tModLoader Tmod Loader Crashing Issues (Help, please!)

SpookyBoe

Terrarian
I've been playing tmod with friends after just completing a run that we beat quickly. The issue is that when we started the game, it runs fine until we fight a boss. After fighting the boss and the host dies, the game crashes, stating it "ran out of memory" (which couldn't have happened, as each of us has 12+ Gb of ram for terraria 64bit) This has been happening for the last few days, and we haven't seemed to find a fix yet. Help, anyone?
(My thought is that it might be an issue with the host saving the file after dying, but we all have the privileges to be able to access the files with our accounts and they aren't on read-only)

More info:
Runs perfectly on singleplayer, only crashes on multi
Computer Memory hasn't gone above 70% when it crashes
Large world
Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling
We've checked that the files aren't on view only
We've tried running on my pc and another friend's pc, the same thing happens
Run on my friend's pc, which has an RTX 3080 and Ryzen 5800 w/ 16Gb of ram
We've fixed the Fargo's and Calamity crashing issue that's happened recently by disabling craftable banners
Have tried moving back to regular Tmod loader and 64 bit

Mod List:
Alchemist NPC
Begone, Evil!
Block Swap
Boss Checklist
Boss Cursor
Calamity Mod + Music + Extra Music + Vanities
Campfire Buffs
Extended Crafting Recipes
Extensible Inventory
Fargo's Mod + Both Evils + Souls + Extensible Inventory + Fallen Stars + Music Mod + DLC
Fun Death Sounds
Infinite and Unconsumable Boss Summons
Item Stats+
Legendaries+
Magic Storage
Max Stack Plus Extra
Mod Helpers
Omniswing
Plentiful Ores
Recipe Browser
Reduced Grinding
Shorter Respawn Time
Smart Doors
VeinMiner
WeaponOut
Wing Slot

I've been having the exact same issue! Though I have way less mods enabled (only calamity and magic storage extra)
I don't know how to fix this so I would love to know too, but I do have some ideas on what might be causing it, which I'm not smart enough to use them to try to fix it:

1- It's still force stopping it once it hits 4 gb of ram usage: I have never seen the ram usage of tmodloader 64 bit go over 4 gb (this is probably not the issue as it would simply make no sense, but who knows? It could always just be something nonsensical like that);

2- Whatever runs the server can't go over 4 gb of ram for whatever reason: at least for me, most of the time it "runs out of memory" my client treats it as if I just lost the internet connection to a server, so maybe it's not the game thats crashing, its whatever runs the server thats crashing

It's not a lot of ideas on what may be the problem, but any information could be helpful

Nos sucede el mismo problema a un amigo y a mi. Tras haber probado de todo creo q es un problema de la nueva versión q deben solucionar los de calamity. Lo único q no he probado ha sido jugar una versión un poco anterior, el fallo es de la 1.5.1.2, sino me equivoco, podria desactualizar el mundo a la 1.5.0.0 por ej?

Yeah, I have this issue, and I only have calamity and it’s music (plus a smart door mod, but I doubt that’s part of the issue.) It really sucks

I'm having the same issue. My log looks like this rn:
1647812687766.png

I'd appreciate if someone could interpret and solve this for me, thanks!

I'm having the same issue. Anytime I host my multiplayer world and we attempt a boss, near the end of the boss fight the game crashes, and I get the error that it ran out of memory. I have only thorium and calamity on, and it's only been happening recently. I have 16 gb of ram and even attempted to run the 64bit tmodloader, but it did the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same issue playing with my friend Calamity today, is always at night where we fought the Destroyer, we tried to disable many mods like critter NPC, Craftable Wof emblems, Better mana regen, etc. Still no results.

Last edited:
Apparently Calamity's newest update (v1.5.1) is the issue. It occurs when player dies that has a cooldown timer ticking from a potion/dodge/rod of discord.

If you want a simple temporary fix until they release a new update, you can downgrade your version to the recommended version v1.5.0.4 by downloading CalamityMod.tmod from this link then replacing your current CalamityMod.tmod in your directory (Documents > My Games > Terraria > ModLoader > Mods > CalamityMod.tmod)

I found this information on the Calamity Discord, you can join their discord for more info or help if you need it.

Back
Top Bottom