Biomes & Nature [Tobbvald's Tinkering] Necronomitron and The Dungeon

Yeah, they ruin everyone's plans.
Yep, if anything, we need to remove the potential for this happening as-is. Having any form of indestructible material at all can still result in some awkward situations with people cheating them into their or others' worlds. I think that I need to come up with a summoning-item for Necronomitron, since this would solve the problem with summoning him when the room is broken.

I actually consider making it an RNG-drop from the good ol' Palladin. Though this would seems counterproductive, in the end it will prove an even more solid reason than indestructible walls for the player not to break the Inner Chamber. -If you end up having to rely on this semi-rare drop, then you brought it upon yourself willingly.

As a small status-update on my threads; this thread will most likely be my next focus for completion, since it's currently kind of out-dated and has been left untouched for far too long. I may or may not have come up with a drop for the boss as well, so that could be a thing.

Yep, if anything, we need to remove the potential for this happening as-is. Having any form of indestructible material at all can still result in some awkward situations with people cheating them into their or others' worlds. I think that I need to come up with a summoning-item for Necronomitron, since this would solve the problem with summoning him when the room is broken.

I actually consider making it an RNG-drop from the good ol' Palladin. Though this would seems counterproductive, in the end it will prove an even more solid reason than indestructible walls for the player not to break the Inner Chamber. -If you end up having to rely on this semi-rare drop, then you brought it upon yourself willingly.

As a small status-update on my threads; this thread will most likely be my next focus for completion, since it's currently kind of out-dated and has been left untouched for far too long. I may or may not have come up with a drop for the boss as well, so that could be a thing.
It could be some sort of "gate", a furniture item, and that gate would spawn in the chamber after you defeat Necronomitron once. It could be mined, placed anywhere and then opened with a Chamber Key (which consumes the Key). This would summon Necronomitron. Also, there could be playthrough-specific gates (Green Gate, Pink Gate, Blue Gate), making it possible to summon different versions of Necronomitron in the same world.

I think the fight's music should be similar to this:
Not bad. I imagine it more like this:
Glad someone un-necroed this, since I wanted to get a discussion started again.

Though I currently have my hands full with school, I try putting some work into this thread every now and then, and I've got both some new enemy-designs as well as some traps done, though I'm looking for more, so if any of you all have ideas for smart traps that don't require block-generation, (as in, probably entity-based) then those suggestions are more than welcome!

It's okay. Our opinions are different, by the way.
Not that different really. We're both imagining badass boss themes, but I think it should be fairly similar to "boss 1" but much more dark and intense since that theme is the one used for Skeletron.

I do believe I mentioned this in the past, but you could have it so it just generates inactive versions of the traps in the Dungeon, connected with wire you can't break (let's say you need spectre wire cutters- combine regular wire cutters with ectoplasm, and then you can make a spectre wrench to put down that wire), and then the traps activate upon entering hardmode, enabling them to function. The alternative is to have them operate wirelessly, so instead of using wire, they activate when they'd be able to hit you. For instance, dart traps would fire when they have a clean line of sight to you and at least part of your hitbox is on the same level as the trap.

As for entity-based traps, I can imagine something along the same vein as what the Cyber uses could work. Some kind of mounted "turret" (obviously not a gatling gun in this case), perhaps even mounted on the backwalls, as well as replacing the existing Dungeon traps with more lethal versions.

A bone launcher maybe? that shoots projectiles similar to the ''bone arrows'' from the marrow? idk.
An idea. I was thinking more of something magical though, like some kind of orb attached to the walls that shoot various magic attacks at you based on their color. Stuff like beams, fireballs, lightning bolts, etc.

Not that different really. We're both imagining badass boss themes, but I think it should be fairly similar to "boss 1" but much more dark and intense since that theme is the one used for Skeletron.
Gothic remix* of Boss 1. There, problem solved.
*ie, composed mostly of organ and things like that

So we have to kill mobs with stats lesser than the dungeon guardian? And when you take too long to destroy it once it reaches it's second phase it will revert back to first phase?! TOO HARD
In all honesty, no support, too hardcore.

So we have to kill mobs with stats lesser than the dungeon guardian? And when you take too long to destroy it once it reaches it's second phase it will revert back to first phase?! TOO HARD
In all honesty, no support, too hardcore.

lolwut? In what way is it too hardcore? It's just a multi-phase boss with minions. You are reading way too much into the dungeon guardian part, they just have similiar AI. And it's not like its health resets after reverting to phase 1.

Edit: Plus, this is an entirely new tier, why wouldn't it be a difficult boss?

Probably when he gets the time to come up with ideas. He did mention having his hands full with school a few posts up.

I really enjoy this idea, the boss seems so cool looking. The different fighting style seems like it would make the fight seem more fun through repeated playthroughs (assuming I get all 3 evils).

I support this idea completely.

Back
Top Bottom