tModLoader [Tool] The Terraria Seed Project

Whelp,
small world seed didn't work... However I have finally located a large world seed with EVERYTHING (APART FROM PAINTING) that I really wanted...
Nice! But be careful because of vanilla world gen bugs. It can happen that the t-mod-loader version produces a slightly different world than vanilla. Or it can also change if you generated some other worlds before. If you want to be sure that also vanilla world gen works you can generate a world file with it, copy it to tmod-loader world folder. After this you can use a (beta) feature of my mod to analyse the vanilla world. To do this enter the file name of the world as world name, including ".wld", e.g. MyWorld.wld
As seed enter "?" (without quotes) after this it will analyze the world file. For a large world that can take some time. Currently there is no loading bar while doing this. Just wait until done. After this it will generate a image of the world and a stats file. You can checkout values and e.g. missing items there.

Sadly there is a single crimson patch in the ice biome but overall this seed appears great:D.
I cannot wait till I can start my proper playthrough on this world and I'd like to thank you lots for this mod, It has really helped my but this doesn't stop me from searching for rarer anomalies
It features:

-NO CRIMSON IN JUNGLE(THERE IS ONE NEAR THE JUNGLE'S OCEAN THOUGH)
to prohibit this you can use "Nearest Evil left Ocean", "Nearest Evil right Ocean" in positive list. E.g. if set to 100 evil biome need to be at least 100 blocks away from beach (they are quite old, next update will have jungle and dungeon beach). As alternative you can use "Has evil Ocean", "Has evil Dungeon Ocean" or "Has evil Jungle Ocean" in negative list. If set to 0 it will now allow evil sand tiles at beach.
If you don't want any evil at jungle side you can use 'Evil only one side' in positive list of phase 2. If set to 1 all evil biome (except that from hardmode) need to be at one side. You may use this together with no evil tiles for jungle.

-5 pyramids
medium or large world? So far no 5 pyramids for small world detected.

-All pyramid items
-all uncraftable items(apart from painting)
-Both seaweed pet and fish pet
-Flower boots, Fiberglass rod, Ice skates, Living tree with chest loom, Lava charm, Water boots, 2 enchanted sword shrines+ 1 ocean enchanted sword, Staff or regrowth, Blizzard in bottle+ many more
"All chest items you can't craft or fish" contain all except enchanted swords you wrote above. Why you need an ocean enchanted sword? And what is that? Just an ES located near to ocean? You need 2 shrines? or one shrine and another ES without shrine is fine too?

-Dungeon Farm spots( whatever the hell - Pun intended - those are- I believe it where all the walls intersect)
mod contains "Dungeon farm spot 3Wall inters." and "Dungeon farm spot 3Wall in line" and if you don't care "Dungeon farm spot" which counts both.
3Wall inters. counts spots where all 3 wall types at one spot. 3Wall in line if all 3 in a horizontal line, which fits on screen. They are quite rare. Maybe I set them up too strict. If you save the minmap the they are in dark cyan other in light cyan.

-Very easily accessible snow/jungle biome
You can use "Jungle biome distance to mid" and "Snow biome distance to mid" in negative list or "neg. Jungle biome distance to mid" and "neg. Snow biome distance to mid" in positive list of phase 2. Those conditions which start with "neg." are a little tricky. neg. means negative. E.g. if you set up "neg. Jungle biome distance to mid: -500" in positive list the jungle need to be closer than 500 blocks. E.g. in case it has only a diff of 400 then the value "neg. Jungle biome distance to mid" would be -400 and -400 is greater than -500 and with this the condition in positive list is true.

Nice... I shall load it up in vanilla soon and see if anything’s missing-also it’s a large world
Update is out. You can use Nearest Evil Dungeon Ocean", "Nearest Evil Jungle Ocean".
Also pyramid prediction works much better now.

