tModLoader [Tool] The Terraria Seed Project

I’ll be honest I take breaks from the generator at day and allow it to search at night- Thus I can still play with other mods while I await for the update...I just note the seed I stopped at and I continued later... usually 100,000 seeds search each time at night -

Guess I can change a few things- guess the entire 200000 lot won’t have it...- even with 2 terrarias open (however that won’t stop me from not trying). I then decided to see how many chests spawn in each world size( Note: this is an average from 5 of each type of size):

*also I don’t know why I chose the best ores- that legit brings the factor down as you said- but I want to find a good seed for newer players*

Small: 8.4 ice chests
Small:9.6 jungle chests(ivy)

Medium:18 ice chests
Medium:15.6 jungle chests(ivy)

Large:33 ice chests
Large:44 jungle chests

I saw that most of the time the chests doubled each world size, but with small sometimes not containing even common structures like mahogany trees. This means that larger worlds have a higher chance of spawning those items but at a cost for them being dispersed further. Also I don’t think that large worlds for single player are that good because it kinda takes a while to locate items... But nether the less I’ll try it after that 2000000 medium worlds- Currently on 468,234 and 1,546,291. However I heard larger worlds have some troubles with the generator, and after doing a test it takes a lot longer to process but yeah- works like a lava charm . Anyhow thanks for the response to my many questions...
Plax
Do new player care about the dungeon or moon color?

Seaweed 2% chance, Fish 4%. With your chest count above should be 27% and 52% fish, so 14% total. Sounds ok.

Ye, chances are high large worlds take even longer to find it.

Btw, do you have
Evil tiles for jungle/ice:0
in negative list and not positive?
If in positive it searches for seed which have evil tiles there (or 0).
If placed in negative the seed gets a negative point if there is any evil tile there.

I’ll be honest I take breaks from the generator at day and allow it to search at night- Thus I can still play with other mods while I await for the update...I just note the seed I stopped at and I continued later... usually 100,000 seeds search each time at night -
You should be able to test more with higher pyramids possible value. I hope you changed it.

EDIT: Did some test. I only insert your phase 3 conditions. It only took two seed until I found one :)
EDIT2: That was a lucky one. 50 seeds more and not hit again
EDIT3: Now, 100 more I got a 2nd.
EDIT4: Now, 60 more I got 5 more...very luck dependent.. in total i gout 7 out of 170

Last edited:
:)That’s nice to know
[doublepost=1548496472,1548496428][/doublepost]Also evil tiles for ice and jungle are set to 0
[doublepost=1548496612][/doublepost]And yeah I’m gonna change the pyramid factor to at least 2... I’ll start again too... in total about 12 seeds passed phase 2... so I was getting close
[doublepost=1548496726][/doublepost]Also I’ll change the moon and dungeon to random

Also evil tiles for ice and jungle are set to 0
And in negative list?
Should look like this:
upload_2019-1-26_15-32-13.png

Yep no need to worry... I’ll be searching soon, maybe to increase the odds I’ll leave the ores at random and just search for seeds with higher pyramid integers. Guess I’ll try to locate a seed with most rares. Most newbies don’t notice the ore differences either but I cannot stand the thought that some seeds don’t even have ice skates. Anyhow I’ll start the search soon, thanks bro I can finally understand how to use this beauty ( I still remember the first time I used this I was so confused)

Alright well I removed all ores to random and dungeon type to random... however I kept the location of hallow strip the same. Changed pyramid chance to 4 and place those two jungle and ice evil tiles in the negative at the amount 0. Phew... well much more seeds are passing phase 1 at least. Also two terrarias open and I’ll be reporting seeds with those features... Thanks Unftf for your constant support. This is also a test to see how many chests on average spawn in 100 worlds so I can calculate the exact chance of those items occurring.

#Maybe the next update could add an ice crate (that would decrease the search time a lot) and more seeds would become viable for me.

