Biomes & Nature [Tobbvald's Tinkering] The Covert (Anti-Contagion)

I've been following this silently for a while; well before 1.3 was released. And I really, really hoped it was going to be in the game. I still do. I think the whole idea would fit in nicely as a Hallow alt, even for Crimson worlds if so desired. (I know the Cyber tends to be more popular, but I think the Covert fits in better.) To the point where in my main world, I partitioned off a part of the world, ready for Clentaminating in the hope a new biome was added. I ended up needing a new world anyway because of the underground desert. But I have partitioned off an area for it in my new world nonetheless.

I still hope the Covert or something like it will show up in a later update...

Awesome idea! Full support for this one. I swear i had a dream about this, literally! I was in Terraria (as if it was real life) and came across this biome with orange grass and leaves everywhere. Strange thing is, I had that dream before I saw this...

Again, holy crap. I love this. The autumn theme is amazing (I love fall), and personally I don't like the hallow. Its too happy, lol. It really annoys me. anyways, This is fantastic. Great sprites, great overall idea. I would love this in Terraria.

Full Support. :)

Great job at creating this biome. Support from me. Druidic forces of the forest that do not care about anything but to protect their forest and its inhabitants

Since you mentioned Cyber biome, now I think of three counterpart biomes. If we use an alignment system from D&D, then we'll have the following.

Corruption vs Hallow. Lawful Evil vs Chaotic Good(Hallowed biome is really chaotic, but is a force of good).

Crimson - pure chaos vs Cyber - pure order. Chaotic Evil vs Lawful Neutral.

Contagion vs Covert. Neutral Evil vs True Neutral.

I have some suggestions.

I think that Brook Horse should be less dark, since it looks like a zombie creature that belongs to the Corruption, not the Covert.

I think that is a bit strange that Will-o-the-wisp drops gel. Gel in Terraria is unique to slimes, with the exception of slimed zombie, which is a zombie with a slime on top. Maybe be there should be a variation of the Sap Slime, but without anyone riding it.

Maybe Ashen Desert should have some kind of an orange tint, since crimsand already looks like ash(with several red drops). It also would separate it with ash blocks.

This kind of greatness should have its own friendly NPCs. A Necromancer(moss covered zombie like man) for Contagion and a Druid for the Covert(he should look similar to Woodwarden).

EDIT: Stone obelisks with runic writing looks amazing. I think there should be a special wand that consumes stones and places stone obelisks with random runic patterns. It should be sold by Covert Druid

Last edited:
If you still have no idea what to do for new rainbow bricks, then maybe use this suggestion of:
Glowing Leaf bricks that have a yellow tint and fade between orange and lime green.

Another great thread, Tobbvald. If I looked the word 'incredible' up in a dictionary, it would show Tobbvald's Tinkering as a reference/example. Honestly, this is amazing and I love it and don't get me started on that lovely format. Bravo.
This is a full on Hallow replacement
[doublepost=1476156091,1476156037][/doublepost]Is it just me, but this should be added, but.. This is essentially Hallow but with a good crismon.

I call this the Crismon Hallow.

It has harder enemies, better loot, and superior what it seems.

What am I missing?

Why is there no talk of making a mod to implement this biome?

Or has that already been done somewhere am I was supposed to somehow already know?

Surely after 14 pages of responses and years later I'm not the first to think this hard enough to type it. :)

Back
Top Bottom