Texture Pack Tomes Rewritten

Would you be interested in more themed texture packs like this? (Like Swords Reforged/Guns Reloaded)

• No. This concept should remain with just this TP, no more.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DirgeofSwans

Retinazer
[Notice: This has finally been ported to the workshop! There might be more than just a port however...]
Yo, welcome to Tomes Rewritten!
TRIconBorder.png

Tomes rewritten is a simple texture pack that simply changes how the Spell Tomes look!
To be more specific, they have a new shape, and have been redesigned a little while mostly sticking to the vanilla look. Spell tomes that are designed similarly to other tomes have been redesigned too.

So, how do they look? Simple!
Tome Showcase.png

Looks nice, aye? Okay, but do they look compared to the originals in-game, you ask? I got that covered too!
TomeComparison.png

So, what about other weapons? Nah, those haven't been touched, just the spell tomes. If I did change other weapons, this texture pack would be rebranded! Mighty inconvenient.
Huge credit to Lostglaceon for taking the time to occasionally help support this pack!

Like what you see, and want these in-game? Well, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and install the pack!
Don't know how? Here's how to enable them! Let me know what you think!

Download .zip file here.
(Huge credit to Flashkirby99 for fixing this!)
Download Remastered .zip file here.
(Whoops, should have done this way earlier)
Download .xnb files here.
(Don't forget to read the document!)
Steam Workshop page (Classic).
(Exactly as it is here!)
Steam Workshop page (Remastered).
(That's right, I redid the pack with all my extra experience!)

...I'll be honest here. I never expected this small, quick project to get the support it did. All that really lead to me making this was just that I was iffy about the tome shapes.
In fact, the only reason I actually released this was because a couple of people wanted these as a texture pack, and I decided to roll with it.
Thank you for the support. Perhaps one day I may make more themed resprite packs. Perhaps ones like Swords Reforged, Guns Reloaded, who knows?
Only time will tell. Stay tuned for any future projects I may have.

Poll 1: Are the resprites good?
TRPoll1.png

I honestly didn't expect all the positive responses here. I didn't think this pack would get the attention it did, either.
---------------------------------------
1676535200561.png
Interesting... Your responses have been noted. Perhaps there may be more to come in the future.

Attachments

• Tomes_Rewritten_Remastered.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Ouh, these looks great!. I like how you can see the magic power glowing on pages within the Tomes :dryadpassionate:
and that "Cursed tome" with it's brown cover and green flame, that so fits "Fel Fire"/"Wild Fire" theme.

So, I saw this didn't have a v1.4 version yet and decided to make one myself. I threw together a quick icon for it, too! :dryadhappy:
I figured I would share it here, but I'll remove it if requested.

Attachments

• Tomes Rewritten.zip
    7 KB · Views: 501
So, I saw this didn't have a v1.4 version yet and decided to make one myself. I threw together a quick icon for it, too! :dryadhappy:
I figured I would share it here, but I'll remove it if requested.
Oh nice! I'll update it in a few moments, thanks for taking the time to update this little texture pack of mine!

I'm not sure if either you haven't gotten to it yet or not but i noticed the water bolt doesn't have a new texture.
i have looked at the texture pack and it looks like there should be a new texture but i've never made a texture pack before so i have no idea what to really do about

I'm not sure if either you haven't gotten to it yet or not but i noticed the water bolt doesn't have a new texture.
i have looked at the texture pack and it looks like there should be a new texture but i've never made a texture pack before so i have no idea what to really do about
I have noticed that a few textures are missing. Once I figure out what's going on, I'll be sure to fix the pack asap.

I tested it myself, it seems any pre-v1.2 spell books won't use the custom sprites for whatever reason. :dryadrolleyes:

It's not perfect, but for now I made a temporary solution for the problem...
A .xnb version!
Woooooo!

You see, back before v1.3 added texture pack support, the only way we could use custom textures was to replace the game's .xnb files. Since the texture issue will probably take a while to fix (and people would probably like to use these textures in any version), I converted the textures to .xnb format for people to use.

The file is attached below! :dryadhappy:

Attachments

• tomesrewritten_xnbversion.zip
    5 KB · Views: 301

Attachments

• Tomes_Rewritten.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 2,617
Nice little pack! @Lostglaceon the older sprites don't work because they have different dimensions, see this thread: Working as Designed - Items having to be the same image size as the original textures to work in Texture Packs

Anyway I wanted to try it out so I've fixed the dimensions and changed the dimensions of the icon to fit nicer in the 1.4 pack borders.

QyLqLE1.png

zPAtscZ.png

Kinda figured it was probable sprite size, I learned that was a problem from trying to edit the health bar UI (tried to make it more detailed, but could't do too much)! :dryadtongue:

Thanks for the help on that!

To be honest, given the positive reception this little experiment got, I'm tempted to make a full texture pack with this concept, all weapons resprited.
It'd be a tremendous project, but hoo boy. I'd be lying if I said the temptation wasn't there.

Back
Top Bottom