Did some small update v0.3.2.1:
  • new rares: Green Pyramid, Surface Detonator and lonely Jungle tree + neg.
  • Temple distances from last update
  • Ocean Pyramid
  • Tree (close) to cavern layer (near mid)
  • Pathlength to Detonator
  • Pathlength into cavern layer
  • Chest count of (nearly) each type
  • Added way to omit a group of rares: "Omit bad rare" and "Omit more common rare" and combined
  • by default you omit them all now
  • added missing chest only items for all chest items condition: web slinger and shadow chest items

#Maybe the next update could add an ice crate (that would decrease the search time a lot) and more seeds would become viable for me.
I added the different chest types. If you like you can do some statistics about it.
I also added some missing chest items which can't be created or fished: web slinger and shadow chest items. But each world should have those.

Last edited:
Wait but by shadow chest you meant shadow key? Or shadow chest items such as a dark lance, flamelash,flower of fire, sunfury and hellwing bow?

Wait but by shadow chest you meant shadow key? Or shadow chest items such as a dark lance, flamelash,flower of fire, sunfury and hellwing bow?
shadow chest items. As far as I remember you get at least one of each by default. But in case for some very rare (impossible?) reason you have less then 5 shadow chest I added this.
Btw you can also edit your posts :)

Thanks for the editing tip... However I am still searching for a seed to apply for my other settings... Since the removal of the best ore types and colour of dungeon the chances of it passing phase one are much higher( I still left the hallow side the same) Upon locating them I’ll be editing this post to show which ones have applied:
[doublepost=1548596655,1548596549][/doublepost]Maybe one day I’ll be searching for a seed that has all uncraftable/unfishable items... for a recent test I did showed that 0/2000 seeds passed that final phase.

[doublepost=1548596655,1548596549][/doublepost]Maybe one day I’ll be searching for a seed that has all uncraftable/unfishable items... for a recent test I did showed that 0/2000 seeds passed that final phase.
And how many passed phase 1/2?
Even most of the conditions you set up aren't that rare by themselves but combining them really rare. It's like tossing 25 coins with all heads up.

Only 7 passed phase 1... but I believe it was because I set the pyramid possible integer to 0. I think that more would have passed phase 2 if I set the number to maybe 4–5.
[doublepost=1548659801,1548659732][/doublepost]Not 7 passed phase 1, about 63 passed that phase. About 7 passed phase 2 and none passed 3

Thanks for the editing tip... However I am still searching for a seed to apply for my other settings... Since the removal of the best ore types and colour of dungeon the chances of it passing phase one are much higher( I still left the hallow side the same) Upon locating them I’ll be editing this post to show which ones have applied:
I found one! It has green dungeon and moon but only copper, silver, gold (and tin). It has all items but Pyramid Mask (and 25 Paintings).
Seed is 1383263103 medium, crimson, expert

### Phase 2 ###
Pyramid Bottle: 1
Pyramid Carpet: 1
Tree Chest Loom: 1
Water Bolt: 1
Bone Welder: 1
Alchemy Table: 1
neg. Evil Tiles for Ice: 0
neg. Evil Tiles for Jungle Grass: 0

### Phase 3 ###
Enchanted Sword: 1
Cloud Sky Mill: 1
Sharpening Station: 1
Living Mahogany Wand: 1
Band of Regeneration: 1
Blizzard in a Bottle: 1
Honey Dispenser: 1
Lava Charm: 1
Water Walking Boots: 1
Fish Pet: 1
Seaweed Pet: 1
Ice Machine: 1
Ice Skates: 1
Shoe Spikes: 1
Flower Boots: 1
upload_2019-2-10_17-45-13.png

Edit: Sadly hardmode evil biome will spawn at jungle side.

Last edited:
Thanks mate- sorry I was busy with life and yeah... anyways now I can continue playing on that world. I’ll still continue to search though and I cannot wait to show you a few of my seeds.

I decided to start to use that experimental feature of yours... I set it to 110 for medium for the Pyramid ‘thing’ but will it work?

