tModLoader [Tool] The Terraria Seed Project

I like this mod, I recently discovered it, but I also discovered a bug alongside it, after defeating the WoF, breaking the altars, (In my case Demon Altars) they don't generate new ores, now the only thing I specify in the search is the ore generation, and I did check to see if it was tmodloader messing up, nope it's this mod.

Sorry for late response. Big thanks to Rofo and Cheeyev who helped out solving problem.

I'd really like to use this, but I can never get it to work. I only ever get this, or some variation of it. I've tried with the blank slate, I've tried with the presets on the mod, I've tried with my own custom preset, but I just can't really get it to make a world. I mean when I was choosing my own settings I was literally just changing the ores to the specific ones I wanted so that they don't look similar to any hardmodoe ones
Do you use other active mods? If yes, some dont work together with this mod. It was build for vanilla world gen (however it does work with some mods).
If no, could you do some screenshot (or the text file) of you current search? Not all values which can be selected are possible in world generation (in combination with other) or rare as hell.

I like this mod, I recently discovered it, but I also discovered a bug alongside it, after defeating the WoF, breaking the altars, (In my case Demon Altars) they don't generate new ores, now the only thing I specify in the search is the ore generation, and I did check to see if it was tmodloader messing up, nope it's this mod.
Are you sure about this? This mod does not change world generation (at least it should not) and it is only active during world generation. Do you have any other active mods? Does it generate if all other mods are active except of this mod?
The hardmode ores are also not part of the vanilla world generation. In vanilla the type of hardmode ore is decided (by random) at the first 3 times alters get destroyed. That means the 3 other typed cant be mined in this world.

Hello, I have been using this mod for ~4 months in my free time, and I have 3 things to say:
1) I love it. It's an amazing concept and it allows for some pretty interesting worlds and I have spend full days generating and checking worlds.
2) I found a bug. Sometimes, on seemingly random intervals, the mod seems to glitch and never start looking at seeds. I'll put in my settings, hit start, and then about 5 seconds later it will stop, always making no progress. However, this is fairly rare and has only happened 2-3 times in my memory.
3) I have a suggestion: I believe it would be cool if there was a setting for Jungle Size. I just personally like having a ridiculously massive jungle so I'd find it very helpful.
Overall, this might be one of, if not the, most interesting mod on the mod loader. Thank you for all of the hard work you've put into this. I find it to be not only extremely helpful, but a fun way to spend free time.
P.S. I found a world with all chest items, I don't know how rare or impressive that is but I found it pretty neat.

Hello, I have been using this mod for ~4 months in my free time, and I have 3 things to say:
1) I love it. It's an amazing concept and it allows for some pretty interesting worlds and I have spend full days generating and checking worlds.
2) I found a bug. Sometimes, on seemingly random intervals, the mod seems to glitch and never start looking at seeds. I'll put in my settings, hit start, and then about 5 seconds later it will stop, always making no progress. However, this is fairly rare and has only happened 2-3 times in my memory.
3) I have a suggestion: I believe it would be cool if there was a setting for Jungle Size. I just personally like having a ridiculously massive jungle so I'd find it very helpful.
Overall, this might be one of, if not the, most interesting mod on the mod loader. Thank you for all of the hard work you've put into this. I find it to be not only extremely helpful, but a fun way to spend free time.
P.S. I found a world with all chest items, I don't know how rare or impressive that is but I found it pretty neat.
Try not the bees, its ALL jungle or beehive

Nice to hear.

Not 100% sure if it is your described bug but unfortunately some worlds seeds dont work at all (in 1.3.5.x). If the mod does freeze at a certain seed in almost all cases the game will also freeze/crash in vanilla Terraria 1.3.5.x for the same seed.
As far as I know they fixed those issues in 1.4. Without changing the source code of the world generation I see no way to fix this for the old version.
If this mod stop searching independent of the starting seed there might be some issue with this mod but sometimes also the configuration can make some trouble. If it is not a certain seed could you please post your search configuration here (picture or stored text file).

I thought something like this already existst but couldn't find it right now. I added it to TODO list. Will be part of one of the next updates. Ty for the hint.
However I don't think I will update the mod before tmodloader is ready for 1.4.x. So may take some time.

It depends on the world size. I already got many large worlds, some medium worlds but so far not a single small world.
Unfortunately it also doesn't mean the world always have all chest items at each generation. Sometimes a world generates slightly different at the same PC. It's also possible another user at another PC can't generate the same version. The Tmodloader and vanilla generations also not always 100% equal.
I also may missed to check for some (common/weak) chest items.
If you found a medium or even a small worlds seed which truly has all possible chests items on every generation on each PC it would be very rare.
So far I think I got only one medium world like this (currently no access to my stored worlds (vacation)).

