Game Mechanics [Tobbvald's Tinkering] The Three Different Playthroughs (Ria)

Something I felt was worth drawing attention to- if you look at the "glow" around True Excalibur and True Night's Edge, you'll notice that the two sides of it reflects the color scheme of the biome to blade represents- for Hallow there's light blue (the sky and grass) and pink (the primary color), and for Corruption there's lime green (cursed flames) and purple (pretty much everything else). As well, the Terra Blade sort-of reflects this as well (this might be a bit stretching it), as the blade is colored blue and lime green- the two left colors on both True blades.

Might be something worth keeping in mind.

EDIT: Also another thing, getting the evil swords might be hard or impossible to get in a single world due to the limited number of Muramasa's- there's no guarantee you'll get the three you need without going to another world.
As for Terra's color-sheme, I think it was mostly intended to have a cool shading maybe representing day and night, the green is clearly just to make it feel "Terraria-like". I managed to incorporate this with minimal effort to instead represent the blue playthrough, hence why the other two blades will be in a gradient from red to green/yellow, and faint green to green/yellow.

Regarding the true swords; The colors embedded in each true version are indeed the biome's imbuement/spell ingredient's color, whilst the evil swords have their biome-color incorporated as well into the edge itself. At least that's how I choose to view True Excalibur, since the crystals can be both blue or pink. It makes sense that it would have two different colors, even as a "good" true-sword due to the multi-colored nature of the biome itself.

About that last observation though- you got me. I really hadn't thought about that... This calls for a solution immediately! I'm guessing that either there could be an enemy in the easy-mode dungeon dropping them, but that would require either as a rare drop or a rare spawn, both of which surrenders the task to RNG.

-Or how about this:
crafting 15 souls of Fright (red) with a broken hero-sword for True Wrath of The Gods,
crafting 15 souls of Sight (green) with a broken hero sword for True Brink of Deformity,
crafting 15 sould of Might (blue) with a broken hero sword for True Night's Edge.
I think it would be the best alterantive. You'll need either Excal or Night to defeat the mechanical bosses, and after the mechanical bosses + Eclipse you can choose to make any true sword you like. The Souls should of course be replaceable with the alts.

-So instead of removing impurities in the process through recrafting you just bind the according essence with a broken hero sword and turn it into its purest form directly.

Last edited:
I updated the OP with a new sprite and name for Terra Brim, The Terra Surge! I also took the time and redid stats and properties for all 3 Terra-Swords! Check it out and give thoughts. The Cri/Cyb Terra-Sword will be redone as soon as zoomo and I have agreed on sprites for the Crimson-blade itself. If Ria will get a new sprite or not is undecided as of yet, but personally I feel it's unnecessary so far. Maybe the final redone sprite will shed some light on the prospect of making Ria a combined sword of all true-sword properties.

I would also like some thoughts on the suggested solution for the Muramasa-issue discussed right above on this page.

hmm I'd prefer to keep the mechanical bosses out of this they are already the source of Excalibur, adding more there is overkill.
There are already items that require multiple worlds Ria could just become one of those(or Muramasa priority could be increase so that if the dungeon has generated every item it would then try and generate 2 more Muramasa) This could make it so there would be one Ria per world and if you want more true swords then you will need a second world.

On the sprites Terra Surge is a major improvement! It actually feels like it has both Gram and The B o. D in it good work!

Well I figured I would add a comment a good way to handle the solutions would be to keep the current trend where she sells the solution when in the biome for hallow cyber and covert however the evil biomes would require something different perhaps

Killing of evil mech unlocks their sale on blood moons (as with the dryads seeds for other evil biomes) Then the only condition needed would be a way to get rotten chunks, vertebrae and (insert contagion drop here)

I'm thinking adding a scout for each alt evil biome that spawns on the outer reaches of the world in hardmode and when killed drop their biomes drop with 100% chance possibly multiples to make up for their rarity as an enemy.

Last edited:
I've now updated all 3 Terra-swords with new info and sprites+names for the 2 new ones yet again! Be sure to read through and provide feedback, since the idea won't get any better without. I will continue trying to come up with ideas for how to solve the issue with Muramasas.

I really like your idea of scouts, @Dragrath . It adds to the idea that Terraria worlds take place on different locations in the same world, rather than just plowing straight through replay-value like my ideas did. I'll consider it and make some sprites for it and then we'll see what happens.

I agree that making you have all 6 spreading biomes in the same world is a terrible, terrible idea and kills the replayability and experience of the game as a whole. Instead of adding more and more sidequests and seeing, and technically completing the entire game in a single world, better expand the game upward, don't you think?

Ria should be available with just one Terra-tiered sword. I'd also recommend to make it post-Necronomitron, to actually make it... endgame. If there's Ria, but then there's Necronomitron and The Lunar to conquer, then it defeats the point of THE endgame sword.

Other than that, Tobbvald's Tinkering is extremely good and impressive. Your work put into it is extraordinary. Congratulations.

hmm... how about using a small amount of cobalt to craft the Muramasa? Maybe it could be made with a katana and a few cobalt bars.
seems a bit weird first combat is a hard mode ore while Muramasa is prehardmode and more importunely not every world has combat sure you can go fishing and hope you get lucky with crates but it just wouldn't feel right...

I still feel modifying the existing algorithm that guarantees one item of each Dungeon chest to guarantee 3 Muramasa is the best option.

I've now updated all 3 Terra-swords with new info and sprites+names for the 2 new ones yet again! Be sure to read through and provide feedback, since the idea won't get any better without. I will continue trying to come up with ideas for how to solve the issue with Muramasas.

I really like your idea of scouts, @Dragrath . It adds to the idea that Terraria worlds take place on different locations in the same world, rather than just plowing straight through replay-value like my ideas did. I'll consider it and make some sprites for it and then we'll see what happens.
Glad you liked it felt that would make more sense and fit better with people's reactions than just putting both alts in the world. I also suggested that to Zoomo ;)

seems a bit weird first combat is a hard mode ore while Muramasa is prehardmode and more importunely not every world has combat sure you can go fishing and hope you get lucky with crates but it just wouldn't feel right...

I still feel modifying the existing algorithm that guarantees one item of each Dungeon chest to guarantee 3 Muramasa is the best option.
The idea to make it craftable came from a concept I had to make pre-hardmode chest items craftable, but only in hardmode so that most players will still get them from a chest first, while unlucky players can make them later if they couldn't find them. I guess it seems pointless though to make such a weak weapon that late in the game...

As for getting cobalt if you have palladium, I think one of the suggestions that allow players to exchange ores for their alternate should be implemented, seeing as Tobbvald supports the idea that alternates should still be obtainable with one world.

I defeated Duke Fishron before I did the Pumpkin/Frost Moon. I used the stuff I got from him to fight the Moons.
Otherwise, I totally support this idea! It's the most well-thought idea out there!

This is amazing. I really hope this gets added. My only dislike is Rias sprite, and its not even a major one. Amazing job.

Back
Top Bottom