Game Mechanics Too Many Blood Moons & Solar Eclipses

Mike21Daisu

Terrarian
I'm seeing Solar Eclipses waaaaayyy too many times, it's very annoying, it's like 1/4 chance now, maybe not but it happens way too often, I don't mind it happening in a 'let's play' or until I defeat Golem or something, but in the end-game it's like... nothing more than an useless event that forces you to stay out of your base (NPCs), yes I get gold, yes I get items. I HAVE A STACK OF PLATINUM... I have every item in the game... plus the banners... well that's fine, I can put them in chest, just defeated my 1150th thingy majigy...

So, what I suggest is to leave this like it is, but after you defeat Golem make it so that the Solar Eclipse won't happen unless you summon it with the summoner that is dropped by the mobs in the Jungle Temple. I'm okay with Goblin Invasion, I'm okay with Pirate Invasion, I'm okay with Martian Madness, I can defeat these events in seconds, but the Blood Moon, well, it's not that annoying, Wraiths don't get in your home, or even the flying discs or something, Solar Eclipse is the problem, make it so it won't happen or will happen really rarely after the Golem is defeated.

Also, I'm suggesting to make an event: Full Moon, that's when the Warewolves spawn, like let us know when it's happening 'cause if you're underground you're gonna miss it, at least make it so it will say, "Full Moon is Happening" or something like that, like to let us know that it is happening.

Nah, solar eclipses are like 4% chance, besides, they give broken hero swords, and can be used to make Terra blade. Just leave the poor sun alone.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437159975,1437159905][/DOUBLEPOST]Wait u have all in game.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437160015][/DOUBLEPOST]Then maybe make a new player, try to get better at that guy. Done.

All events probably get annoying after a while. After a certain point, certain events shouldn't happen unless you summon them. So yeah, I totally agree.

Nah, solar eclipses are like 4% chance, besides, they give broken hero swords, and can be used to make Terra blade. Just leave the poor sun alone.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437159975,1437159905][/DOUBLEPOST]Wait u have all in game.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437160015][/DOUBLEPOST]Then maybe make a new player, try to get better at that guy. Done.
You see, there's now a way to summon Solar Eclipses using a solar tablet, which is extremely easy to make. That's why I support his idea. It removes the annoyance of having to deal with a fifteen minute event that contains annoyingly strong enemies that get in the way of what you were doing. After you get everything you could get from Solar Eclipses and don't care about their money, you don't want to deal with them.

Also, double posting is frowned upon, and triple posting even more so. Please take advantage of the edit button.

The solar eclipses us'ed to be 1 time battle, but now it's so often that it gets boring and players start to hate it.
Stop these solar eclipses!

Awesome thread! ~:D

So I have the same issue this is the first time it started for me I've beat the game many times and I'm on my 8th Play and right as I defeat my last mechanical boss I get a spam of solar eclipses and blood moons I have a 1/3 chance and I'm getting pretty pissed off. Thanks

Why can’t they just I dunno, DECREASE the chance past golem?
Plus, that sounds just you getting lucky/unlucky depending how you look at it.

Last edited:
Dude, you have one luck, though.
In my latest gameplays I had to manually trigger the solar eclipses because they weren't starting at all. Something that was quite regular were the blood moons.

For me it's the opposite, after I defeated the mechanical bosses I only got solar eclipses I didn't get a single blood moon. Terraria really needs to fix their spawn rates so you can experience each event a relatively equal amount of times.

Bump for 1.4. This needs to be addressed in an update. The mechanics for it when your world is post end game are annoying the chance for a blood moon should be reduced or there should be a way to eliminate them all together. This goes for Eclipses as well. All they serve now are an annoyance especially when you are working on a project. I just had a back to back blood moon solar eclipse while trying to build.

My suggestion is maybe have some sort of statue or structure that can toggle Eclipses or Blood moons to either let happen, or reduce the chances or eliminate them all together.

I've been trying to build something for the past 3 IRL days, but every single time I try to, I get back to back to back to back (etc.) Solar Eclipses and Blood Moons. I haven't even beaten Plantera yet, only the Mechanical Bosses. This isn't even mentioning the fact that I'm playing on Master Mode, so every enemy does about ~200 damage a hit. *sigh*
Anyways. This is the most amount of Solar Eclipses and Blood Moons that I've ever gotten in Terraria, in my over 2500 hours of playtime. I'm assuming the chances for these events have changed due to 1.4 somehow, (maybe I have too much luck?), and I especially know that this needs a fix. Maybe the chances for these events can go down exponentially once you defeat them, so they have a lower chance of happening but the chance is never zero? Something like that. All I know is that this is extremely annoying, and I'd love for it to get a fix in the next update.

I feel your pain. Currently playing an expert world and trying to fish for some of the cool rewards. The problem is i get a solar eclipse about 50% of the time and one time getting it 5 days in a row. Along with this im also getting the blood moon 50% of the time. I can confidently say that the old rates of 4% were changed as the chances of 5 in a row at 4% is like 1 in 10 million. The events wouldnt be quite as bad if you could sleep through it to speed up time but you can’t therefore fishing for the anglers quests take so much irl time.

Why can’t they just I dunno, DECREASE the chance past golem?
This, really. Past Golem most of us have all the rewards that the Eclipse can give, so at this point more Eclipses just tend to be a nuisance.
And since solar tablet fragments drop by the bucketloads, people can always spawn more Eclipses themselves.

I would love it if they made Eclipses freakishly rare past Golem.

Back
Top Bottom