Biomes & Nature [Tobbvald's Tinkering] The Covert (Anti-Contagion)

Very nice I can't not approve love the use of mythology... it even makes the Cyber feel more at place with Terraria
However seems some items are still missing (like a phase blade equivalent probably could be any prehardmode weapon), tools armor stats I can only presume they will be coming in the future thus I can only wait for you to finish curious to see what some of your replacements will be for hallow items)

Very nice I can't not approve love the use of mythology... it even makes the Cyber feel more at place with Terraria
However seems some items are still missing (like a phase blade equivalent probably could be any prehardmode weapon), tools armor stats I can only presume they will be coming in the future thus I can only wait for you to finish curious to see what some of your replacements will be for hallow items)
Well spotted. This goes for most of my threads, I deliberately leave out some of the more "boring" things until I have either come up with something good enough to warrant an ad-on, or just piling it all up to a post-completion polish of everything once the entirety of Tobbvald's Tinkering is up.

I absolutely love this. I would prefer this over Hallow. The sprites are beautiful, the ideas are incredible and detailed. Just an idea, how about having a Covert NPC, an elder, possibly?

Originality: 4.5/5. Execution 5/5. Elaboration 4.5/5. Ideas 5/5. Artwork 4/5

mmhm, now you should also make alternatives for the mech bosses since they are technically made out of hallowed bars.
but as always, 9001% support

I absolutely love this. I would prefer this over Hallow. The sprites are beautiful, the ideas are incredible and detailed. Just an idea, how about having a Covert NPC, an elder, possibly?
But does the hallow have an NPC? :p remember its an alt biome so everything needs to be eequivalentto what the Hallow has...

But does the hallow have an NPC? :p remember its an alt biome so everything needs to be eequivalentto what the Hallow has...
That is true, and I was thinking about that. Never know if they might add a Hallow NPC though, might as well suggest it anyway. If not, then no NPC, but we'll see.

That is true, and I was thinking about that. Never know if they might add a Hallow NPC though, might as well suggest it anyway. If not, then no NPC, but we'll see.
Maybe something similarly to Daimera's idea of Abberant as a representant for Crimson and Abomiation as a spokesman for Corruption? Each spreading biome could have their own speaker that tries to sway you over to their side? (I may have to ask Dai for permission to do an applied TT on this :dryadnaughty:).

Maybe something similarly to Daimera's idea of Abberant as a representant for Crimson and Abomiation as a spokesman for Corruption? Each spreading biome could have their own speaker that tries to sway you over to their side? (I may have to ask Dai for permission to do an applied TT on this :dryadnaughty:).

I would love that! :eek: The cyborg could be for the Cyber!

Maybe something similarly to Daimera's idea of Abberant as a representant for Crimson and Abomiation as a spokesman for Corruption? Each spreading biome could have their own speaker that tries to sway you over to their side? (I
may have to ask Dai for permission to do an applied TT
on this :dryadnaughty:).
That sounds great. And once you're on their side you gain certain perks, possibly?

That sounds great. And once you're on their side you gain certain perks, possibly?
As far as Dai's suggestion went the only real perk as far as I recall was be the ability to fully move your base to the specified biome you sided with, meaning that the opposite would no longer be suitable housing. I need to think more about it though.

As far as Dai's suggestion went the only real perk as far as I recall was be the ability to fully move your base to the specified biome you sided with, meaning that the opposite would no longer be suitable housing. I need to
think more about it though.
Still seems like a great idea. And there's always room for more ideas.

I was going to like the idea until I noticed the lack of a mummy alts.. (and what zoomo said)
So plz make one and bright the biome up

I was going to like the idea until I noticed the lack of a mummy alts.. (and what zoomo said)
So plz make one and bright the biome up
Feels a bit drastic to dislike the entire thing just for that! :dryadnaughty:

But like I said, everything isn't fully in order yet, and probably won't be in order for a while. I just wonder what it is you see and I don't in the sprites, so far only you and Zoomo brought it up and I'm eager to correct it if I can see something is wrong so please do specify :dryadwink:. The biome is after all in Autumn, a time known for both being the grayest of the year and the most colorful, I tried going somewhere in between, more lenient to colorful. -And I wouldn't really call it dark, more like mysterious or strange, traits not necessarily dark.

I didn't say I disliked it though, I just didn't click the like button. . .
I only like alt stuff suggestions if they were completely complete and well thought (your's is well thought but not completely complete)

I didn't say I disliked it though, I just didn't click the like button. . .
I only like alt stuff suggestions if they were completely complete and well thought (your's is well thought but not completely complete)
Sorry to disapoint then! :dryadcry:

No but really, that will probably take a while, as with most my suggestions. I'm a procrastinator by nature, I like juggling as many projects as possible, and add to them only when I feel I have sufficient material to make it stand out as something special. But I can assure you, both Contagion and Covert will be done one day! :dryadwink:

HhvmOKR.png
wiDKZFd.png
fczrVc1.png

I tried playing around with colors a bit, would you guys say these would fit the biome better? I do, in comparison to the previous versions you can really see how gray they were. Gray undertones are more of a trademark for the evil biomes.

HhvmOKR.png
wiDKZFd.png
fczrVc1.png

I tried playing around with colors a bit, would you guys say these would fit the biome better? I do, in comparison to the previous versions you can really see how gray they were. Gray undertones are more of a trademark for the evil biomes.
Those look great, I'd probably use those instead. Great suggestion!

Hmm? I think it goes well with the theme of a forbidden place. Covert is a word corresponding with secret, hidden, obscured. As is the way its inhabitants wants it to be. I tried finding a more suitable word, and found none as fitting and descriptive as it.
What I was trying to say that, when a person says covert, they think more of those covert ops missions seen in movies rather than a secluded grove. I looked it up, and covert can also be a noun for a thicket for game animals to hide in, but i suppose that isn't the feel you're looking for.

I have to say, I was very excited for this, and I am very happy to know that excitement was not unwarranted. Like Szgamer, you never fail to impress.

And I have to go for the brighter leaves. It is a "light" evil, after all- a bit more brightness might help a bit. But other than that, it's a really nice idea.

Back
Top Bottom