Biomes & Nature [Tobbvald's Tinkering] The Covert (Anti-Contagion)

good suggestion, but lets compare the Holy Biomes with Unholy ones:

Holy: the Hallow (the Holy of Chaos and Light), the Cyber by @Zoomo (the Holy of Order), the Covert by you, @Tovlyn (the Holy of Fire and Nature), and the Blessing by me (the Holy of Gold and Gems)
Unholy: the Corruption (the unholy of Darkness), the Crimson (the unholy of Chaos), the Contagion by you @Tovlyn (the unholy of Moss and Zombies), and even the Curse by me (the unholy of Cursed Onyx)

wow this looks amazing, kind of wish i had these ideas for my autumn mod.

and sprites
but hey this is a amazing suggestion so you get another
hammer_of_approval_by_milt69466-d815i4s.gif

Last edited:
Honestly I'd rather have it be a standalone suggestion. Wheras we don't really need a third corrupt alternative (although I personally love your idea for it), we really want an alternative to the hallow.

Honestly I'd rather have it be a standalone suggestion. Wheras we don't really need a third corrupt alternative (although I personally love your idea for it), we really want an alternative to the hallow.
I think Tovlyn felt that @Zoomo ‘s Cyber suggestion was a better counterpart to the Crimson than the Covert. The Covert was made to be filled with life and rebirth themes, rather than combatting the chaotic themes of the Crimson.

I think Tovlyn felt that @Zoomo ‘s Cyber suggestion was a better counterpart to the Crimson than the Covert. The Covert was made to be filled with life and rebirth themes, rather than combatting the chaotic themes of the Crimson.

I think you could argue that the Crimson does have a life theme. It's the cancerous form of life and growth gone out of control. Mutation and deformation. Life twisted into a mockery of itself without any regulating factor. Viewed in that way, an aggressively archaic environment, life purified and tended to avoid all change, does sort of seem like an opposite. At least in the sense of being two sides of the same coin.

I heavily endorse this idea, it's very well fleshed out. A lot of effort put into it I can tell.

Also very few posts as of late, why? :(

I heavily endorse this idea, it's very well fleshed out. A lot of effort put into it I can tell.

Also very few posts as of late, why? :(

Well, this topic has been around for ages. Occasionally, someone new stumbles onto it, but in general people have already seen it and said all they had to say.

Well, this topic has been around for ages. Occasionally, someone new stumbles onto it, but in general people have already seen it and said all they had to say.
Maybe the forum isn't very active? I for one am new around here.

I think you could argue that the Crimson does have a life theme. It's the cancerous form of life and growth gone out of control. Mutation and deformation. Life twisted into a mockery of itself without any regulating factor. Viewed in that way, an aggressively archaic environment, life purified and tended to avoid all change, does sort of seem like an opposite. At least in the sense of being two sides of the same coin.
I accept that that does make sense, but what I mean is that Tovlyn made the covert to combat the contagion.

The cyber doesn't fit at all, It's just shoehorned in to make a random theme of order vs chaos when the crimson isn't about either. It's evil vs good, light vs dark. A hallow biome should, like the hallow, appear good while being unique. In the way that the crimson appears evil like the corruption and shares that theme. Cyber just isn't good, it doesn't flow with the game. Id rather have the covert or izzabelles Glade.

The cyber doesn't fit at all, It's just shoehorned in to make a random theme of order vs chaos when the crimson isn't about either. It's evil vs good, light vs dark. A hallow biome should, like the hallow, appear good while being unique. In the way that the crimson appears evil like the corruption and shares that theme. Cyber just isn't good, it doesn't flow with the game. Id rather have the covert or izzabelles Glade.
The covert isn't "good" either, OP even states in the introduction that all of these biomes are "evil".
The hallow and corruption aren't defined by good and evil, but by light and dark only. And while yes the hallow "appears good", but that is what a "light" theme is, it looks good, it thinks that it's good, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's good.
This viewpoint is also solidified by the hallow section in the official lore.

And about the cyber, while I think zoomo should've went with a more fitting design choice to his concept (the art is still great tho), I do still think the cyber is a great alt for the hallow, as the cyber thinks that it's doing good by forcing order upon the world, it's just that with the "order" theme the "it looks good/pure" part is replaced with "it looks perfect/organised" or something along those lines.

Though I'm also not entirely sold on the idea that the crimson is "chaos" themed.

The covert isn't "good" either, OP even states in the introduction that all of these biomes are "evil".
The hallow and corruption aren't defined by good and evil, but by light and dark only. And while yes the hallow "appears good", but that is what a "light" theme is, it looks good, it thinks that it's good, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's good.
This viewpoint is also solidified by the hallow section in the official lore.

And about the cyber, while I think zoomo should've went with a more fitting design choice to his concept (the art is still great tho), I do still think the cyber is a great alt for the hallow, as the cyber thinks that it's doing good by forcing order upon the world, it's just that with the "order" theme the "it looks good/pure" part is replaced with "it looks perfect/organised" or something along those lines.

Though I'm also not entirely sold on the idea that the crimson is "chaos" themed.

I'd still rather have it be standalone. If we got a hallow alt, I wouldn't want it restricted to an evil. The devs already showed they wouldn't take that road when they added the crimson. Variety is the spice of life.

And the cyber just doesn't fit with Terraria, anyways. It completely stands out as inorganic and thus it completely opposes the natural theme of Terraria. It's in the name, Terraria.

Wheras The Covert, Contagion, and Izzabelle's Glade all fit the natural theme, the Cyber is jus bland and alone.

I'd still rather have it be standalone. If we got a hallow alt, I wouldn't want it restricted to an evil. The devs already showed they wouldn't take that road when they added the crimson. Variety is the spice of life.

And the cyber just doesn't fit with Terraria, anyways. It completely stands out as inorganic and thus it completely opposes the natural theme of Terraria. It's in the name, Terraria.

Wheras The Covert, Contagion, and Izzabelle's Glade all fit the natural theme, the Cyber is jus bland and alone.
I agree that the developers' resolution for the game isn't to make everything follow the same unchanging template, but saying that the cyber doesn't fit Terraria for that reason is just untrue, we have invasions which all include advanced unorganic technology, like seriously there is a plant that drops a modern gun, I don't think it's fair rejecting the cyber for that reason.

Back
Top Bottom