TModLoader Error

Hermit Turtle

Terrarian
Is there anyone who has an idea what causes this issue, because of this I cannot start terraria through the TModLoader x64. I have installed it correctly (as per multiple TModLoader installation videos) and Terraria does start normally but I get this whn using the TModLoader launcher.

I have searched for the House_Banner_0.xnb file but have only been able to find House_Banner.xnb, the _0 one doesn't seem to exist nor was it in the TModLoader zip file.

Edit: I've copied the House_Banner.xnb file and renamed it to House_Banner_0.xnb which changed the error to House_Banner_1.xnb after which I copied and name changed it again to House_Banner_1.xnb and now it shows an error for MiniMapFrame.xnb. Does this mean I've downloaded an incomplete Zip or is there something else behind this error?

Attachments

• 1589925198014.png
    1589925198014.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 12,531
Last edited:
Is there anyone who has an idea what causes this issue, because of this I cannot start terraria through the TModLoader x64. I have installed it correctly (as per multiple TModLoader installation videos) and Terraria does start normally but I get this whn using the TModLoader launcher.

I have searched for the House_Banner_0.xnb file but have only been able to find House_Banner.xnb, the _0 one doesn't seem to exist nor was it in the TModLoader zip file.

Edit: I've copied the House_Banner.xnb file and renamed it to House_Banner_0.xnb which changed the error to House_Banner_1.xnb after which I copied and name changed it again to House_Banner_1.xnb and now it shows an error for MiniMapFrame.xnb. Does this mean I've downloaded an incomplete Zip or is there something else behind this error?

The same thing happened to us yesterday as well (forgive me, I'm a mom writing this on behalf of my 10 yo son). We are getting the same message:
Terraria: Error (tModLoader v0.11.6.2)

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Could not load asset Images/UI/House_Banner_0! Error: The content file was not found. --->

I followed the path to the Images folder in the Terraria app and could see the file (House_Banner_0.xnb) there, but I can't get Terraria to run (launching from Steam). Can anyone help please? I know very little about how computers actually work (where files actually are, types of files, etc). Thank you!!

So I have found the solution and its pretty simple, so you might already know it. Its because the version we have/had is not the newest one, even though its listed as it is on the tmod front page. Go to tModLoader/tModLoader and download the newest version (it will have mac/Linux/windows). After that extract the folder and move/copy it to your main terraria folder, it will most likely want to replace certain files so its a good idea to make a backup of your original terraria folder. You will then have to run the tModLoader application to play terraria with the tmod loader. Hope this helps a little bit

The forum thread will usually be behind since blushie isnt around often. The best place to use is either steam (which should auto update) and the github releases. You also shouldnt actually install into the Terraria folder, instead make a tModLoader folder alongside the Terraria folder if you want to install manually.

(As for the error: that is if you dont have the contents folder for tML and you updated Terraria to 1.4, you must have a 0.11.7+ TML install)

So I have found the solution and its pretty simple, so you might already know it. Its because the version we have/had is not the newest one, even though its listed as it is on the tmod front page. Go to tModLoader/tModLoader and download the newest version (it will have mac/Linux/windows). After that extract the folder and move/copy it to your main terraria folder, it will most likely want to replace certain files so its a good idea to make a backup of your original terraria folder. You will then have to run the tModLoader application to play terraria with the tmod loader. Hope this helps a little bit
your solution doesnt work for me, and i always keep the steam version up to date, i even went and replaced the steam version with the one from the link and it still doesnt, you probably got lucky, cause nothing i try work, ever 1.4 came out tmod64 bit broke, and the 32 bit just aint enough. guess ill have to wait the 2 years its gonna take for them to update it

I logged in just to update this, but there is a fix. Its looking for files that do not exist in those sections, however if you have the files in an old version of terraria, you can replace them and get the game to boot. I make backups of stuff before I update the game so i just so happened to have those files. hope this helps you guys out! (if it doesnt boot or if it needs another file tell me, i could have forgot to add one.)

