Title/trophy ideas.

Captain: 20 users join your clan. Earns the title "Pirate Captain"
King: 50 users join your clan. Earns the title "Pumpking"

(This one is a joke) Pirate: Pirate the game. Gets the title "pirate"

Picture Editor: Post a Terraria meme in the Terraria memes reborn reborn thread. Gets you the title "Memer"
If they figured out that you pirated it, they wouldn't give you a prize. :p

Truffle:
So likable! Are you a mushroom? Have 2,500 likes!

Wall of Flesh:
Feared, yet famous! You have 5,000 likes'

Guide:
The Terraria Expert! You have made 5 guides!

Plantera:
The mother of fear! You have 75 followers!

Last edited:
So I feel like there just aren't as many titles as in the old TO, and I want to do something to fix that. So I'm proposing three high-up trophies/titles for people.

15,000 messages: unlocks trophy "Just wipe the blood off and keep typing" unlocks title Plantera
9000 likes: unlocks trophy "It's over 9,000" unlocks title Duke Fishron
Suggestion gets implemented into Terraria: unlocks trophy "How did you come up with that?" unlocks custom title (nothing innapro-pro).

So what do you think?

Last edited:
We've had a lot of trophy and title suggestions for a long time now. Honestly though I like them and agree that they offer some sort of diversity, they're almost as bad as leaderboards in the way they offer a member for getting x many posts or like. Though I guess with the suggestion being implemented into the game would be nice, as some obvious effort was made to achieve that. I'm not so sure on the title name though. Anyway, apart from that, I don't really approve of any other of these rank titles.

Merging this thread into the other one

I think in the early title development, we decided that excessively high post/like count titles were something we wanted to avoid if possible. All they do is encourage post quantity, over quality.

In my opinion, have 15,000 posts is not necessarily a good thing, and more often than not a bad thing. I wouldn't want to reward it.

Likes isn't much better, due to the excessive like-farming and like-bombing issues we had early on. A few hundred is easily achieved through regular posting, but to get exceedingly high numbers of likes, shady strategies might need to be employed.

As for the suggestion idea, this was something we recently discussed over someone's profile . . . while we have no final answer on it, it would have to be heavily regulated and strictly given. There are a lot of complicated areas where multiple people come up with variations of the same suggestion, and if one of them gets a trophy, that leads to jealousy and claims of idea theft . . . and where do you draw the line? What about suggestions going back years, to TO?

Anything like this would be entirely at the discretion of the dev team, IMO, and would probably cause a lot of drama.

Last edited:
I'd love to see the title "Arms Dealer". I don't have an idea for a trophy though.

I had an idea for a necromancer trophy, which you would get for posting on threads that haven't been active for a long time (maybe three months?)
That reminds me though, weren't there a few trophies on TO that were more interesting then getting X amount of likes or X amount of posts? I think I remember getting "angel statue" for not posting for a week.

If Voodoo Doll were added, I would have it. @Leinfors accidentally gave me a warning point very early on on TCF.

We would never do the Voodoo doll trophy, mostly because it either celebrates mistakes, or celebrates people making false accusations, neither of which are a good thing. Also, you wouldn't believe the number of funky reports we get.

I will admit though, I had a difficult time adjusting to this format, and dished out quite a few warnings to "the person above" due to the way the buttons are laid out.

Any trophy that encourages people to cause trouble, be in trouble, abuse the system, or just do something so trivially easy that anyone can do it in a few minutes aren't something we want to add . . . especially not if it can't be automated.

The vast, vast majority of the trophies given out on the website are completely run by the system, and if we have to do things like regulate posting history, or manually tag people for posting in a thread . . . its just never going to work.

Actually, you make some really good points. If one were awarded for being falsely accused or reported, then that'd be weird. Definitely have to agree on that one.

I had an idea for a necromancer trophy, which you would get for posting on threads that haven't been active for a long time (maybe three months?)

We don't have a necro rule, but this will just encourage people to do deliberate necro's. The one rule we have about necros is that as long as the post is relevant, its good to go . . . but the second you give a reward for doing it? Expect a bunch of people doing it just to do it, then spamming us with requests to get some trophy.

We would never do the Voodoo doll trophy, mostly because it either celebrates mistakes, or celebrates people making false accusations, neither of which are a good thing. Also, you wouldn't believe the number of funky reports we get.

I will admit though, I had a difficult time adjusting to this format, and dished out quite a few warnings to "the person above" due to the way the buttons are laid out.

Any trophy that encourages people to cause trouble, be in trouble, abuse the system, or just do something so trivially easy that anyone can do it aren't something we want to add . . . especially not if it can't be automated.

The vast, vast majority of the trophies given out on the website are completely run by the system, and if we have to do things like regulate posting history, or manually tag people for posting in a thread . . . its just never going to work.
So... does that mean no rewarding necros?

Edit: nevermind... I guess I'll try to come up with something for a chaos elemental trophy.

Back
Top Bottom