Top 5 favorite video games

Couldn't find anything like this in the search, lemme know if I'm wrong.

Like the title says, what are your top 5 favorite video games?

For me it would have to be:

1. Terraria (seriously)
2. Transistor
3. Black Mesa Source
4. Intrusion 2
5. Risk of Rain
1.Terraria
2.COD BO2
3.Fallout NV and Fallout 4 (love both of them alot)
4.Minecraft
5. Star Fox 64 (how ironic)

1. Terraria
2. Star Wars: Battlefront I and II
3. Elder Scrolls games
4. GMod and Half Life
5. Hard Time because of derp

Boring Man OTSC was 4th before markiplier ruined it
Teeworlds is fun too.

1. Kingdom Hearts (series, the friendship element and the importance of connections is a theme that I really love that continues throughout the story)

2. Star Ocean: The Second Story (introduced me to the world of RPG's, plus, it was just great in general!)

3. Terraria (best open world sandbox I've played thus far, it has action, adventure and creative freedom!)

4. Chrono Trigger (the thrid RPG I played after Chrono Cross, and a real gem among SNES classics!)

5. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles (I grew up with Sonic, starting with Sonic the Hedgehog 2. What I loved about Sonic and Knuckles in general was the lock-on cartridge that expanded gameplay with Sonic 2 and especially Sonic 3)

And if you were to ask me my top 10, then here's 6-10 in no particular order. 2015 was a good year for me, apparently, because of the next two.

Ori and the Blind Forest (Great story, great art, great music. The way the game makes you feel sadness and joy with so few words is truly beautiful. I especially love the whole theme revolving around the beauty of a mother's love for her child/children.)

Undertale (Reasons that half the people in this forum already know)

Age of Empries 2 (My brother and I played a lot of AOE when we were kids. Our family got our second computer, along with this game, shortly after it came out, so we were able to do multiplayer with it. The game is very fun by itself, but also holds good memories for me)

The Elder Scrolls (series, I started with Oblivion, and immediately fell in love with this open world, RPG series. I tried playing Morrowind, but it was hard to get into it because of the mechanics. I still enjoy playing Skyrim every now and then)

Pokemon Gold/Silver/HG/SS (I honestly can't decide whether I like the originals or remakes more here. I started Pokemon with Blue version. When I played Silver, I was absolutely THRILLED that I got to walk through Kanto all over again, and there was a direct connection with the events of Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow in the story. I am only sad that Gamefreak hasn't tried making another game with two regions, though I also understand that there are limiting factors)

Last edited:
1.)Undertale
2.Terraria/Portal 2 (Reall just a tie for them)
3.)Crypt of the NecroDancer
4.) Minecraft
5.) Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

1. Minecraft
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. Portal 2
4. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)
5. Burnout: Paradise or NFS: Most Wanted (2012)

This was really though to think about. I'm sure I will change it later if I make up my mind officially.

This list has definitely changed over the past 2 years, although it's still hard to think about. I have a LOT of games in mind that I have some great memories with, but for this list I think I have to base it on a combination of sheer hours, replayability, nostalgia, and if the game has affected me in the real world at all.

1. Minecraft

I've easily put thousands of hours into Minecraft, and probably 90% of that play time is on servers. I've owned the game since July 30, 2012 and I still occasionally play it to this day, although not nearly as much as I used to. I have some great memories playing on servers that had close knit communities, including my real life friend's server which I now manage when I can. I genuinely miss when servers felt more "personal", instead of it being dominated by massive servers filled with microtransactions and premium accounts. But even still, this game will always be close to my heart.

2. Star Wars: The Old Republic

I could find out how much I've played, but that would require going onto my 12 characters and typing a command, and then adding all of it together. But I'm sure it's more than 1000 hours. I started this game back in late January of 2015 and I've done a majority of what's in it, and it's a LOT considering it's an MMO. But I enjoy it so much because I love Star Wars, I love choosing my own dialogue, and the stories in it are fantastic. I really wish it was all canon.

3. Portal 2

Between PS3 hours and Steam hours, I probably have close to just 100 hours for Portal 2. I remember the first time I played through the story on my PS3 when I still had it, and I was blown away by how good it was. So many memorable quotes, ingenious gameplay, and damn good multiplayer that a good friend and I did together on splitscreen. I could easily still get enjoyment out of doing the story another time or 2.

4. Rocket League

At 381 hours and counting, it's my second most played game on Steam (behind clicker heroes, but that's not even in my top 10). The gameplay is a blast, and it's a staple game that my friends and I play while Skyping. It definitely has its frustrating moments, but it's such a fun game that I don't think I'll quit playing it any time soon.

5. Super Smash Brothers Brawl

If memory servers me right, I had over 500 hours into this game when I had my Nintendo Wii, and man what a great game it is. I can even play it today still using a Wii emulator on my PC, and I do if I'm in the mood. The combination of the excellent story mode, fighting elements, and replayability means I'll never forget it.

Terraria
Stardew Valley
Hello Neighbor (Love uncovering it's secrets)

Not much, I have a :red:ty pc :|

1. Smash Bros. (In general)
2. Terraria
3. Hyper Light Drifter
4. Cave Story
5. BIT.TRIP SAGA

(I wish I could do top 5 per genre because I played a lot of games, possibly over 1500. O_O)

Erm... This will be hard.

1. Terraria
2. Minecraft (Judge me as much as you want, this had a huge impact on my life)
3. Fifa 14-16
4. Clash Royale
5. Dragonvale

There is no #1, because all of them are #1 IMO. They're just that good. :)

1. Terraria (ModLoader): Take the already amazing Terraria and give it an expansion pack. Congratulations! Welcome to Terraria 1.4!
  2. Kirby Planet Robobot: My god. I thought Return to Dreamland was good, but this thing tops the series. It has good gameplay, awesome music, amazing bosses (except the averagely adequate Holo-Defense API), and a sad and depressing villain backstory.
  3. Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location: Actually play the game before you judge me. For once, I can't believe it, I'm actually impressed by a FNAF game. I got back into the fanbase, but only as a commenter and a fanart viewer.
  4. Cytus: Nice music, balanced difficulty, and fun gameplay.
  5. Deemo: Same as ^/ I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING.

1. terraria 1.2.4.1 tapi and terraria 1.3
2. magicite
3. Don't Starve
4. Crypt of the Necrodancer or Rogue Legacy or Nuclear Throne
5. Commandos 3 - Destination Berlin or Death Road To Canada or Vagante or Catacomb kids.
Conclusion : every game I play and I kept it installed is in my favorite collection because I now that i'll play them again :)

Back
Top Bottom