Oh man the world gen changed a lot in 1,4+ . I cannot find any map with more than 2 pyramids now! Can wait for this to be updated to 1.4.1.2

Oh man the world gen changed a lot in 1,4+ . I cannot find any map with more than 2 pyramids now! Can wait for this to be updated to 1.4.1.2
They changed the pyramid placement with 1.4. If I understand it correctly (in 1.4.1.2) the max number of pyramids is 2 (small world), 3 (medium), 4 (large)
;(

I only play on medium, and I have never seen 3 pyramids, nor have I seen anyone else have more than 2 pyramids, regardless of world size, since the 1.4 update

Can you PLEASE fix the thing where searching certain seeds just freezes the search process? It doesn't always freeze on the same seed, only on the same seed with the search settings. For example, it didn't freeze on seed 2 when I was looking for pyramids, but it ALWAYS freezes on seed 2 when my only search option is dungeon color=blue.

Also, you missed umbrella in the item search filters.

Can you PLEASE fix the thing where searching certain seeds just freezes the search process? It doesn't always freeze on the same seed, only on the same seed with the search settings. For example, it didn't freeze on seed 2 when I was looking for pyramids, but it ALWAYS freezes on seed 2 when my only search option is dungeon color=blue.

Also, you missed umbrella in the item search filters.
Hi, thanks for bug posting.
However I could not reproduce it
freeze means the mod stops working at all right?
Because it can also happen no seed can be found. (is there a clicking sound? can you stop the search?)
Is 'dungeon color=blue' really the only option set? Maybe dungeon side and/or Hallow biome side as well?
(in 1.3.5.3) Blue dungeon worlds always have their hallow biome to the right side.
A world with a blue dungeon to the right and hardmode hallow biome to the left don't exist.

Another reason could be other active mods which change world generation? Any active?

Some seeds freeze world generation in vanilla Terraria 1.3.5.3. This mod can't do much about it. I did prevent it for some cases. But other can't be fixed without changing world gen itself.
But the seed 2 should work.

If all didn't work out could you give some more information?
easiest might be some screenshot during the freeze

----------
Didn't thought someone is looking for umbrella's :)
Don't think I will do some update. Nothing much else to add or a lot of work. Not worth it. Since 1.4 not many people use it anymore (me included :) ).
But I added the umbrella to the ToDo list.
If there is an update and I did not add it remind my again pls.

How does this work with 1.4? Can this work/be downloaded with Steam T-modloader? Is there a way to arrange specific biomes in an arranged order from the spawn point?

I just really want this world so so bad.

Large

Corruption

Master

Pink Dungeon

4 Pyramids (with multiple chambers) + 1 oasis bare minimum

Corruption between spawn and antlion nest

Big snow biome next to spawn

Living Trees + Loot

Last edited:
How does this work with 1.4? Can this work/be downloaded with Steam T-modloader? Is there a way to arrange specific biomes in an arranged order from the spawn point?
You can download it with Steam T-modloader but T-modloader is not yet fully upgraded to 1.4+.
It will only produce 1.3.5.2 world generation. This mod can not change that. It can also only produce old world generation.
You can not arrange biomes in an arranged order. The mod does not work like that. It doesn't change how a world is generated.
Nonetheless you can search for a world seed which has a (possible) biome arrangement of your desire.
Rare arrangements can take some time searching.
(To be correct: you can not explicitly search for an arrangement of biomes instead just for stuff like distances from each single biome to spawn/mid, at which side and many more. But combining those conditions can result in some biome arrangement you would like to have)

After they updated T-modloader I need to update this mod as well because many stuff changed in world generation. This will take some time as well. I'm also not sure if I have enough free time left over to implement all of those current features any time soon.

About your wished world features:
+ 4 Pyramids - Now thats the max number of Pyramids at large worlds - seeds can't be preselected that well anymore - may take some search time
+ Corruption between spawn and antlion nest - A large world has 4 Corruption biomes. They can be at the same location. If you want all 4 there thats quite rare.
+ snow biome next to spawn - As far as I know the snow biome can't be very close to spawn anymore, especially for large worlds.

So it could be something like
Ocean Dungeon Antlion 4xCorruption Snow Spawn Jungle Ocean
Ocean Dungeon Snow Spawn 4xCorruption Antlion Jungle Ocean
Ocean Dungeon Snow Spawn Jungle 4xCorruption Antlion Ocean
...and 4 Pyramids

Haven't done much experiments with large worlds but it should be possible. However it should be very rare.
Assuming there will be a 1.4+ version of this mod with all current features then you also probably will be able to find such a world with it.
It may only take some days of searching a suitable seed.

Just thought of something. When this mod is rebuilt for 1.4, could you add an option to apply "secret seed" generation to any seed? By default, inputting a secret seed always generates a random world; there's no way to remake the same world twice.

Back
Top Bottom