Biomes & Nature [Tobbvald's Tinkering] Necronomitron and The Dungeon

This is a very cool Boss design and I love how the fight changes (As well as the Dungeon enemies) depending on what type of Dark Biome Your World has.

With 1.3 I'd actually like to see both Fishron and Golem be a gate to this boss (meaning both have to be defeated, to prevent an exploit of a player beating Fishron early Hardmode). Having this boss serve as the boss before fighting the Cultists sounds very good as well. It seems like having this boss be the last boss before the Lunar seems more appropriate from a story/lore perspective because it's like an important leader of the Cultists has been defeated which requires them to take action. Also to encourage more different visits to the Dungeon and to extend the game's length even more. And giving a new area of the Dungeon that can't be explored until the player fights this boss leaving the player to wonder what could be behind this locked area similar to the Jungle Temple.

You have my support!

When the traps were mentioned, I began thinking of how to make the traps a challange/threat to players of all tiers. Utilizing classic traps (such as dart traps) only have any real affect on somebody in the early game. In hardmode, by your second visit, you don't even care about the 1 damage the traps deal. If you are going to use traps, you could utilize an entity style "trap spawner", which would generate traps the same way as enemies; they spawn off-screen. An example of this spawning type is a flaming wheel. In the game code, the flaming wheel is an entity. If you used entity based trap spawning, you could spawn traps specific to a players progression in the game. For example, there are the three times you will visit this biome. The first time, pre-hardmode, the game will spawn easy traps (like the flaming wheel). Later in the game, the game will spawn more relevant traps then things that do 1 dmg, and actually pose a threat. Do you get the implications of what I'm saying?

when you defeat the boss, it could slowly fall to the ground, leaving a crater with a tile (Similar to the one in the jungle temple) that you use to re-summon it. (You would also need some sort of item)

I've made some cool HM traps because i had nothing better to do.

Mighty Hammer
Mushroom - Copy.png

-150 damage.
-Invincible.
-Spawns in brick walls.

Cursed Flamewheel, Ichor Ring, and Putrid Whirlwind
Mushroom.png

-80 damage.
-Inflict their debuffs.
-Invincible.
-Spawns in tiled walls.

Crude Turret
Placed_Tables.png

-100 damage.
-480 health.
-Shoots bullets at the player... And i guess the cage-lantern "gun" could move but i'm too lazy to sprite that.
-Spawns in slab walls.

Was it good?

Don't make the skull only be breakable with the picksaw, I use shroomite digging claws and many people use the laser drill or a luminite pickaxe, or even a D.C.U.

Don't make the skull only be breakable with the picksaw, I use shroomite digging claws and many people use the laser drill or a luminite pickaxe, or even a D.C.U.
laser drill has the same pick power as the picksaw and the lunar picks have higher
it wouldn't be a problem
and if he made it so that shroomite digging claws could mine it then a chlorophyte pickaxe could mine it which bumps it down like two or three tiers

This is a a great idea and a very fun looking fight! One small change you might make though is to make his eyes blue, like the dungeon spirits? I feel like it would fit a little better with the athstetic.

I hope this becomes a mod eventually, the Dungeon is too big and significant of a location to not have a second, late-game boss.

I hope this becomes a mod eventually, the Dungeon is too big and significant of a location to not have a second, late-game boss.
Tovlyn's suggestion(s) would be interesting to make into a mod with the various components though a lot more details might be needed to account for its counterparts The dungeon does feel lacking 1.4's changes felt kind of lacking trap wise... Summoners have little to gain except if they have the desert/ice keys and a whip. The water pits just have regular cavern monsters the cracked bricks are a pain in the :red: rather than dangerous as they don't break in a really dangerous way and the other traps are literally cavern traps.
whoops forgot to reply

Suggestion for this
Instead of just having 2 first phase periods it could spawn exposed (in 2nd phase) and then have its 1st phase's first at 75% health then doing a different evils phase 1 at 50% health then doing it a for the remaining evil at 25% health with the following orders

Blue Playthrough: Corrupt, Crimson, Contaigon
Red Playthrough: Crimson, Contaigon, Corruption
Green Playthrough: Contaigon, Corruption, Crimson

Back
Top Bottom