NPCs & Enemies Tomb Crawler spawn-rate should be heavily reduced

VenonUIO

Retinazer
As the title states, Tomb Crawler spawn-rates should get a nerf of incredible scale. They have by far the most ludicrous spawn-rate of all enemies in the game, and they make the Underground Desert not just unfun, but infuriating to explore. To elaborate, I regularly get 4-10 of them in quick succession spawning when trying to explore the Desert in any capacity, with one replacing the other instantaneously the moment the last Tomb Crawler dies. Tomb Crawlers are a tough, fast enemy that can freely phase through walls in a biome where you have virtually no room to manoeuvre, and where digging up causes sand to fall on top of you. Combined with the constant cactus balls and antlion brigades in every room, you aren't given a lot of opportunities to work against them.

I think their spawn-rate is far too high for no real reason. Every other worm enemy (Devourer, World Feeder, Giant Worm etc.) is infinitely less common to the point of nearly being a rare enemy while simultaneously being in biomes that are much easier to navigate. The Underground Desert is already one of the hardest biomes in the game, and the unreasonable Tomb Crawler spawn-rate could stand to be reduced.

Last edited:
Once you have a grappling hook, dodging them in larger rooms is usually not very difficult, and they can be dispatched with a single granade or so - assuming you're far enough to not get hurt, if possible.
They can be annoying, but their spawnate might be actually helpful regarding getting sturdy fossils. Since they have a very high chance to drop some, you can gather them quite fast, even if you didn't found an extractinator yet.

I think, antlions are more ridicolous, when you go to the room below, and there are 6-8 antlion chargers running around XD good thing granades are a thing. without them, early exploration of the underground desert is really very difficult.

edit: their hardmode counterparts though, the dune splicers are seriously dangerous at the start of hardmode, and makes it very difficult, if you try to do anything in the desert, such as purifying some of it. especially bad when paired up with djinns.
(and the fact that besides such like purification, there's barely any reasons to go down there in hardmode, since there's barely anything worth getting there, if you're not interested in those vanity stuff there.)

As the title states, Tomb Crawler spawn-rates should get a nerf of incredible scale. They have by far the most ludicrous spawn-rate of all enemies in the game, and they make the Underground Desert not just unfun, but infuriating to explore. To elaborate, I regularly get 4-10 of them in quick succession spawning when trying to explore the Desert in any capacity, with one replacing the other instantaneously the moment the last Tomb Crawler dies. Tomb Crawlers are a tough, fast enemy that can freely phase through walls in a biome where you have virtually no room to manoeuvre, and where digging up causes sand to fall on top of you. Combined with the constant cactus balls and antlion brigades in every room, you aren't given a lot of opportunities to work against them.

I think their spawn-rate is far too high for no real reason. Every other worm enemy (Devourer, World Feeder, Giant Worm etc.) is infinitely less common to the point of nearly being a rare enemy while simultaneously being in biomes that are much easier to navigate. The Underground Desert is already one of the hardest biomes in the game, and the unreasonable Tomb Crawler spawn-rate could stand to be reduced.
I can’t agree more. It’s especially annoying in expert/master mode playthroughs, having too many of these spawn gets way too aggravating.

I cannot agree more! Whilst I haven’t found too many on my Pre-Hardmode world, they are annoying to kill and can make exploring the Underground Desert rather… interesting, and not in a good way. I’m rather late Pre-Hardmode by now, but when I first went into the Underground Desert I did think to myself; these are spawning rather rapidly and move much quicker than other worms, should I be afraid?

The Underground Desert can be a challenge on a classic world, let alone expert or master. This is why I got Hellstone Armour first.

Back
Top Bottom