Biomes & Nature [Tobbvald's Tinkering] The Covert (Anti-Contagion)

Armor -Covert Armor:
Z4Qvvkx.png

Similar stats as Hallowed, I haven't decided yet if it should have any special abilites.

I am not sure if this has been broached already...(too lazy to read all the replies) but what if the special abilities were transparency or perhaps it had the ability to dodge attacks. Not all mind you, I know there is a buff already that allows a player to dodge attacks...maybe this could dodge more than simply one attack? Just a thought. With transparency, it would simply make the enemy harder to detect you. The only way it could attack is if you like literally walked into it. Essentially, the enemy wouldn't be frothing at the mouth to get at you because it really couldn't see you. I am not sure if that would work for or against the player if they are farming enemies for certain items.

I would love all of this even more if there were a way to select it. Create a world, select the size, then have the following options, Evil Biome + Its Counter, Normal Ores, Hardmode Ores, and a selection on each to be random, if you don't care. The reason I didn't put Dungeon color is because of his amazing idea of "Necronomitron."

The trolls look kinda like the little person in your logo. I like it. :D

Although, I'm not sure if it would pair up well with the other biomes, but I'm not completely sure if I want to get rid of biome swapping, so I'm kinda stuck.

Hmmmm.....

The trolls look kinda like the little person in your logo. I like it. :D

Although, I'm not sure if it would pair up well with the other biomes, but I'm not completely sure if I want to get rid of biome swapping, so I'm kinda stuck.

Hmmmm.....
I think it would pair up just fine, it hardly is the one standing out the most *Ahem Cyber Ahem*. If anything it is riskily close to Hallow, but I do what I can to steer it away from that course. Not sure what you mean with biome swapping, please elaborate.

I would love all of this even more if there were a way to select it. Create a world, select the size, then have the following options, Evil Biome + Its Counter, Normal Ores, Hardmode Ores, and a selection on each to be random, if you don't care. The reason I didn't put Dungeon color is because of his amazing idea of "Necronomitron."
Yeah. Even if I aim to make all 3 possible combinations locked; as in you will always only have 3 different choices: Hallow/Corruption, Crimson/Cyber, and Contagion/Covert, 1/3 chance to get the world you want is a bit much. I agree that such an option to choose which type of worldly infection is present is a good idea, one that I will consider adding at the final part. -But the rest I feel is better off as random since you can always fish up crates or farm Silt to eliminate the ore-problem. It really is only the biome generation that needs to be simpler, the rest being random only enriches the gameplay.

I have now added the Ashen Mummy to The Covert and the Infected Mummy to The Contagion, be sure to check both out. By combining their rare drops with Runes Life and Runes of Death one will be able to make the Searing Clinker, described in the Gear and Loot-section of this thread.

Maybe in place of wraiths you could put in draugrs. Fenrer and the midgaurd serpent could be great bosses.

I think it would pair up just fine, it hardly is the one standing out the most *Ahem Cyber Ahem*. If anything it is riskily close to Hallow, but I do what I can to steer it away from that course. Not sure what you mean with biome swapping, please elaborate.

Yeah. Even if I aim to make all 3 possible combinations locked; as in you will always only have 3 different choices: Hallow/Corruption, Crimson/Cyber, and Contagion/Covert, 1/3 chance to get the world you want is a bit much. I agree that such an option to choose which type of worldly infection is present is a good idea, one that I will consider adding at the final part. -But the rest I feel is better off as random since you can always fish up crates or farm Silt to eliminate the ore-problem. It really is only the biome generation that needs to be simpler, the rest being random only enriches the gameplay.
Sorry if I didn't make myself too clear; I know that the Covert goes with the Contagion, Cyber and Crimson, and Hallow and Corruption. Anyway, since the early game ores don't matter too much, I guess the only thing I would like is your Evil biome (which also picks the conflicting "evil"), what side the Evil is on (so you don't have that Jungle that turned entirely into Crimson by the time you beat the Mechanical bosses), maybe the Hardmode ores, and of course, world size. If these options were to be implemented, then I would love to see your Contagion, Covert, and Zooma's (is that his name?) Cyber all added. Maybe even your Necronomitron, which I especially love because you had a sort of story backing it. Looking forward to seeing how this goes!

Norse mythology? As a Scandinavian, I love this. The trolls are fantastic, and that Minewarden looks very eerie. I like it. :)
Indeed! I don't think it would stick out too much from the rest, and it's suuuch a rich source of inspiration. Glad you like it!

Maybe frost giants and dark elves? Berserkers? The possibilities are endless!
Sadly no. There are no cross-biome enemies for Hallow, so there should be none for Covert either.
Just thought of something. What would be in the Covert Ice biome :p
I guess it would be orangey colored ice, probably frozen sap. The background would still be twilit, other than that there wouldn't really be much of a difference. Oh and the water of Covert is of course of a fairly thick orange tone, as if instead of water it was sap.

I thought an ancient forest would have extremely pure, deep blue water. Just a suggestion.
That is a good idea too, but since all other spreading biomes have their iconic color in the water I guess Covert must have as well. It would make sense though, since the ancient dying trees would probably drip a lot of sap even above ground.

Sadly no. There are no cross-biome enemies for Hallow, so there should be none for Covert either.

I guess it would be orangey colored ice, probably frozen sap. The background would still be twilit, other than that there wouldn't really be much of a difference. Oh and the water of Covert is of course of a fairly thick orange tone, as if instead of water it was sap.
I just found it a bit ironic due to the presence of vikings in the underground snow :p

I have now added the Ashen Mummy to The Covert and the Infected Mummy to The Contagion, be sure to check both out. By combining their rare drops with Runes Life and Runes of Death one will be able to make the Searing Clinker, described in the Gear and Loot-section of this thread.
How about instead of infected mummies, why not vorpid mummies?

I have an idea for the covert armor, armour?
Ok, so i sorta feel like hallowed and cyber armor are well... boring like they boast good stats among other things but they lack any particularly interesting abilities IE Chlorophyte, or the alt HM ore armors. So i propose a different set bonus ability for each class.
Also I think all the covert armor sets should boast higher defense than their counterparts at a hit to their more offensive stats.

Melee Set
Upon being struck 50% To knock the attacker back and chain them. Chained enemies would be locked in place in relation to you so they,d essentially be stuck in melee distance (or perhaps just slowed a significant amount) and would have the On Fire! and/or the Cursed Inferno debuff inflicted on them. The chains would disappear after 3(?) seconds or until the enemies death, and up to 5 enemies can be chained. A sort of grappling hook thing would extending to chained enemies resembling the Searing Clinker.

Magic set
After not being struck for 3 seconds you spawn an orbiting rune similar ,to The Horn Of War (or alternatively a leaf, to resemble the Autumn Gale), every 1(1.5?) second up to 10(5?). When these runes come into contact with an enemy the would do a small amount of damage, but they would send them flying by inflicting a massive amount of knock back and disappear.

Ranged set
Every time you are struck you have a 30%(?) to dodge and avoid all damage, when dodging it would produce cloud of the leave particle effect, grant you a movement speed buff and inflict the Onfire! and/or Cursed Inferno debuff on the enemy that would have hit you.

If you noticed i sort of based the abilities on the class weapons, but since the covert repeater does well, nothing I just wrote what i thought would be appropriate regardless.
Hmm maybe this should be a suggestion post instead of a comment....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom