Biomes & Nature [Tobbvald's Tinkering] Necronomitron and The Dungeon

Hmm after looking over this after some long dungeon runs for rare paintings how about adding so more spectral aspects to the Boss? For me it feels like the dungeon spirits sort of tie everything down in the dungeon together so it would make sense for at least an aesthetic link between the two. (maybe Dungeon spirits could spiral into Necronomitron when summoned?

Overall its grown on me with time personally I still lean more towards invincible enemy traps but I approve!
Don't worry, I'm trying to make time for more editing of older parts now, and reimagining the traps for this is one of the points on my admittedly quite large and underprioritized agenda. Thanks for the tip regarding the boss, will start playing around with the sprite for a bit and see what I can come up with.

@Asdarms That's a really cool idea you linked. Considering that the Blue dungeon will be the only one where the skeletons will be wearing "Ancient Cobalt", (because that's what the palettes respond to), it doesn't make sense to find "Cobalt" / "Water" gear in say a Green Dungeon where enemies will be using "Ancient Mythril", as hinted to by the sprites I have suggested. I don't like the idea of ripping this guy off, but I'm not really agreeing with his take on it anyways. I'll try and make time to sprite some on this.

@Asdarms That's a really cool idea you linked. Considering that the Blue dungeon will be the only one where the skeletons will be wearing "Ancient Cobalt", (because that's what the palettes respond to), it doesn't make sense to find "Cobalt" / "Water" gear in say a Green Dungeon where enemies will be using "Ancient Mythril", as hinted to by the sprites I have suggested. I don't like the idea of ripping this guy off, but I'm not really agreeing with his take on it anyways. I'll try and make time to sprite some on this.
Aya! You don't have to do that, but it was just an idea I found.:happy:

I took the Necronomitron sprite and added about 1000% more eldritch horror. Opinions? Lack of sleep? Let me know.
7WtAQGt.png
5L9SWUp.png

Hmm, maybe add monsters for the 3rd visit? Not difficult ones, ones that will lead you to Necronomitron.

Also, have you got plans for treasure in 2nd/3rd visit?

Remember what I said earlier about the colors of the spreading biomes matching the colors of the hardmode ores? I just realized more similarities.
Cobalt and Palladium only have the color. Other than that, they aren't very similar to their biomes.
Orichalcum and Mythril are sort of similar. Orichalcum has the glowing pink, while Mythril has the same rough, a bit curly design as the covert's weapons and armor.
Adamantite and Titanium are quite similar to their biomes. Adamantite's main colors are white and red. Kind of like muscles. Titanium has the blue runes.
This all implies that the strongest ores have a lot of power lent to them by their respective biomes, while the weaker ones haven't taken a lot of power from the biomes.

This is AMAZING!!! I LOVE this! SUPPORT!!!
The Necronomitron's sprite is so terrifyingly awesome! Being late though, I would still like to see it's old sprite you had.
I like what you said about the blue armored bones being respective to the corruption so you made your contagion and crimson counterparts, but what about rusty armored bones and hell armored bones?

This is AMAZING!!! I LOVE this! SUPPORT!!!
The Necronomitron's sprite is so terrifyingly awesome! Being late though, I would still like to see it's old sprite you had.
I like what you said about the blue armored bones being respective to the corruption so you made your contagion and crimson counterparts, but what about rusty armored bones and hell armored bones?
Ah, the old sprites weren't that good, they were less unique, had regular bone color, and lacked that certain eeriness that the current ones posses.:dryadindifferent:

Glad you agree though, I always thought that the blue bones and angry bones looked out of place in dungeons not color-synced! And regarding the Hell and Rusty armored bones, Since they don't relate to any of the 3 evils I see no need to alter them, they work just fine as they are in my opinion.

Ah, the old sprites weren't that good, they were less unique, had regular bone color, and lacked that certain eeriness that the current ones posses.:dryadindifferent:

Glad you agree though, I always thought that the blue bones and angry bones looked out of place in dungeons not color-synced! And regarding the Hell and Rusty armored bones, Since they don't relate to any of the 3 evils I see no need to alter them, they work just fine as they are in my opinion.
Alright then Tobbvald, I guess you're right about the rusty & hell armored bones. Anyways, keep up the tinkering!

i have a question, or a suggestion sorta.
maybe the npcs can say something about breaking the skeleton missing its head. new players might not know that they should break the skeleton. so maybe npcs can say something like they do for Wall of Flesh.

i have a question, or a suggestion sorta.
maybe the npcs can say something about breaking the skeleton missing its head. new players might not know that they should break the skeleton. so maybe npcs can say something like they do for Wall of Flesh.
Yeah, but it wasn't there before, and by this point in time they should know a lot more about the game than back when they thought it was a MineCraft clone with indestructible trees.
EDIT: Maybe Tobbvald should have the skeleton really stand out, though. That might help a bit.

Yeah, but it wasn't there before, and by this point in time they should know a lot more about the game than back when they thought it was a MineCraft clone with indestructible trees.
EDIT: Maybe Tobbvald should have the skeleton really stand out, though. That might help a bit.
-Or maybe I'll redesign how Necronomitron is spawned, not entirely satisfied with the current way.

Okay, I have an idea for *some* of the traps in the hardmode dungeon. I am sure that someone has said this somewhere before, but, how about enhanced spike balls and flame wheels? Or just better spikes? Not too sure how to go about this, but those are some suggestions to perhaps help you.

Okay, I have an idea for *some* of the traps in the hardmode dungeon. I am sure that someone has said this somewhere before, but, how about enhanced spike balls and flame wheels? Or just better spikes? Not too sure how to go about this, but those are some suggestions to perhaps help you.
Though not acually brought up that's what I'm thinking too. That plus maybe some kind of turret-type that spawns randomly, I have yet to come up with an appearance or even a solid concept for it, but mechanicwise it would work. Then there is the idea of a portal that regularly spawns enemies, a trap with an actual HP which needs to be depleted for the portal to be destroyed. Other than that I haven't given this thread a lot of thought lately, my mind keeps wandering wherever it wants to when I try to finalize any of my threads. Dx

Question: Will this boss link something with the forces of Terraria?

Shadow and Light
Chaos and Order
Death and Life

(You'll count this out, but this could be a thing)
Fear and Bravery
(My suggestion I'm working on)

Question: Will this boss link something with the forces of Terraria?
Yes and no. The fight itself as you may have read is based on your previous encounters with the evil biome's boss. Other than that there would be none, because believe it or not, but I don't think there's any deeper connection between the Dungeons' inhabitants and the evils, they may actually worship the 3 evils or something, but I don't think they have any real part in it.

I view the Brotherhood(my own name for them, derived from banners found within) as the other neutral faction, sort of like an anti-force to the player, but still within the "Pure" allegiance. So them showing an allegiance for any specific biome other than the one presented as the primary one for that playthrough would be a bit out of place.

Back
Top Bottom