Biomes & Nature [Tobbvald's Tinkering] The Covert (Anti-Contagion)

I am happy to see all these positive reactions. I'll be adding the new tree-textures after one final look at them later today.

Another almost-flawless suggestion from Tobbvald. Guess it's time for me to use my newbish support pixel art:

PZRjcci.png

Simply wonderful :D And I love the idea of the caverns being being once giant trees. It adds a majestic, mythical side to the supposed side of good. I fully support this. When are you going to add the ranged and magic headpieces?

I also love the name of the new sword, it is taken from an old, powerful weapon and it really suits its place in the Covert.

One thing with the 'Covert Repeater'... It just doesn't suit this autumn atmosphere and I suggest maybe... Lets make a new name, not just a 'Covert Longbow' or something like that. You should make it a bow to give it a better theme.

Last edited:
Simply wonderful :D And I love the idea of the caverns being being once giant trees. It adds a majestic, mythical side to the supposed side of good. I fully support this. When are you going to add the ranged and magic headpieces?

I also love the name of the new sword, it is taken from an old, powerful weapon and it really suits its place in the Covert.

One thing with the 'Covert Repeater'... It just doesn't suit this autumn atmosphere and I suggest maybe... Lets make a new name, not just a 'Covert Longbow' or something like that. You should make it a bow to give it a better theme.
I'll add the headpieces when I find inspiration to sprite them! -And well spotted. I'm not statisfied myself with the repeater at all. I do plan on replacing it with something less high-tech, or at least work a lot more on the sprite for it, since I can't seem to get the perspective right, that would be the first sprite in a while to elude me so.

-On a more general note, I have now updated the OP with more colorful sprites for the trees, we'll see if I find some other sprites to go through as well. I will NOT even touch the Minewarden though, that's by far my favorite in the entire suggestion, she just looks so ominous!:dryadeek:

And well spotted. I'm not statisfied myself with the repeater at all. I do plan on replacing it with something less high-tech, or at least work a lot more on the sprite for it, since I can't seem to get the perspective right, that would be the first sprite in a while to elude me so.
I would say to go with a bow as I feel it would be much more at home in a Nordic setting(I mean nothing says it has to be a repeater right?):D

I would say to go with a bow as I feel it would be much more at home in a Nordic setting(I mean nothing says it has to be a repeater right?):D
Well, given that it's an alternative, a repeater would be best to avoid comments regarding unequality. But as long as I come up with something nifty that won't be too similar to either the next tier up or down I should at least be able to add variety without downgrading some other weapon's value.

Well, given that it's an alternative, a repeater would be best to avoid comments regarding unequality. But as long as I come up with something nifty that won't be too similar to either the next tier up or down I should at least be able to add variety without downgrading some other weapon's value.
true I guess you could see it that way but don't they just need DPS to be similar? you are weapons mechanic wise are a significant departure from the norm so It wouldn't feel too out of place (especially if the Cyber was also added as it has some departure as well)

I just realized something. The twins use flames and lasers, so why do they drop earth runes? The destroyer seems more likely to drop that and fire seems more reasonable for them. I still love the concept and ideas, but that just confused me.

This needs to happen. THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. I can't wait to see your mecha biome! PLEASE tell me the trees are antennae of some sort!
Glad you like it! -But I have no plans on adding a mechanical biome, since I'm perfectly fine with Zoomo's The Cyber.
I just realized something. The twins use flames and lasers, so why do they drop earth runes? The destroyer seems more likely to drop that and fire seems more reasonable for them. I still love the concept and ideas, but that just confused me.
Well, I mostly went for earth as it was green and I was aiming to color-scheme them after the souls.

But if you guys instead would like me to rearrange them maybe I will after I have seen some more feedback on either solution.

Glad you like it! -But I have no plans on adding a mechanical biome, since I'm perfectly fine with Zoomo's The Cyber.

Well, I mostly went for earth as it was green and I was aiming to color-scheme them after the souls.

But if you guys instead would like me to rearrange them maybe I will after I have seen some more feedback on either solution.
I just noticed something. You guys used "C" names for your "good" biomes, although the currently existing one starts with H.

Perhaps you can call the "Covert" the "Hearthwood" instead, or "The Halcyon", something of that nature?

looking at the fish for the contagion I realized the fish here will probably will give a mix of survivability right? (going by the themes of the existing biomes)
As for the runes yeah the twins are probably the least suited for earth due to the enemy not being grounded at all (it instead focuses on high mobility...)
For the mechs looking at the how the elements fit each of them without looking at what has been used for other ones I'd say

Twins-1)Air(clearly already taken), 2)Fire(due to its unrelenting aggressive attacks with fire and light), 3)Water(here as its not the bosses opposite doesn't really fit either) Earth(polar opposite)
Destroyer-1)Earth(involves trapping the player on the ground and attacking from below slow and steady) 2)Water(Also involves flooding the battle field with probes and lasers) 3)Fire(lasers), 4)Air(no correlation its opposite)
Prime-1)Fire high aggression 2)earth defensive strong attacks 3)water?not really sure... 4)air? IDK...

In short I'd have given Twins(Fire) Destroyer (Water) Skeletron prime(Earth)
I don't know they really don't fit them well for the most part... The mechs aren't really "elemental"

I just noticed something. You guys used "C" names for your "good" biomes, although the currently existing one starts with H.

Perhaps you can call the "Covert" the "Hearthwood" instead, or "The Halcyon", something of that nature?
Orrrrr it could be correlated with the fact that all of the infections except for Hallow start with C.

Or, you know, no one could care. That's a completely valid option too.

Orrrrr it could be correlated with the fact that all of the infections except for Hallow start with C.

Or, you know, no one could care. That's a completely valid option too.
Indeed, that is as valid an option as that thing I said. I will make a mental note specifically for you to treat those options as every bit a worthy choice as the thing I suggested.

Last edited:
I love this because I love autumn and the theme that this place brings is amazing, but what if the brook horse dropped soothing child related? Like a bib or something.or what if he was a stationary enemy that had a puddle looking thing around him but fired a projectile or something? Just thoughts

Back
Top Bottom