Game Mechanics [Tobbvald's Tinkering] The Three Different Playthroughs (Ria)

This is gorgeous.
t5o4iua.png

I just love looking at it. Its intense and heavily decorated without quite being gaudy. Nice!
Thanks! I guess credit goes to trial and error, I have a whole folder crammed with the betas. Glad you like it!

So with Ria being for meleers and all, have you ever thought of ranger/magic paths? For the ranged path, most of the "evils" have their own gun/bow already, and while the "good" biomes only have repeaters, guns could easily be added. For the magic path, each biome has its own tome spell, so only the combinations would be necessary. Of course this would involve changing the Broken Hero's Sword into a more generic version (or one for each path, but that would soon turn into a battle with RNGesus) if the other paths would even use true versions.

I can't say the magic path would need true versions, mostly because I don't know what a True Golden Shower or True Miasmic Haze would look like, but I would imagine their combinations would be quite interesting. Imagine a Cursed Storm/Crystal Fire, or a Golden Beam/Arc Shower, or a Misasmic Glare/Aember Haze spell! I don't know if they should all combine in the end like Ria, but I'll leave that up to you.

Again with ranger, I don't know what a True End Render or True Undertaker would do (also, the Corruption really needs a themed gun rather than a musket). I guess I don't really know what the combinations would do either, since the "good" biomes don't have their own guns, but I'm sure they'd be very kewl.

Anyways, I love all your concepts and hope they find their way into 1.3 somehow!

The names of the Light + Dark swords kind of bother me.
The Cleaver is the only one to break the alliterative b's. The obvious solution is to name it something with a B, like Buster. (Or Breaker.)

However, I think that it would be cooler to rename one of the "B" swords to something with an "A." Specifically, I'd rename the "Terra Brand" to the "Terra Asverd." If I recall correctly, Asverd is Norwegian for "Sword." It fits the mythology of the Covert, and turns the swords into "A, B, C." :naughty:

I want this. So much. Necronomitron is the only part I the overarching suggestion I am skeptical about, but the rest just seems so perfect, so complete.

Somebody needs to mod this.

@The Hexagonal Donut came up with an idea that replaces Broken Hero Swords in this recipe, and has that feel of "infusing" essences into a sword, which is an idea that you put in here with the idea of adding souls to Broken Hero Swords- except here, it's adding magical shards to the Non-True versions of the swords. Perhaps you could add that as a crafting option in the OP.

Personally I don't like this suggestion as I think it asks of way too much farming (among many other reasons). However, these sprites are extremely good, and I'd like to know if I can have permission to use them in my upcoming mod when the time comes. Credit will be given, of course.

all items should be obtainable in a single world (among many other reasons).
To address this particular concern, Tobbvald has stated, I believe in his sword rebalancing thread, that the Dryad and Steampunker should sell all seeds and solutions in any world. Check it out.

To address this particular concern, Tobbvald has stated, I believe in his sword rebalancing thread, that the Dryad and Steampunker should sell all seeds and solutions in any world. Check it out.
I know, I quickly edited my post when I found the section about it in the original post.

In all honesty I am not the biggest fan of Ria, it is an issue of personal preference.

The thread itself is an excellent one, with both the artwork and concepts. It is a good enough thread that even though I'm not a fan of ria I'm willing to bring this back to people's attention. This deserves a necro post.

Back
Top Bottom