• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Sprites Toad Caves (Alternate Spider Nests)

divebat

Skeletron
It would probably be a 50% of either to spawn (spider nest or toad place) . Well everyone would want the toad place though. The staves are cool the armor is cool the enemies look cool EVERYTHING LOOKS COOL
50 50 chance is kinda a given...
 

darthmorf

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Looks pretty nice to me. And it follows the trend of the alts being better thatln the originals. So, support!
 

Orithan

Eye of Cthulhu
Support, but it needs balancing and should appear alongside Spider Caves instead of being a Black and White alternative.

I can see this being a very neat thing to add into the game, and give the defensive players a better chance to get eased into Hardmode. Though I would prefer HM to get rebalanced from the ground up (which I don't think is going to realistically happen in Terraria's remaining lifespan) to be more accommodating to those who are just entering.
 

PTpirahna

Spazmatism
What I don't like about this is that you've pretty much made a complete reskin, rather than an alternative.
 

Izzabelle

Lunatic Cultist
What I don't like about this is that you've pretty much made a complete reskin, rather than an alternative.
I think "reskin" is quite a bit of an unfair assessment. While the suggestion mirrors the contents of the Spider Nest, it has it's own variations, values, and functions that separate it from Spider Nests. It seems like you're getting caught up on the mirrored components -- and disregarding anything else.
 

Pixel

Terrarian
To begin with, the originality of this idea is very high in comparison to other biome suggestions. Members tend to create large and overfilled biome alternate suggestions, or even new ones, but this one goes to a mini biome. Due to my arachnophobia, I'm going to place my hand forward and say "I support.", but there is so much effort put into this that I didn't want to leave out.

Firstly, you seem to have some great spritework provided for the suggestion, which ties into a format aspect that I always look out for. Good use of BBcode for the tables, and just everything concerning format seems to look clean and comprehensible. Regarding the suggestion itself, you've managed to balance out each part correctly, making sure you have things alternated just right. As well as that, the nice little unique ideas that complete this suggestion are just wonderful. I love those little Toad mobs.
 

Folder

Skeletron Prime
Ummmm, wow?
Great Sprites, even tho you claimed them to be splices, they felt like they were made from scratch.
But the best thing I liked about this Suggestion was how the Suggestion was presented. In short, this Suggestion is all OCDs's(Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) Dream.
So, I say
Support
BTW, the Toad Slime looks like Pac Man
 

Commander Crocket

Official Terrarian
Phenomenal work, you've fleshed out the idea very well. Not to mention that the sprites are top shelf, and capture the essence of the suggestion quite well, I'd have never known that they were the result of splicing existing sprites without being informed that this is the case. The main issue with this suggestion is balance, but these can easily be tweaked and refined over time. You have my full support, I'll be sorely disappointed if this doesn't get added in a future update.
 

Izzabelle

Lunatic Cultist
But the best thing I liked about this Suggestion was how the Suggestion was presented. In short, this Suggestion is all OCDs's(Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) Dream.
Thanks! I tried. I was told that if the suggestion isn't detailed, it wouldn't be supported at all... so I tried my best to insert everything I thought anyone might want to know. Even if I didn't quite understand everything myself.
 

OneOnlyDan

Duke Fishron
Pretty cool. Like a lot of the people in this thread I'd prefer if both this and the Spider Caves could spawn in the same world (with cobwebs being the thing covering our world, it makes more sense than "spider-moss" being in random caverns). Also, how would this afffect spawning in ice caves?
 

Izzabelle

Lunatic Cultist
Pretty cool. Like a lot of the people in this thread I'd prefer if both this and the Spider Caves could spawn in the same world (with cobwebs being the thing covering our world, it makes more sense than "spider-moss" being in random caverns). Also, how would this afffect spawning in ice caves?
I never thought cobwebs in ice caverns made too much sense to be honest :dryadtongue:.

But I'm still considering allowing both mini-biomes to spawn.
 

Folder

Skeletron Prime
Why not Make Toad Caves having a lower Chance of Spawning than Spider Caves?
It makes Sense Cuz toad caves currently are better than Spider Caves
I would Suggest Spider caves have a 70% Chance of Spawning and Toad Caves having a Spawn chance of 30%
 

Izzabelle

Lunatic Cultist
Why not Make Toad Caves having a lower Chance of Spawning than Spider Caves?
It makes Sense Cuz toad caves currently are better than Spider Caves
I would Suggest Spider caves have a 70% Chance of Spawning and Toad Caves having a Spawn chance of 30%
You mean during world gen?
 
Top Bottom