[tModLoader] GIMJ's Terraria Overhauls

Jofairden

Duke Fishron
tModLoader
C5PwWhy.png

None of the sprites used are final. I'm looking for people that are good at spriting and willing to do it for free. If I'm using your sprite without your consent, send me a pm.
Please give me feedback, this is all forged by you guys! ^^

Changelog
August 2015
Wednesday, 12th of August, 2015
  • Started updating modules info using tables (more clarity)
  • Updated download section, as now only dllReferences is required
  • Updated FAQ/Content/Credits section
  • Added more info to modules
Tuesday, 11th of August, 2015
  • Prepped and released 0.1a of Snippet and module: Events
  • Updated info about modules in thread
  • Updated thread slightly
Monday, 10th of August, 2015
  • Expanded base (snippet), quite a lot (ID lists)
  • All boss summon items should now stack up to 99 (Bosses module)
  • All event summon items should now stack up to 99 (Events module)
  • Started working on Blood Moon
  • Decreased the droprate chance of Pirate Maps during Pirate Invasions (before this change you would get about 3 each run!) (reduced from 1% to 0.1%)
  • Changed Odd Staff droprate from 25% to 15%
  • Added Orenmir, Shadowflame Staff
  • Added 2 new materials (Items module): Iron Ring and Lead Ring, used to craft accessories
  • Removed old Mana Reg. Band recipe, and Magic Cuffs recipe
  • Added new Mana reg. Band and Magic Cuffs recipe
Sunday, 9th of August, 2015
  • Today I won't be home long, so no programming.
  • Added possible new NPC's for Frost Legion, thanks to RaffleKFC for the sprites.
Saturday, 8th of August, 2015
  • Creating some concepts for Blood Moon
  • Addition to Items: increased the drop rate of Rod of Discord, plans to make a recipe for it
  • Plans to change how-to get the most rare items in Terraria (Bone Key, The Axe, Coin Gun, Discount Card, Key Molds, Lizard Egg, Enchanted Sword etc.)
Friday, 7th of August, 2015
  • Added Events: created GoblinInvasion and SlimeRain
  • Added Items: buffed/changed 'True' Night's Edge/Excalibur, Terra Blade
  • Made custom sprites & got help
  • Waited for tModLoader to update for .dll reference and rebuilding issues

FAQ/Content & Credits
What are these mods going to contain/what will they do?
This mod series will focus primarily on overhauling vanilla content, such as: Items, Events, Bosses, NPC's, etc.
My other mod series called GIMJ's Terraria Additions will focus primarily on adding content.

Do you take requests/feedback etc?
Yes, feedback is highly appreciated. In fact, a lot of requests/feedback are put into these mods.

Which mods does this series contain?
Currently I'm planning on these categories:
  1. Items
  2. Bosses
  3. Events
  4. NPC's
Credits:
Anyone that has made content such as sprites, or helped in any other way will be mentioned here.
Gorateron (GIMJ)
Fenrisúlfr
RaffleKFC
bluemagic123 (author of tModLoader)

Summary
tl;dr These modules (mods) overhaul vanilla content, aiming to make the experience more pleasant and rewarding.

I was never quite happy with some things in vanilla Terraria, such as the fact that you'll have to get 'lucky' for a mob to drop a certain thing. This mod aims to 'improve' that, by relying more on guaranteed drops. Instead of having a mob drop a certain item, you'll now have to gather multiple (realistic) ingredients to craft that item yourself. These overhauls might also change how certain items work, buff/nerf them and also add new items, npc's, tiles etc. Currently this is really early WIP but I'd like to know what you guys think about it. It's also my goal to eventually make a new event that will combine elements of all other events.

Overhauls
Only events is available for download for now and contains Goblin Invasion & Slime Rain! version 0.1a All these overhauls require Snippet!

Bosses
  • Added a summon item for Plantera
  • All boss summon items now stack to 99

Items
Band of Starpower/Reg. Mana reg. Band, Magic Cuffs changes
  • Removed old Mana Reg. Band and Magic Cuffs recipe
  • Added new Mana Reg. Band and Magic Cuffs recipe
  • Added 2 new materials: Iron Ring and Lead Ring
New items
Iron Ring, Lead Ring
Both used to craft accessories

New recipes
Band of Starpower

1 Fallen Star and 1 Lead/Iron Ring at an Anvil

Band of Regeneration
1 Life Crystal and 1 Lead/Iron Ring at an Anvil

Mana regeneration band
1 Band of Starpower and 1 Lead/Iron Ring at an Anvil

Magic Cuffs
2 Band of Starpower and 1 Shackle at an Anvil

Broken Hero Sword (Terra Blade, True Night's Edge, True Excalibur)
I've always hated the fact that the 'True' versions did not have autoswing, but Terra blade did. Come on, the first versions already don't have autoswing, make the 'True' versions have it! The following changes aim to improve use of True versions without making them much stronger.

True Excalibur
  • Now has autoswing
  • Increased knockback by 0.5 (total of 5)
  • Increased usetime by 5 (20)
  • Decreased damage by 6 (total of 60)
  • Increased crit % by 2 (total of 6%)
True Night's Edge
  • Now has autoswing
  • Increased knockback by 0.25 (total of 5)
  • Increased usetime by 5 (total of 30)
  • Decreased damage by 5 (total of 85)
  • Increased crit % by 2 (total of 6%)
Terra Blade
  • Decreased knockback by 1 (total of 5.5)
  • Increased damage by 5 (total of 100)
  • Increased crit % by 4 (total of 8%)
  • Increased the droprate of:
  1. Rod of Discord (from 0.2% to 1%)

Events
Goblin Invasion
New items
Item | Description | Recipe | Notes
69453-e3d213acf6b3d11edbd7a28dbda051f4.jpg
Shadowflame Throwing Knife | Same as Shadowflame Knife, but now like a regular Throwing Knife and with lower damage | 3
69452-42e292b2f18c858ac3e1aff732b666b9.jpg
Shadowflame, 10 Throwing Knife | Used to craft Shadowflame Knife
Shadowflame | Used to craft Shadowflame related items | | Drops during Goblin Invasion
9lA90Vi.png
Odd Doll | What a strange doll. | 1
Clay_Block.png
Clay, 1
Wood.png
Wood (any) and 2
Hay.png
Hay | Dropped by Goblin Summoner (Hardmode)
index.php
Shadowflame Staff | Summons a friendly apparition | ?? | Currently not implemented
index.php
Goblin Invasion Flask | Increases melee damage and melee speed slightly for ?? seconds | ?? | Currently not implemented

Shadowflame item changes
Shadowflame_Hex_Doll.png
Shadowflame Hex Doll | damage + 10, shootSpeed + 2, mana + 2 | 65
Shadowflame, 1
9lA90Vi.png
Odd Doll |
Shadowflame_Knife.png
Shadowflame Knife | damage + 5, Shootspeed -2 , knockBack - 4.75, useTime - 2, Melee damage is now Throwing damage, uses Shadowflame Throwing Knife as ammo, 66% to not consume ammo | 65
Shadowflame, 1
69453-e3d213acf6b3d11edbd7a28dbda051f4.jpg
Shadowflame Throwing Knife |
Shadowflame_Bow.png
Shadowflame Bow | damage + 13, shootSpeed + 2 | 65
Shadowflame, 1
Wooden_Bow.png
Wooden Bow | Will have a replacement for Wooden Bow ingredient in the future

NPC Changes
NPC | Description | Notes Goblin Scout | Now drops 3 to 6, guaranteed
Tattered_Cloth.png
Tattered Cloth |
Any goblin | Now has a 0.1% chance to drop a
Tattered_Cloth.png
Tattered Cloth HARDMODE ONLY Now has a 1% chance to drop 1 to 3
Shadowflame |
Goblin Summoner | No longer drops Shadowflame items. Now drops 5 to 15, guaranteed
Shadowflame. Now has a 5% chance to drop an
9lA90Vi.png
Odd Doll |
Goblin Thief | Now has a 33% chance to drop 1 to 5
Throwing_Knife.png
Throwing Knife |

Slime Rain
Item changes
Slime_Staff.png
Slime staff | damage + 2, knockBack - 1, mana + 5, value + 50s 30c | | Is now dropped by King Slime (25%)

NPC changes
NPC | Description | Notes King Slime | Now has a 25% chance to drop
Slime_Staff.png
Slime staff, health + 400 (Expert 200), damage + 5 (Expert: 6), defense - 2 (Expert: 1) |

Blood Moon
New items
index.php
Chunk of Flesh | Used to craft Blood Moon Items | | Drops during Blood Moon
index.php
Cracked Brains | Spawns Blood Moon | 20 Chunk of Flesh | Requires >= 120 HP, no New Moon active, no Blood Moon active
index.php
Leech Blade | Puts leeches on enemies, leeching health | 66 Chunk of Flesh | Currently no custom debuffs supported, so Venom is applied
index.php
Orenmir | Stronger version of Leech Blade, and rarer | 666 Chunk of Flesh | Currently no custom debuffs supported, so Venom is applied
index.php
Ball O' Blood | Spews blood | ?? | Currently not implemented
index.php
Blood Moon Flask | Increases life and life regen. slightly for ?? seconds | ?? | Currently not implemented

Frost Legion
Possible, new NPCs sprites
index.php
index.php
index.php
  • All event summon items now stack to 99
  • Added an item to summon Blood Moon (Crackled Brains)
  • Added an item to summon Martian Madness

Download Overhauls & Snippet
Download offline, no interest.. ;/

Last edited:
I can help with sprites, but not the fact that I will draw them quickly.

