Game Mechanics [Tobbvald's Tinkering] The Three Different Playthroughs (Ria)

Thank you! What is it you'd like to see improved with it?
Oh the sprite is just fine, I'm just not a huge fan of the bubble circles personally. Its just a pure aesthetic thing. Nothing that would prevent me from using the sword, but not really something I would put on a weapons rack. :p

I Was hoping for me to be able to combine the 3 evil or the 3 good swords together seperately because we all need the 3 evil TERROR blade

czLsqZ7.png

Hello everyone, I tried making a new version of Ria, this time trying to incorporate themes from all different blades, most importantly the Horseman's and Christmas ones, which lacked notable appearances in previous version. I also tried moving away a bit from the Excalibur-look in the process.

I dare say that I actually like this version more than the previous one, but I'd like you guys' opinions as well!

Definitely an improvement: the fuller of the blade especially. The previous version looked a bit like it was made of gummy rings.

The edge looks a bit eroded, however. You really do have a tough spriting challenge here, incorporating the essence of five different swords.

That's a neat looking sword you got there.;)
Also, did you ever notice that the biomes you made kind of match up with the hardmode ores?

Cobalt -- Corruption
Palladium -- Covert
Mythril -- Contagion
Orichalcum -- Hallow
Adamantite -- Crimson
Titanium -- Cyber

Last edited:
Definitely an improvement: the fuller of the blade especially. The previous version looked a bit like it was made of gummy rings.

The edge looks a bit eroded, however. You really do have a tough spriting challenge here, incorporating the essence of five different swords.
Glad you like it! -And yeah, given the magnitude of this sprite I can guarantee that this will not be final version. -It doesn't make it any less difficult that the swords have COMPLETELY different shapes, everything from repeated patterns to curved or none curved edges. The only thing I now consider final is the handle, which I don't think I can improve much further, the rest will most likely be altered eventually.

That's a neat looking sword you got there.;)
Also, did you ever notice that the biomes you made kind of match up with the hardmode ores?

Cobalt -- Corruption
Palladium -- Covert
Mythril -- Contagion
Orichalcum -- Hallow
Adamantite -- Crimson
Titanium -- Cyber
Yep! I heard that somewhere before, that may or may not have been you though. That's the kind of thing that makes my day, when my patterns fill themselves in for me.

czLsqZ7.png

Hello everyone, I tried making a new version of Ria, this time trying to incorporate themes from all different blades, most importantly the Horseman's and Christmas ones, which lacked notable appearances in previous version. I also tried moving away a bit from the Excalibur-look in the process.

I dare say that I actually like this version more than the previous one, but I'd like you guys' opinions as well!
Looks amazing!! I would happily make a dozen of them to decorate all my worlds :passionate:

Love the entire idea- I wish you much success and will enjoy the heck out of this idea if it ever comes to fruition! Keep that imaginative brain going~

I took a new stab at the Ria sprite. I think this is it, at least, very close to it.
t5o4iua.png

This version oncorporates themes from all 3 Terra- swords as well as a handle made from Christmas+Horseman's and the layer-structure from Christmas Sword, followed by the tip from the Horseman's modded into the tip of Terra Brand.

I took a new stab at the Ria sprite. I think this is it, at least, very close to it.
t5o4iua.png

This version oncorporates themes from all 3 Terra- swords as well as a handle made from Christmas+Horseman's and the layer-structure from Christmas Sword, followed by the tip from the Horseman's modded into the tip of Terra Brand.

I want this in my hands, I wish to wield this weapon as soon as humanely possible. >_>

Yep! I heard that somewhere before, that may or may not have been you though. That's the kind of thing that makes my day, when my patterns fill themselves in for me.
Yeah, that was me. Not to gloat or anything.
Anyway, the new Ria sprite is awesome especially v3.

Theres a problem with this, Once you get the first terra sword it just becomes a grindfest
Not really though? You shouldn't really go for Ria before having access to the Lihzard Calendar, making the grinding for Broken Hero Swords trivial compared to the spider set grind and the likes. How to actually make the off-world swords still isn't entirely settled, but I assure you that I don't intend for the most tedious of solutions to be chosen.

Considering that the only class with any real use for the Terra or True swords I wouldn't be surprised if most people had more than just the two on-world swords before the Terra crafting begins, they'll all be completely unique in their own way, some will most likely want to use several of them. This too helps with this grind, which to be honest doesn't feel that much bigger than any other grind, rather quite small in comparison to the Hardmode Dungeon farming or the Early Hardmode Grindfest. Terraria is after all a game about grinding, but this idea shouldn't be compared to the big ones. There will only be very little RNG involved after all, so after getting the last Hero Swords, (which you may have gotten at that point any way thanks to randomly occurring Eclipses), the rest should go quite easily.

t5o4iua.png

This sprite just keeps getting better every time I come to check the thread. :D

Back
Top Bottom