Biomes & Nature To Sea a Better Ocean a Large Ocean Revamp Collaboration

haha yeah. too bad they didn't use that for the crimson. but... it just doesn't quite work for the crimson.
it could work for crimsonized reefstone/limestone I'm still not entirely sure about the blocks... By the way what do you guys think about the gear, particularly the crafted gear?

i like the gear
what do you like about it? I kinda want to get more constructive criticism... Once I get enough input I plan to use that to improve the OP
Okay so right now I don't have the time to read this, but it sounds big and I would like to contribute. I could also make sprites if you still need em'. I had this sea serpent idea a while back and a lot of people liked the idea. Link to it here if you're interested and want to sea it. Also had an idea for a hermit crab enemy, but you probably already have one. I'll actually read the whole post later when I have time, but these were just some ideas.
sure I would love some help for sprites! for this I went with more natural ocean mobs but I would love the help of a skilled sprite people love sprites :) Once you read over it I'd love some creative input!

That's... that was a lot to take in. I'm not sure what to add, you already have a lot. I had an idea for a clam that behaves like a man eater but you already have so many unique enemies. That's to be expected of the ocean though huh?
Giant Amoeba.png

Sea slime. Personally I would call it a giant amoeba and have it split when it dies like a mother slime, but that's up to you.

Giant Clam.png

Giant Clam. Looks like a normal clam but up close, like a mimic, it turns aggressive and behaves like a man eater. I thought it could work because you know... clams have tongues and stuff.

Ocean Pearl.png

Ocean Pearl

And now that sprites are out of the way, I actually do have something else to add. Critters that you can catch and put in a terrarium or something like krill or an amoeba would be cool. Down in the abyss they wouldn't be able to spawn but higher up they could perhaps? And those neat goggles that you can find could allow you to catch some epic fish unique to the abyss or other darker, deeper parts of the ocean. Also, I remember reading a book once where a child fished up a green violin from a harbor after it floated away from a shipwreck. Perhaps a violin could be put in one of the chests in those shipwrecks? It could be like an instrument from starbound and you you could play songs on it.
Green Violin.png

Sadly I don't think that such a large suggestion could make it into the game right now, but you do have my support.
Support Badge.png

I'll try to make some sprites after June 22nd, but for now I hope my offerings will do this suggestion good.

That's... that was a lot to take in. I'm not sure what to add, you already have a lot. I had an idea for a clam that behaves like a man eater but you already have so many unique enemies. That's to be expected of the ocean though huh?
View attachment 57873
Sea slime. Personally I would call it a giant amoeba and have it split when it dies like a mother slime, but that's up to you.

View attachment 57874
Giant Clam. Looks like a normal clam but up close, like a mimic, it turns aggressive and behaves like a man eater. I thought it could work because you know... clams have tongues and stuff.

View attachment 57875
Ocean Pearl

And now that sprites are out of the way, I actually do have something else to add. Critters that you can catch and put in a terrarium or something like krill or an amoeba would be cool. Down in the abyss they wouldn't be able to spawn but higher up they could perhaps? And those neat goggles that you can find could allow you to catch some epic fish unique to the abyss or other darker, deeper parts of the ocean. Also, I remember reading a book once where a child fished up a green violin from a harbor after it floated away from a shipwreck. Perhaps a violin could be put in one of the chests in those shipwrecks? It could be like an instrument from starbound and you you could play songs on it.
View attachment 57876

Sadly I don't think that such a large suggestion could make it into the game right now, but you do have my support.
View attachment 57877
I'll try to make some sprites after June 22nd, but for now I hope my offerings will do this suggestion good.
Thanks for the sprites! and indeed I don't expect a suggestion like this to make it into the game verbatim its more to serve as an example to show what sort of things players want for Terraria. As for the critters I have an entire section on them and where they are found but more can be added :)

Thanks for the sprites! and indeed I don't expect a suggestion like this to make it into the game verbatim its more to serve as an example to show what sort of things players want for Terraria. As for the critters I have an entire section on them and where they are found but more can be added :)
Ah, forgot you already had some. I found these sprites in an old folder, you think a viking ship mount has any potential in this?
War Horn.png

Viking Ship.png

Ah, forgot you already had some. I found these sprites in an old folder, you think a viking ship mount has any potential in this?
View attachment 57892
View attachment 57891
Well this is Terraria it certainly can fit in maybe it can be a rare drop from the lost sailors?
oh and one minor nitpick by clam enemy was named the Ancient Clam ;)
I feel bad about saying i but I feel the ocean pearl doesn't look mystic enough perhaps it could emit light that glows blue :) no need to change the sprite just give it a glow.... hmm special mention maybe?

Well this is Terraria it certainly can fit in maybe it can be a rare drop from the lost sailors?
oh and one minor nitpick by clam enemy was named the Ancient Clam ;)
I feel bad about saying i but I feel the ocean pearl doesn't look mystic enough perhaps it could emit light that glows blue :) no need to change the sprite just give it a glow.... hmm special mention maybe?
What you do with it is completely up to you. I normally have generic ideas and names for them. "oh, this clam is bigger than average, I'll just name it 'giant clam' and be done with it." And also, you don't need to feel bad about saying it isn't exactly what you needed or wanted, It's completely fine.

Back
Top Bottom