TModloader Steam Multiplayer Problem

RasBM

Terrarian
My friend and I played modded Terraria with no problems up until today where we added some mods and updated all the mods. Then when he tried to connect through steam he connected and joined the game but his game was frozen for about 5 seconds until it just said connection lost.

We have tried many things to try to fix this including:
-Uninstalling the mods we added and reloading
-Making sure we have the same mod and game versions
-Then I tried joining a world he hosted but I had the same problem where it froze for about 5 seconds before kicking me out with a connection lost message
-Then we both went to our firewall settings and allowed the server.exe, tmodloaderserver and terraria.exe access on both public and private networks
-Then we added an ingoing rule in the firewall which opened port 7777 TCP without security

We eventually tried Hamachi and at first it didn't work but then we had to go into the firewall settings yet again and allow unsecured access on all domain, private and public networks. This allowed my friend to join the server which we launched through the tmodloader server bat file in the terraria steam folder. The problem was that the connection was very choppy and it seems like an unnecessary hassle when steam worked just fine before. So I am wondering if you guys know of any solutions to this problem.

Back
Top Bottom