Woohoo ... better pyramid prediction means higher chances of finding a seed that has accurate pyramid location/placement.
Hmm... Also I still haven’t checked the seed just yet as I’ve already stored 2 good ones... then I’ll check using a map tool

Woohoo ... better pyramid prediction means higher chances of finding a seed that has accurate pyramid location/placement.
With option 'pyramid spots possible' you can predict the upper bound of possible pyramids. If you select e.g. 2 there all seeds get skipped which have no chance to get 2 pyramids later on. Those possible spots can get overwritten by later world gen. In former version the percentage of overestimating was much higher than now, especially for high counts. The update reduces the upper bound by spots in ocean or very close together. With this e.g. 4 spots for small worlds are quite rare now. In former version very fast. Saves a lot of search time if you look for pyramids.

So I've tried to make sense of this, but I think I'm confusing myself. I want to make a medium world where the corruption/crimson are spawned on the opposite side of the jungle in both normal and hard mode. I've set a few settings the way I think they work.

Code:
### Phase 1 ###
Hallow biome side: Jungle side

### Phase 2 ###
+VVVVVVV positive if >= VVVVVVV+
Evil only one side: 1
neg. Evil Tiles for Jungle Grass: -45000

Does this give me what I'm looking for?
Hi, that's close to a solution but will not work as you like to.
This "neg." can get a little tricky, its short form for negative. It was added to have ">=" for all conditions. Image your seed has 40,000 evil biome tiles which can effect jungle grass. The negative of this would be -40,000. This value is a larger number than your set up -45,000 and so the seed would get accepted. Your stats file shows the value 94, the negative value would be -94 which is again much greater than -45,000. Also if not on purpose those two conditions in Phase 2 are set up in different positive lists. That means only one of those need to be true to get accepted. With this you also accept seeds which have all their evil biome right on top of jungle biome.
In total you accept all seeds (which passed Phase1) which have either all evil biomes at one side or 45,000 or less evil biome tiles which can effect jungle grass. I'm not sure if such a bad jungle can exist (values over 10,000 are rare). So in short you would accept all seeds in Phase 2.

How to fix:
Jungle Grass is only part of Jungle biome. If you want no intersection with evil biome it's safe to set "
neg. Evil Tiles for Jungle Grass" to 0. That means if any evil tile exists which has the chance to turn a jungle grass block to evil the seed don't get accepted. If some tiles allowed you can set it to e.g. -10. With -10 ten or less evil tiles which can effect Jungle grass are allowed.
(Mud can also exist outside of Jungle setting up "neg. Evil Tiles for Mud" to 0 might be too strict.)

Except you also want to accept seeds which have their evil biomes on top of jungle biome as long there are only at one side those two positive lists need to be combined in one.
Could look like this:
Code:
### Phase 2 ###
neg. Evil Tiles for Jungle Grass: 0

This will accept seeds which don't have evil biome close to jungle and all evil biomes at one side. In rare cases all evil biomes can also be at jungle side of world without a jungle intersection. To cancel that you can use another condition named "Nearest Evil Jungle Ocean". This condition checks how many blocks from jungle ocean to first evil biome tile. It counts starting from ocean-water-to-beach-sand intersections. So it need to be little smaller than half world size to guarantee no evil biome at jungle side. Medium world has a size of 6400 blocks ->/2->-ocean->~3000 blocks or in case a ocean is very long only 2900.

So for medium worlds in could look like:
Code:
### Phase 2 ###
neg. Evil Tiles for Jungle Grass: 0
Nearest Evil Jungle Ocean: 2900
There might be some very rare case were this still not enough. But for simplification just
Code:
### Phase 2 ###
Nearest Evil Jungle Ocean: 2900
should work. This only accept seeds which have their closest evil biome tile near to mid or at dungeon side. There might be some problems if you spawn in jungle or no ocean exists or is very long.

Last edited:
Hey, I face what it seems like something that's "should NOT be": have latest tModLoader v0.10.1.5 + latest Seed Mod (0.4.2.3 as of now) installed via Mod Browser, Win7 x64 OS. When I try ANY predefined config (cycled via green "+") as is - nothing happens, i.e. for configs with 10k seeds to look through mod finds nothing within 2-3 secs, for extremely rare config same happens within 30-40 secs. Before that I played with Seed Mod like a year ago (July 2018) with latest version at that point - all was great, today I use same laptop / Steam & Terraria setup.