Time doesn't matter, you can take however long you'd need. If I think they'll fit then I'll credit you and use them :D
So currently, here's what I'd need:
  • Odd Doll sprite, if you think you could make something better. I just took the hex doll and changed it a little.
  • Shadowflame. This really needs a cool animation. Make sure to use purple colors ^^
  • Shadowflame throwing knife, I think mine's OK but a better one would always do
  • Odd Staff (Slime Rain event, King Slime), I just took Slime Staff and made it really simple. Used to craft Slime Staff:
    xBYc8pZ.png
Also I plan on adding a ton of stuff for Solar Eclipse / Blood Moon. I'd like Blood Moon to have a lot of cool stuff. (Blood Moon will also be my main priority as Solar Eclipse already has a lot of stuff) Blood moon items will obviously use red colors. Not sure yet which items I have in mind, again all suggestions are welcome.

• Odd Doll sprite, if you think you could make something better. I just took the hex doll and changed it a little.
  • Shadowflame. This really needs a cool animation. Make sure to use purple colors ^^
  • Shadowflame throwing knife, I think mine's OK but a better one would always do
  • Odd Staff (Slime Rain event, King Slime), I just took Slime Staff and made it really simple. Used to craft Slime Staff:
    xBYc8pZ.png
Challenge accepted.

Also for blood moon items, i think using vinous color may be better.

Challenge accepted.

Also for blood moon items, i think using vinous color may be better.

Whatever feels right, as long as it fits in the theme :D Maybe you can try making a sword, I was thinking something like 'Fleshrender'. Quite a big, clunky sword, very small chance to heal for a tiny amount of health. (like 1 or 2)
You might as well come up with something cool yourself ^^

Currently working on Slime Rain, buffing King Slime a bit, adding drops.. etc Currently what is in OP about Goblin Invasion is fully functional and in-game for me :)

Hmm, maybe add new types of dolls
OddDoll.png
? Like Ichorflame Hex DollIchorflame_Hex_Doll.png , Shadowflame Hex Doll Cursedflame_Hex_Doll.png.
About shadowflame, animation is not my strong point. Maybe due to others flames it is not need it? Ichor.png Cursed_Flame.png ShadowFlame.png (I think i need resprite it)
I think throwing knife is good. Or i am just too lazy.
Also repaired OddStaff.png.

Hmm, maybe add new types of dolls View attachment 69414? Like Ichorflame Hex DollView attachment 69417 , Shadowflame Hex Doll View attachment 69413.
About shadowflame, animation is not my strong point. Maybe due to others flames it is not need it? View attachment 69422 View attachment 69420 View attachment 69439 (I think i need resprite it)
I think throwing knife is good. Or i am just too lazy.
Also repaired View attachment 69441.

I'm not sure about adding extra dolls, since currently it's just overhauling events. Only shadowflame seems linked to goblin invasions, so I wouldn't know where to put them. That would probably go into 'Other' or 'Items' overhaul.
I'll take a look at other flames' animations. The reason I kept Odd Staff the same to Slime Staff is because it would be weird to suddenly have a different shape of staff, right? I sure do like your input!

Attempt number two: OddStaff.png (Just smoothed you version), ShadowFlame.png (Reworked), KbY9QwK.png (Slighty resprited).
Also doll OddDoll.png.

Smoothed you version.
9lA90Vi.png

If you give me example of fire animation i am try to sprite it.

Last edited:
Woo, ShadowFlame.png,
ShadowFlameAnimated.png
. Woo,
ShadowFlameBullet.png
ShadowFlameDart.png ShadowFlameArrow.png. Woo,
ShadowRain.png
FlaskOfShadowflame.png
. Wo? Shadowflame_Torch.png
Also woo,
Ichor.png
IchorAnimated.png

I need some sleep, so cursed flames will be later...

Last edited:
Oh god i already want to try it :D
Good to hear! ^^ Also remember that any kind of suggestions/feedback is always welcome. :)
Currently I feel the actual content is too little yet, and some things aren't working correctly. On top of that I'm updating this every minute basically, so there's no point in releasing anything yet.

Good to hear! ^^ Also remember that any kind of suggestions/feedback is always welcome. :)
Currently I feel the actual content is too little yet, and some things aren't working correctly. On top of that I'm updating this every minute basically, so there's no point in releasing anything yet.

Nah no problem, take your time but remember = Quality > Quantity

Back
Top Bottom