tModLoader tMusicPlayer

Sheepish Shepherd

Official Terrarian
tMusicplayer

icon.png

Banner_Button_GitHub.png Banner_Button_Steam.png

tMusicPlayer is a music box powered UI that can play your music boxes on the fly with no need for space to hold them.

Choose between the unobstructive, small player or the informative, large player. Using the small player you are able to Play/Stop songs and view your collection.
Using the larger player will also tell you the name of the song, which mod it comes from, be able to navigate between owned music boxes, as well as detect environmental songs and display their information.
While viewing your collection, you are able to sort by name, id, or entry ordered. You can also filter by mod or obtained/not obtained.
Easily add music boxes to their respective spots OR drop it into the quick add slot.

ALL MODDED MUSIC BOXES SHOULD AUTOMATICALLY BE SUPPORTED!

tMusicplayer displays in grid mode
tMusicplayer displays in list mode

index.php

Last edited:
Yo! I found me a bug! Music boxes that are already in the ui of the player can be duplicated. it only happens to the music boxes that are on the furthest right of the ui (starting from the middle it would be the 2nd to the right).

How its done: if you match the music box (the one furthest to the right) to the slot where you add the boxes and then try to remove the box, it will duplicate it. to match the music box to the adding slot, simply scroll down till the music box fits almost exactly.

Also, this mod is sick and ima be using it in all of my playthroughs.

Two bugs in one day! or is it 1 bug and a crash? idk but i get this error whenever i play the new console music in my world then decide to disable the mod.

Also, i have no other modifications installed, same with the bug from before.

Buggy.PNG

Two bugs in one day! or is it 1 bug and a crash? idk but i get this error whenever i play the new console music in my world then decide to disable the mod.

Also, i have no other modifications installed, same with the bug from before.

View attachment 235035
Ah bugs. Inevitable for a mods first release. I think I have the dupe bug fixed, but unsure about the reloading one. Let me know if you run into more issues!

Seems to be working well for me so far, I'd say this is one of the best additions to my modpack as I play with a lot of mods with custom music.
Thanks for this! ^^

Last edited:
Thanks! Im really glad I was able to automatically have mod support without other mods needing to do anything. Enjoy the music!

I definitely have been, thanks again! I do have a few things to request though.

Alright, so... I love the addition of the console edition music! I'd like it if the
tutorial theme (to complete the collection) and a search bar was added though (searches for the track's name, of course, rather than the music boxes' name).

One more thing, I think the UI could have a bit more detail. Maybe more like the look of Recipe browser, with the main section being a different color than the main section, and the buttons also being in a separate section.

Quick edit so I don't double-post, can I have a banner (w/ link) to put in my "Mods I support" list? I really do love this mod!

First i want to say: I realy love your mod, thank you for sharing your mod with us.
Sadly its not possible to play in Multiplayer (Host and Play) with this mod on, there are 2 errors, the first forces the mod to be turned off and the second causes the mod to not unload properly which causes a infinity server loading screen. I´m not realy good at English, so I´m adding the server.log file. I´m playing with the tmodloader 64 bit version (if thats important).
Thank you for your time reading this!

Attachments

• server.log
    5.7 KB · Views: 236
First i want to say: I realy love your mod, thank you for sharing your mod with us.
Sadly its not possible to play in Multiplayer (Host and Play) with this mod on, there are 2 errors, the first forces the mod to be turned off and the second causes the mod to not unload properly which causes a infinity server loading screen. I´m not realy good at English, so I´m adding the server.log file. I´m playing with the tmodloader 64 bit version (if thats important).

Same issue here, not too much of a big deal for me as I don't play multiplayer often, but still...

I've been looking into this, when I had found out it wasn't working on my friend's server. I think I resolved the issue thanks to this crash log, so thanks!

Would it be possible to make the music boxes open while they're being played similar to placed music boxes ?
And a way to completely hide the music player.

Sadly having the music box open could bring up issues with mods, since not everyone will follow the same way they do textures.
Theres no option to hide the musicplayer, but configs will be available in a future update which i will add this to its list.
Would it be possible to make the music boxes open while they're being played similar to placed music boxes ?
And a way to completely hide the music player.

One problem I have with the mod is that when you place modded music boxes in the slot that automatically places it in its slot won't let you select the box. Instead, you need to place it in its slot manually. When opening the game back up, you need to do this as well, since they won't show up in the selection tab. It's annoying. I do think it's because of the order mods are loaded and other things. Otherwise, great mod.

tMusicPlayer v0.7 has been released to the Mob Browser!

• Record Mode now records music x4 as frequent. Record Mode now uses the 1.4 sound effect when you successfully record a song.
  • Fixed an issue that would break song navigation if you did not place the music boxes in manually and when opening a world.
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes the record button would not appear.
  • Fixed being able to play songs not yet obtained by toggling the config Enable All Music back and forth and by adding and removing a music box from your selection.
  • You can no longer navigate through songs while Listen Mode is turned on.
I am eagerly looking forward to the release of a 1.4 update version once tModLoader itself has updated for 1.4! When the update arrives, this mod's extra music boxes will no longer exist as 1.4 adds all these songs, so they will also be deleted from your saved music boxes.

Edit: Released v0.7.1

Accidentally broke configs while not in a world and reloading would cause crash. Should be fixed now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom