Weapons & Equip Toggle multipurpose tools - Pickaxe Axes, Hamaxes, etc.

ranmafan

Terrarian
I would like to propose tools with multiple functions have the ability to toggle between uses. Reasons for doing so:

1. Digging shafts with a Pickaxe Axe + smart cursor near various things such as player-built gemcorn (or even just aesthetic gardens) prioritizes trees over tiles, and may destroy a carefully cultivated tree.
2. Cutting down trees with a Hamaxe in places with background walls often ends up destroying the walls for the faster Hamaxes.
3. Destroying walls of rooms with a Hamaxe may accidentally chop down trees or other decorative functions (especially in greenhouses)

The issue is that most endgame tools are multipurpose with huge range bonuses, and their speed makes them very attractive. But their nature makes collateral damage almost guaranteed. By allowing us to toggle certain tools to serve only certain functions on demand, we can customize our building experience without losing speed, range and efficiency.

Thank you for considering this!

I believe there's an option to prioritise the blocks over the trees for Pickaxe-axes.
As for Hamaxes, I think that's why I prefer slower hamaxes or tools with just one function.

Back
Top Bottom