Attachments

• Replacements.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,544
[QUOTE = "Brodillian, post: 2124817, member: 126943"]
Я вошел в систему, чтобы обновить это, но есть исправление. Он ищет файлы, которых нет в этих разделах, однако, если у вас есть файлы в старой версии terraria, вы можете заменить их и загрузить игру. Я делаю резервные копии вещей перед обновлением игры, так что эти файлы у меня были. надеюсь, это поможет вам, ребята! (если он не загружается или ему нужен другой файл, скажите мне, я мог бы забыть добавить его.)
[/ QUOTE]
Здравствуйте, не могли бы вы помочь с этой проблемой? Я просто очень хочу поиграть, но террария вылетает, как только я нажимаю одну игру
Безымянный.png
Безымянный.png

[QUOTE = "Brodillian, post: 2124817, member: 126943"]
Я вошел в систему, чтобы обновить это, но есть исправление. Он ищет файлы, которых нет в этих разделах, однако, если у вас есть файлы в старой версии terraria, вы можете заменить их и загрузить игру. Я делаю резервные копии вещей перед обновлением игры, так что эти файлы у меня были. надеюсь, это поможет вам, ребята! (если он не загружается или ему нужен другой файл, скажите мне, я мог бы забыть добавить его.)
[/ QUOTE]

Will that solve this problem?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,671

Make sure you have Terraria and tModLoader downloaded on the same drive. Say if Terraria is on X drive and tModLoader is on Y drive, then tModLoader won't have Terraria to boot from. Hope this helps!

Couldn't find out the solution to the error (Contents folder could not be found), my Terraria folder was in the C:\ drive, whilst my tModLoader was on the D:\ drive. Moved my Terraria folder to the D:\ drive with my tModLoader installation path, (Right click on Terraria > Properties > Local Files > Move install folder) and it loaded perfectly. Thanks

Every time I start up Tmodloader this error pops up. I have no idea on how to fix it. I have restarted the game redownloaded both terraria and tmodloader but nothing seems to fix. This error also tells me to share a file which I did if anyone is willing to help.
1628544562819.png

Attachments

• client.log
    7.2 KB · Views: 191

I get this error when i try to load up tmodloader. I don't know what to do lol. There is error messages in all of them.

Attachments

• 1636831244627.png
    1636831244627.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 946
  • client.log
    1.5 KB · Views: 157
  • client2.log
    1.4 KB · Views: 98
  • client3.log
    1.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
i was specifically able to patch the errors by creating blank dummy xnb files with the exact names of the missing files in it and got it to run, (had to reload the game about 62 times to ge all the files it was missing) if anyone want the completed folder i cna issue it to you via google drive via discord, my discord is gunmaker#6065
keep in mind it will not work if you are using gog version, and will not run without the steam version installed and steam running.

it occured to me that such items as these banners would never be called upon anyways so empty dummy files work as a perfect solution

if you need to do ityourself or are too paranoid to download my work simply copy and paste a clone of a random xnb file and rename it to the one that it declares is missing, then repeat the process usinga clone of the original clone for the remaining errors.

En tmodloader un error que me pasa que no me deja jugar mi mundo es que al entrar a mi mundo (grande) no me deja moverme al entrar también los npcs no se mueven y solo voltean de un lado para el otro y si me deja mover el mouse y mis mascotas si se mueven y también si sirven las animaciones. esta muy raro :/, tengo los mods imksushi mod, thorium mod y no health limit.jsjsjjdjdudmdndbdjdbskndbxkdndhdkbdjsksndjdkdnbdiskdbfhdkdbdfhe
jsjsbdjsjdbsksjsksnvsjsnsbsjsjwjehekkebenensnsjsnsndbejenebrjekenejkendjekenebejejdbdjjdjdkendjemdne

Attachments

• 20220406_164328.jpg
    20220406_164328.jpg
    775 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
so i saw a mod that made me come back to modded terraria but when i tried loading tmodloader the things wouldnt load and left me with this error message
---------------------------
Terraria: Error (tModLoader v0.11.8.8)
System.IO.IOException: The cloud file provider is not running.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.ReadCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at System.IO.FileStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllBytes(String path, Boolean checkHost)

at Terraria.Utilities.FileUtilities.ReadAllBytes(String path, Boolean cloud)

at Terraria.IO.FavoritesFile.Load()

at Terraria.Main.Initialize()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()

at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
OK
can someone plz help? me idk why this is happening

Back
Top Bottom