Sprites Toad Caves (Alternate Spider Nests)

That's some nifty splicework indeed! In my vastly inferior opinion, this shouldn't be an alternative to Spider Cave since underground has too much generic cave anyway. If you decide that it spawns with Spider Caves, perhaps it could have some colorful ultra-poisonous frogs like these Poison Dart Frogs as well?
Blue-poison.dart.frog.and.Yellow-banded.dart.frog.arp.jpg

Or don't they count because they're not toads? Otherwise, I like it. Toads and frogs are cute and Terraria has a severe lack of them. (Just the critter...)

That's some nifty splicework indeed! In my vastly inferior opinion, this shouldn't be an alternative to Spider Cave since underground has too much generic cave anyway. If you decide that it spawns with Spider Caves, perhaps it could have some colorful ultra-poisonous frogs like these Poison Dart Frogs as well?
feels more like a jungle thing to me

I never thought cobwebs in ice caverns made too much sense to be honest
Well, I didn't really mean that (I had limited time to write that, so it became poorly described). I rather meant: How would a Toad Cave spawn in the underground ice biome if it needs stone for the moss to grow? After all, Spider Caves only needs the back walls for it to count.

Well, I didn't really mean that (I had limited time to write that, so it became poorly described). I rather meant: How would a Toad Cave spawn in the underground ice biome if it needs stone for the moss to grow? After all, Spider Caves only needs the back walls for it to count.
ooooh, I guess I was thinking that the stone/mud would be part of the spawn, regardless of biome.

Great idea! But the armor really, really, really, really needs balancing :_:
30 Base Armor
1 Base summon + 10 armor
+2 from armor + 20 armor
Papyrus + 10 armor
Necromantic + 10 armor
Pygmy + 10 Armor
90 Armor
You could also abuse Tiki Armor (Summon max 8 Minions (1+4 from armor + 3 from acc) then switch to this armor for super defense)
If Abuse Tiki Armor, 30+80=110 Defense.... 55 Less Damage......

Super Defence Setup
Tiki Ab00se/Toad Armor - 30 Defense
8 Summons (Tiki Ab00se) - 80 Defense
Warding x 5 - 20 Defense
Frozen Turtle Shell - 30 Defense
Celestial Stone or Paladin Shield 4/6 Defense
Iron Skin - 8 Defense
Well Fed - 2 Defense
Endurance Potion - 10% Damage
Lifeforce Potion - +20% HP (100)
Total : 174/176 Defence, 87/88 Defense Reduced Below 25% HP, 62/64 Defense Normal HP
Enraged Duke does 150 Damage
10% Less
135, 64 less, 71 Damage per hit, 7 hits, 497 Damage, 103 HP left, FTS Activates, Now 56 Damage per hit, you can, 2 hits(Natural regen...?), dead.
Early HM Summoner armor should not be able to tank 9 enraged Fishron hits, this is also not counting kiting, healing potions, and other op buff potions, and effects from placed items.

30 Base Armor
1 Base summon + 10 armor
+2 from armor + 20 armor
Papyrus + 10 armor
Necromantic + 10 armor
Pygmy + 10 Armor
90 Armor
You could also abuse Tiki Armor (Summon max 8 Minions (1+4 from armor + 3 from acc) then switch to this armor for super defense)

Super Defence Setup
Warding x 5 - 20 Defense
Iron Skin - 8 Defense
Well Fed - 2 Defense
Total : 174/176 Defence, 87/88 Defense Reduced Below 25% HP, 62/64 Defense Normal HP
10% Less
135, 64 less, 71 Damage per hit, 7 hits, 497 Damage, 103 HP left, FTS Activates, Now 56 Damage per hit, you can, 2 hits(Natural regen...?), dead.
Early HM Summoner armor should not be able to tank 9 enraged Fishron hits, this is also not counting kiting, healing potions, and other op buff potions, and effects from placed items.
Sounds ok to me seeing how the armor is scaling and you don't have access to all of that from the start :dryadsmile:
How does the tiki abuse work though? Doesn't un-equipping and equipping something else de-spawn the minions that your current gear can not support? And if it's abuse -- isn't Toad armor ok based on the idea that exploits don't dictate the game or game balance?

A Start-HM Armor should not have more defense then beetle armor, in any cases, scaling or not, and this glitch is so well known basically every player uses it.
That's like saying "Don't worry, this copper scaling armor isn't op just because you can use it into hardmode because you can't get all the defense right away."
The insane amount of armor this set gives is dumb... and I just realized that just the HELMET gives this effect, which means you can also wear beetle armor with it... 206 defense
ic6a7.jpg

Last edited:
A Start-HM Armor should not have more defense then beetle armor, in any cases, scaling or not, and this glitch is so well known basically every player uses it.
That's like saying "Don't worry, this copper scaling armor isn't op just because you can use it into hardmode because you can't get all the defense right away."
The insane amount of armor this set gives is dumb... and I just realized that just the HELMET gives this effect, which means you can also wear beetle armor with it,
EAPfaEd.png

Well damn -- sorry, I don't have a PhD in Balance. I can adjust the numbers based on feedback, you just haven't presented any options. I won't balance around an exploit though -- even if it is so well known -- because doing so dictates that everything should additionally be balanced around exploits. And that's not fair for myself and others trying to create a semblance of balance based on the game as it's intended to be played.

30 Base Armor
1 Base summon + 10 armor
+2 from armor + 20 armor
Papyrus + 10 armor
Necromantic + 10 armor
Pygmy + 10 Armor
90 Armor

Super Defence Setup
Warding x 5 - 20 Defense
Iron Skin - 8 Defense
Well Fed - 2 Defense
10% Less
That’s not how tiki armor abuse works. By switching back from tiki armor, you lose any extra minions the armor would supply.
Either way, 10 is a bit high. Perhaps 5 would be a better number.

BTw, love this suggestion.

That’s not how tiki armor abuse works. By switching back from tiki armor, you lose any extra minions the armor would supply.
Either way, 10 is a bit high. Perhaps 5 would be a better number.

BTw, love this suggestion.
Maybe if the head piece bonus was the regeneration, and the set bonus was the minion def bonus -- that might also help reel in the balance of the set?

Holy Christ on a biscuit this a really well put together thread, plus Idea, I will support.

Just a reminder to keep the discussion civil guys and gals. While no rules have been broken yet, some of the above posts are bordering Disrespectful Content territory.

Ok! I tweaked a few things and extended the description of the Puss Staff. Mostly I just cleaned up the Toad Tongue sprite -- it took a while, but it was really bothering me.

Back
Top Bottom