Portfolio/Multi-Topic Tobbvald's Tinkering

Tovlyn

Skeletron Prime
fPwkuhw.png

Introduction

Greetings. This is the home of Tobbvald's Tinkering, a conceptual and (hopefully) inspiring project for the developers of Terraria. The goal with each issue is to offer ideas on how to improve an element of the game, usually by tying together previously existing concepts and trends, more than often connecting with previous issues brought up. The reason it started out with a distinct tag was because I realized that the ideas were too closely knit to release them without a way to easily maneuver through the entirety, and since I lacked knowledge of the portfolio section it ended up as it did.

0cHjutS.png

The Mother of All Summaries For Lazy And Curious People

-Introduction of an individual "Night's Edge-like" sword for each evil.

-Introduction of a third corruption-alternative.

-The end result will be 3 different "playthroughs" with their own evil biome and counterpart, much more involving than it is now.

-Enhanced stats and behaviours of the Alternative evils to make them stand out more, yet not end up overshadowing each other.

-Modified Early- to Mid- Hardmode progression, made to be more interesting with more and new abilities.

-Each evil has it's own mechanical boss.

-Greatly enhanced difficulty-settings, complete freedom in choosing your challenge/doom.

-All threads have not yet been made, and more threads may be added, some will be reworked at some point as well.

-Ria, the combination of all three playthroughs ultimate swords.

-???

0cHjutS.png

The Link-Archive

hTPQoRb.png

The Contagion.
The Covert
3 Alternate Evils.
Sword Rebalancing.
Difficulty options.
Necronomitron.
Early Hardmode Progression.
RIA
ojPo4WI.png

sqJfJk9.png

? ? ?

My Art Thread.

0cHjutS.png

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned!

Last edited:
So which icons go with which suggestion?
Have you ever thought of making an image map that when you click on one of the icons, it takes you to that suggestion? I could do it.

So which icons go with which suggestion?
Have you ever thought of making an image map that when you click on one of the icons, it takes you to that suggestion? I could do it.
What icons are you referring to? The ones in my avatar are merely icons for the various anti-biomes, the big icon in my sig takes you here, where you can easily find all threads.

I can't help but notice you now have 6 sections in your circle, one of which eerily resembles the Cyber. Is that what I think it is?
Yes it is! It's basically just a circle with all the evils and their antibiomes. Problem is that the one opposite of Contagion doesn't exist, not even on a conceptual plane yet. My current thoughts goes somewhere along the line of The Jade though.

Why Jade? Why a precious stone? What does it have to do with Contagion?
Corruption x Hallow (opposites, one is pure the other is corrupt)
Crimson x Cyber (One is alive, the other is a machine)
Contagion x ??? (It needs to be the opposite of Contagion)

Why Jade? Why a precious stone? What does it have to do with Contagion?
Corruption x Hallow (opposites, one is pure the other is corrupt)
Crimson x Cyber (One is alive, the other is a machine)
Contagion x ??? (It needs to be the opposite of Contagion)
As I recall, DarthEnderX back on TO made the thread for the Jade, but the name doesn't refer to the precious stone rather than the color itself. I only stated that something similar could perhaps be an appropriate antibiome. But that was an old statement.

-I feel confident now to declare the goal of my next thread - That exact discussion; the antibiome of The Contagion, and I can tell you this much: It is not the Jade.

I can however give you a name, The Covert.

All of these suggestions could fit well in the game and I love every detail and sprite you have put into this suggestion compilation. Absolutely love it, well done. You've done a magnificent job on this, in all honesty.

As I recall, DarthEnderX back on TO made the thread for the Jade, but the name doesn't refer to the precious stone rather than the color itself. I only stated that something similar could perhaps be an appropriate antibiome. But that was an old statement.

-I feel confident now to declare the goal of my next thread - That exact discussion; the antibiome of The Contagion, and I can tell you this much: It is not the Jade.

I can however give you a name, The Covert.
Covert? What does that have to do with Living? Hallow is purity. Cyber is controlled. A name that spells the meaning is good. However, that's just my opinion.

Covert? What does that have to do with Living? Hallow is purity. Cyber is controlled. A name that spells the meaning is good. However, that's just my opinion.
But it does not have to do with living, and neither does Contagion have to do with death. It will all become clear once I'm finished working on it!

If the Covert has orange grass I'm all for it. Because orange grass is fun. (And we ARE approaching halloween...)

(Also, for the record, Hallow is light, Corruption is dark, Cyber is order, and Crimson is for the most part chaos. The last one can be explained by the huge variety of monsters in it that aren't entirely consistent with each other, and the chaotic cave systems contained within, versus Corruption's consistency in monsters and chasms.)

If the Covert has orange grass I'm all for it. Because orange grass is fun. (And we ARE approaching halloween...)

(Also, for the record, Hallow is light, Corruption is dark, Cyber is order, and Crimson is for the most part chaos. The last one can be explained by the huge variety of monsters in it that aren't entirely consistent with each other, and the chaotic cave systems contained within, versus Corruption's consistency in monsters and chasms.)
The Covert WILL in fact have orange grass!

-And good observations on your part, I realize now too what a perfect fit Chaos and Order is for Crimson and Cyber. But believe me, I have an equally good fit for Contagion and Covert. :dryadnaughty:

(I do however realize that with it, Hallow will be the only hardmode biome that does not start on "C" ) :dryadgrin:

The Covert WILL in fact have orange grass!

-And good observations on your part, I realize now too what a perfect fit Chaos and Order is for Crimson and Cyber. But believe me, I have an equally good fit for Contagion and Covert. :dryadnaughty:

(I do however realize that with it, Hallow will be the only hardmode biome that does not start on "C" ) :dryadgrin:
Domt you mean spreading biome?

Actually, as you will see in a couple of hours when it is posted, I did actually stick with Life and Death in the end, as it proved the most fitting, way to go! :dryadgrin:
Balances of Terra
Light and Shadow
Chaos and Order
Life and Death

Rich and Poor (oops, another suggestion peeped out of me :rolleyes:)

Back
Top Bottom