Any ideas what may be the case? lastStats is attached, ready to provide any other logs / whatever else as per request, I'm QA with 11+ years of exp so I know a little about testing and bugs =) Anyways, ANY help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• lastStats.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 143
Hey, I face what it seems like something that's "should NOT be": have latest tModLoader v0.10.1.5 + latest Seed Mod (0.4.2.3 as of now) installed via Mod Browser, Win7 x64 OS. When I try ANY predefined config (cycled via green "+") as is - nothing happens, i.e. for configs with 10k seeds to look through mod finds nothing within 2-3 secs, for extremely rare config same happens within 30-40 secs. Before that I played with Seed Mod like a year ago (July 2018) with latest version at that point - all was great, today I use same laptop / Steam & Terraria setup.

Any ideas what may be the case? lastStats is attached, ready to provide any other logs / whatever else as per request, I'm QA with 11+ years of exp so I know a little about testing and bugs =) Anyways, ANY help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
Hey thanks for bug reporting. Something went wrong with last update. The mod was literally broken. Made an update to fix it. Sorry for all of those who had some problems with it.

I'm QA with 11+ years of exp so I know a little about testing and bugs =)
Any feature you miss at this mod?

For people who can'T update for any reason, some work around:
In Phase 1: a value called 'Boost (experimental)'. The bug happen if this is the standard value of 10. Change it to any else (e.g. 11) and it should work again.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for bug reporting. Something went wrong with last update
No problem, glad that helped and thanks for fast turnaround! Thumbs up!

Any feature you miss at this mod?
Well............ hard to say, to be honest! =) I do NOT consider myself as a very demanding user, certainly NOT "gimme all in one world with all paintings" guy - I just have some very definite set of personal prefs and playstyle after 1.4k+ hrs in the game and 3 fully finished expert playthroughs on Vanilla (don't feel like using mods... YET) - so all I need from the mod is to give it couple of hours AFK and generate me couple of dozens of maps - some for stuff (like water walking boots), some for digging, some for spelunking, etc. - and it DOES this nice & sweet! I absolutely don't mind generating an extra world just for the sake of grabbing that seaweed pet and deleting it immediately afterwards, y'know =)

Anyways, it's been a YEAR since my last terrarun, and I feel like I'm fine to have some more fun - so yeah, I'll be... actually AM using mod right now for the above reasons. To be honest, even a year ago it was all the way satisfying for my humble tastes, though I must admit a LOT more detailed settings (up to individual items check) is definitely a great thing for many terrarians. And yeah, it IS working waaaaaaay faster, for the same hardware it now takes pretty much 20-30 mins to go through 100k seeds with very similar settings - while a year ago it took like overnight time. Well done buddy, keep up the great job - for me it's surely a GREAT way to replay Terra with absolutely customizable "Difficulty Level" and no obvious cheats! :D

BUT, if I do encounter anything I'd like to make better OR any bugs - you may fairly expect to hear from me no problem. Have a good one!

how the hell do i save a phase 2 seed when it has not reached phase 3?
A seed which passed phase 2 but not phase 3?
At top there are the option to save a minimap picture and a stats file of the world generated. You can select there 'For each in phase 3', for mimmap picture also 'For each in phase 3 + item info'.
That means it stores this for every seed reached phase, independent if it passes the phase 3 conditions or not.
Item info means it also shows the location of (some) items which might be important, heart crystals, chests, altars and many more.
Those files are generated in your normal world folder. Here some image:
1575925876529.png
Constructing such an minmap image (independent of +item info or not) will take some time. In case this happen very often you might do better only storing the stats file. The stats file is a normal text file with a lot of information about the seed in it. Those can be used to adjust and tweak your search conditions.

Or did you mean a seed which only passed phase 1 and not phase 2?
Currently there is no way for storing those. You could only add conditions in phase 2 where every seed can pass.
Why you need this? What are you searching for?

