Standalone [tModLoader] TML.Patcher - .tmod Archive Extractor and Packer

i went through this thread reading I didn’t notice this now… this would’ve helped me with looking through calamity’s source code for reference because I have finally beat it and know a majority of what things do and want to know….
Welp I hope I remember…. Unless polarities mod is all I need for reference…
Thanks for this!
Also with stuff like mods going out and mod authors disappearing, you can continue the mod but not by copying the mod you can literally make it so the mod can only run off of that mod and such… and add stuff… I think that works? I dunno lol I just got into coding and just got boss checklist integration

i went through this thread reading I didn’t notice this now… this would’ve helped me with looking through calamity’s source code for reference because I have finally beat it and know a majority of what things do and want to know….
Welp I hope I remember…. Unless polarities mod is all I need for reference…
Thanks for this!
Also with stuff like mods going out and mod authors disappearing, you can continue the mod but not by copying the mod you can literally make it so the mod can only run off of that mod and such… and add stuff… I think that works? I dunno lol I just got into coding and just got boss checklist integration
Yeah you can patch other mods, this tool exists as a way to get the source so your able to work with it as a strong/weak reference, otherwise known as a dependency in the case of a strong reference.
You can use it to easily find out the internal names to add cross-mod compatibility
If you wanted to continue a mod like an expansion, you could do that too. I guess I can see this being easy for the old-abandoned mods people still use (cough Luiafk)
Afaik, if your continuing the work of someone else's mod through an expansion but your not copying their code or assets into your own mod project, your fine.

Stevie made this tool to make getting these files more accessible for everyone, not just the more code-aligned or the fortunate. Because otherwise you'd have to know how to bypass the "hide code" check on TMOD files when extracting them (there are different ways to do this but they're not quite accessible to most TML modders) or ask the mod authors themselves for the DLL files (Fabsol is very picky about who he lets have Calamity's source code). Besides, he clearly states that how you use it... that's 100% on you, not him.

Not entirely sure how I want to move forward with this project. The code concept is complete. Patching is questionable, not sure how I'll implement that.
If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

hmm why bro 1651749107069.png

Might just be me but this isn't working...
Is there anything I'm doing wrong?
Either way, I just wanted to use this so I could get the filenames of calamity items to add to my character's shop. If anyone could find the file name for the draedon's power cell in Calamity, I'd be more than grateful.

Attachments

• image_2022-05-19_204615885.png
    image_2022-05-19_204615885.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 295
Might just be me but this isn't working...
Is there anything I'm doing wrong?
Either way, I just wanted to use this so I could get the filenames of calamity items to add to my character's shop. If anyone could find the file name for the draedon's power cell in Calamity, I'd be more than grateful.
You need to navigate to the directory that contains TML.Patcher.Client.dll.

Back
Top Bottom