I decided to start to use that experimental feature of yours... I set it to 110 for medium for the Pyramid ‘thing’ but will it work?
Seeds with a higher value of that experimental thing will have a higher amount of sand spots placed (110 is max value for medium) and with this also the amount of possible pyramid spots increases and with this the pyramid count. Or at least it should. Out of one test with small worlds the amount for finding worlds with 4 pyramid spots seems to be equal (but not the chance). For higher spot count it will find more with boost active. So the higher the amount of pyramids you are looking for the better the boost value is. In test it found in same time 15% more seeds with 2 pyramids and 33% more than with 3 pyramids (80 vs 92 and 6 vs 8). Equal amount of 1 pyramid and 9% more with 0 pyramids.
So out of current results it only has some minor effect for a pyramid count of 2. It can find seeds with high pyramid spot values a little faster (with >= 4 spot, small world 6% more worlds generated, checking this boost value is a way faster than checking this pyramid spot count). So it has no huge impact for 2 pyramids. You can also go for lower value without big change for your case (neither in search speed nor results). If you go for value 30 or higher each seed will have 2 living trees and max bee hives. For 50 max marble, 60 max granite biomes. And 400 has max lakes on surface. But all of those only increase the max count, due to other world gen steps some of those biome can get overwritten again. Its like those pyramid spots. You can only be sure what will not happen. E.g. If a seed only has a boost value of 25 (or less) it has no chance of having 2 living trees. (if you select 25 in mod it will also take those with higher value, so some have 2 tress and some not)

Some bad news: The seed I shared above (1383263103,med,crim,exp ) will generate his hardmode evil biome at jungle side :(

It’s cool as long as the hard mode crimson doesn’t insect into the jungle fully... I just fear the intersection like the many times I play terraria because the amount of times that always happened to me is not a joke. Anyhow I’m still playing on the seed and searching for another one with all of the features. Thanks for the note though at least I can prepare. The experimental feature works fine though... It has given the chance of finding pyramids much easier. Thanks for the updates.

Actually, I’m gonna push the limits. I shall try the small world option too since you’ve already uncovered the medium size option seed.

Last edited:
It’s cool as long as the hard mode crimson doesn’t insect into the jungle fully...
Did some small test. Couldn't be much worse :(
Actually, I’m gonna push the limits. I shall try the small world option too since you’ve already uncovered the medium size option seed.
That's rare as hell. I included it to my normal search (small worlds, expert) and haven't found any since a week. I got some with fish and seaweed pet but they always miss some other items so far.
Best you add something else interesting to this search to find anything.

Whelp,
small world seed didn't work... However I have finally located a large world seed with EVERYTHING (APART FROM PAINTING) that I really wanted...
Sadly there is a single crimson patch in the ice biome but overall this seed appears great:D.
I cannot wait till I can start my proper playthrough on this world and I'd like to thank you lots for this mod, It has really helped my but this doesn't stop me from searching for rarer anomalies
It features:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-NO CRIMSON IN JUNGLE(THERE IS ONE NEAR THE JUNGLE'S OCEAN THOUGH)
-5 pyramids
-All pyramid items
-all uncraftable items(apart from painting)
-Both seaweed pet and fish pet
-Flower boots, Fiberglass rod, Ice skates, Living tree with chest loom, Lava charm, Water boots, 2 enchanted sword shrines+ 1 ocean enchanted sword, Staff or regrowth, Blizzard in bottle+ many more
-Dungeon Farm spots( whatever the hell - Pun intended - those are- I believe it where all the walls intersect)
-Very easily accessible snow/jungle biome
-No hardmode crimson on jungle side
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment upload_2019-2-26_17-44-7.png

The seed is:1961992969
Map: Crimson, Large, Expert (may work on normal)
Well I'm going looting, thanks Unftf and I hope you can get back to me soon.
:p:p:p.

Back
Top Bottom