First, I love this mod and a huge THANK YOU for all the time you've saved me generating worlds. I'm too picky for my own good.

I've combed through the thread just to make sure someone else hasn't requested this, forgive me if I accidentally glossed over it!
Could there possibly be a way to have it check which backgrounds the world generates with? Maybe in multiple biomes?
For example, my favourite forest background is the one with floating islands.
niPtdmn.jpg
For the desert background, I like the one with giant dried bones.
For the snow, I like the huge glacier or frozen trees, and dislike the pine tree background.
You can probably see where I'm going with this. :dryadpassionate:

For now I'm stuck combing through all my passing worlds, to see if I get the correct combination of backgrounds.
(Though you've still saved me SO much time.)

I just wanted to toss this suggestion in! <3

I've combed through the thread just to make sure someone else hasn't requested this, forgive me if I accidentally glossed over it!
Could there possibly be a way to have it check which backgrounds the world generates with? Maybe in multiple biomes?
It is possible. Its determined very early in world generation (phase 1). But those are a lot of different BG. Alone trees and snow biome have each 5 different backgrounds for each world seed. Some style combinations work, some not. It's very tedious to implement :(
That would be over 10 new options for phase 1. That would be too packed if I insert them all. I need to change the design for phase 1 first (like phase 2 and 3). But I also want to do that for 2&3. And maybe something basic changes with update 1.4. So I think it is not worth doing this before next update.
Sorry for not adding it now but I added it to the ToDo list. High chance I will do it at some point.

-------
Not what you asked for but you can already change the first and 2nd underground/cavern background wall (small has 2, medium 3, large has 4 of them but currently only 1 and 2 work)
For this add those lines in Phase 1 in one of your config files:
cave background 1 =: -1
cave background 2 =: -1

-1 is random and can be changed to type 0-8 (if I remember correct)

-----
Edit: You can also change the background type with Tedit (at least someone told me)
Another way is with TerraCustom. There you can select the same seed and change it as you like.

Last edited:
loving the options here but i question weather or not this overwrites mod functions like Both Ores/Evils as this mod does not have these as possible options or if the mods in question have priority

loving the options here but i question weather or not this overwrites mod functions like Both Ores/Evils as this mod does not have these as possible options or if the mods in question have priority

Think you missed the basic concept of this mod.
This mod attempts to not interfere with world Generation at all, instead just evaluate the results to discard seeds that don't match criteria as early as possible.

Mods that allow "both ores/evils" are on the opposite end, they inject them selves into the generation process to cause impossible things to happen.
Which means some of them may be compatible with this mod, some may not, It also means that assumptions that this mod makes.
E.g. Probibility that hallow on same side as Jungle because of Dungeon color, may no longer be accurate because the world is generated with different rules than the vanilla rules.

Think you missed the basic concept of this mod.
This mod attempts to not interfere with world Generation at all, instead just evaluate the results to discard seeds that don't match criteria as early as possible.

Mods that allow "both ores/evils" are on the opposite end, they inject them selves into the generation process to cause impossible things to happen.
Which means some of them may be compatible with this mod, some may not, It also means that assumptions that this mod makes.
E.g. Probibility that hallow on same side as Jungle because of Dungeon color, may no longer be accurate because the world is generated with different rules than the vanilla rules.
im new to Terraria so this just happened to be the latest mod i found so i wasnt entirely clear on all of that
i mean it makes sense - but i wasnt sure if it does or not - as im still in the middle of playing on the map - and i am really enjoying it btw

Last edited:
I'd really like to use this, but I can never get it to work. I only ever get this, or some variation of it. I've tried with the blank slate, I've tried with the presets on the mod, I've tried with my own custom preset, but I just can't really get it to make a world. I mean when I was choosing my own settings I was literally just changing the ores to the specific ones I wanted so that they don't look similar to any hardmodoe ones

Attachments

• ergggg.jpg
    ergggg.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 252
The mod does nothing for me... It instlall, reaload, etc. Then i create a world and get no option to modifie the world.... Mayby im doing something wrong idk.

Back
Top Bottom