Biomes & Nature [Tobbvald's Tinkering] The Covert (Anti-Contagion)

I have a couple of suggestions... again...
I'm pretty sure you said you where already working on these, but I thought get my thoughts out anyway.
-
Covert Repeater
Co(n)verts :naughty: arrows fired into rapidly accelerating "(Arrow's Name)s" that pierce enemies, but after reaching a set distance attempt to return to the player like a boomerang and loose their ability to pierce.

Amber Bullets
These are weaker than crystal bullets, but stick to enemies/surfaces and explode into 2-3 projectiles that deal 120%(?) damage after 1.5(?) seconds.

Holy Arrow alt
Enemies killed by these spawn ghosts of themselves, that seek out and attack nearby enemies.
The ghosts would have no health stat, and would last 2(?) seconds.
The ghosts would have 125% increased movement speed and and deal 50%(?)of the arrow's damage.
No more than 3 ghosts could be spawned at a time.
Does not effect bosses. Does not effect segment enemies. Treats Body parts as their own mob (skeltron hand, etc)
-
Also perhaps a name for the PIckaxe Axe alt
Brita-Bronta
It sounds kinda silly, and doesn't really fit with the "ChainDrill", but apparently it means "Cut, Break" in Old Norse...... so yeah.

Last edited:
why not if it uses the arrow's damage?
Uhh.. Good point. My original thought was that they'd be to big, and cause lag, but thinking about it, the game already tends to spawn in multiple bosses and handle it relatively well. Rather the issue for these would probably be interaction with segment enemies.
Ill probably change the post to exclude segment enemies, and summon specific body parts (skeletron hand, head etc).

Hi , nice stuff .
your idea is nice . i wish your concept can be linked to a seasonnal biome . I mean each map generation we have a roll for corrupt or crimson and i hopes your contagion , and why we can have a roll for a season biome ? For rolling with ice biome already .
Ps : have you a sprite for your chest related biome ? i will make a tainted glass for support you .

As a heads up, in norse mythos, as I recall, the brook horse was called a kelpie, other than that, this thread is Amazing!

Oh my this is great... I love how the Autumnal Theme blends perfectly with The Norse Mythos, plus a spectacular format and great sprites... Only one word could define this. GODLY.

this ones great, still a magical fairytale forest(i know its not, its mythology, just shoehorning it so i can say something right now and flag this for replies) but the old "sooner or later everything is about blood" type stories not the new disneyified versions. (like how crimson relates to corruption) and it still feels good for the slot even if it was taken alone and worked the way alts already do.

but mostly i just like it. feel/look of it, enemies, items ect.

Last edited:
The art style on the will-o-the-wisp.
It doesnt have a terrariesque lighting.
Yeah some people like my sprites, some people don't. In the end the sprites are only there to provide inspiration for those reading.

But in my sprites' defense, the style of Terraria's sprite varies greatly anyways, and it's not like my sprites tip the scale in any particular direction. The more angled shading with the Will o' Wisp and the number of layers match pretty well with for example the Salamander, or maybe the Desert Spirit.

The art style on the will-o-the-wisp.
It doesnt have a terrariesque lighting.
oh, if thats all...(its just the specific sprites rather than the feel) then devs don't actually use suggestion sprites anyway(not even where the sprite is the whole thing like some of the deco items and were perfect/game quality mockups. ex imo the suggested sinks looked better than the dev's version and i planned on using tccl to fix that once it updates)
its more to better describe what they would look like. (both you and devs can see what his troll would be. pic worth 1k words of description) and attract supporters. (pretty suggestions get all the love, even though the sprites are the least important part functionally speaking. ex cyber hype or the "how to make suggestions" thing where bacon says it needs sprites)

Last edited:
its more to better describe what they would look like. (both you and devs can see what his troll would be. pic worth 1k words of description) and attract supporters. (pretty suggestions get all the love, even though the sprites are the least important part functionally speaking. ex cyber hype or the "how to make suggestions" thing where bacon says it needs sprites)
Yeah kind of funny actually. But it's more to it than just flashy looks, it helps the more casual reader to get a good idea of what you're talking about. Providing examples helps conveying the message. It's just that people often judge ideas based on how "good" these examples look rather than the illustrated concept itself.

Yeah kind of funny actually. But it's more to it than just flashy looks, it helps the more casual reader to get a good idea of what you're talking about. Providing examples helps conveying the message. It's just that people often judge ideas based on how "good" these examples look rather than the illustrated concept itself.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. But, people would rather see what you are talking about than imagine it. It's why lots of people don't read books, and would rather wait for the watered down movie ;-;

Edit: And then there's the fact that movies are generally only around 90~ now a days >.>

Awesome idea, with 1.3 I hope you make new alts for the Chik yoyo and the rainbow rod. If your suggestions were actually added into the game I think I'd die of excitement.

Back
Top Bottom