Top ten most enjoyable weapons

mathbrush

Terrarian
This is completely subjective, so I'd love to hear other people's opinions.

Some weapons are just fun, even if they are not that useful. Some useful weapons are also fun. Here are my personal favorites (I'm not including stuff from pillars or after, because you don't get to use them very long):

10. Bone Javelin. You can get a lot from just one fossil, and they stick in the enemy and do damage, so it feels like you're an ancient caveman hunting a mammoth.
9. Tome of Infinite Wisdom. Whirlwind is satisfying when it breaks grass and thorns (especially in crimson) and the main attack is fun for hitting moss hornets.
8. Scourge of the Corruptor. It almost feels like a summon where you can make corruption enemies, and they flood the screen, seeking everything.
7. Flower Pow. Especially fun against old one's army, where you can hit a lot of weak enemie with the regular attack and kill wyverns with the machine-gun petals you get by holding down the attack button.
6. Rocket launcher. It feels great to get this and then take down the Ogre in Old One's Army tier 2 in seconds.
5. North Pole. This weapon is annoying without feral claws/gloves but with them it covers the whole screen in snow.
4. Eventide. The slightly different angles and colors for each of the rainbow bolts is satisfying, and the piercing feels nice.
3. Tempest staff. It's impractical, but having a bunch of little tornadoes following you that spew out sharks is a memorable experience, and having the ground littered with sharkflesh is pretty funny.
2. Dart pistol/rifle. It's just so wacky. The poison darts are kind of boring but the rest are so unique: crystal darts bounce around and hit enemies around corners or off screen, like in underground jungle; ichor darts spread out and hit big bosses or crowds; and cursed darts carpetbomb.
1. Starlight. It's a rainbow sword that attacks at a million miles per second and requires a lot of risk. Not the best weapon but a lot of fun, especially on weak bosses like Lunatic cultist.

Here are my opinions:

10. Paladin's Hammer. It may not be the best weapon out there but it moves really fast and has a lot of knockback, and sending enemies flying is pretty satisfying.
9. Super Star Shooter. While it is pretty impractical outside of Journey mode, it fires lots of glowing projectile that tear through crowds and summons even more glowing projectiles to help it finish off individual enemies.
8. Magic Missile/Flamelash/Rainbow Rod. They look really cool and it's pretty fun to control the projectile and hit enemies around corners.
7. Blade Staff. They attack really fast and have great AI, and their circling animation looks neat and is somewhat hypnotizing.
4. Desert Tiger Staff. Really cute summon that has a really neat pounce attack and overall is an amazing minion.
5. Stellar Tune. Really fast glowing projectiles that auto-target and deal with events really well. It also plays music!
4. Phantasm. It is extremely satisfying to use thanks to the homing arrows.
3. Nightglow. Somewhat like the Rainbow Rod but summons 4 projectiles instead of one that look even cooler and move faster.
2. Terraprisma. Obtaining it is really hard but it feels so great to actually get it, and with summoner gear it obliterates everything and can kill the Pillars on its own while you just stand still.
1. Celebration MK2. Definitely the coolest Moon Lord drop. It bombards the entire screen with fast glowing multicoloured projectiles that annihilate everything.

There were a lot of magic weapons that I would've put into here but I wasn't sure where to put them, such as the Zapinators, Vilethorn, Life Drain, Spirit Flame, Blizzard Staff, Spectre Staff, Resonance Scepter, Razorpine, Betsy's Wrath, Charged Blaster Cannon, Razorblade Typhoon...

Last edited:
10. Terra Blade. I know people don’t regard projectile swords that highly, but I love them. The green, sparkly beams that slice through enemies combined with the ability to bat them around with a swinging blade is amazing.

9. Chain Gun (with exploding bullets, especially). I know that Chain Gun + Exploding Bullets is not exactly the most viable combo ever, but you should definitely try firing 15 exploding shots per second into a crowd for above. Absolutely amazing.

8. North Pole. This is the kind of weapom I get just to use, even if it’s not the best. I can’t think of another weapon that just floods everything so well with so many projectiles.

7. Eventide. Something about looking at this weapon is super awesome. Mechanically, it isn’t the most unique ever: it’s just linear pierce, after all, but thre visuals are amazing.

6. Magic Missiles, mostly for how they look. The projectile is visually awesome, and they punch with heavy explosions, homing and knockback which makes you feel powerful.

5. All Flails. They are mechanically diverse and super fun to use, and throwing a ball through a cluster of enemies and pulling it back is incredibly fun. Love it.

4. Sanguine, Blade, Desert Tiger, Terraprisma. Cannot choose between one. They are all satisfying to watch, very strong for their tier, not frustrating to use like a lot of other minions. The fact that you get these four generally in one long progression path makes it even better.

3. Scourge of the Corruptor. You spam it into the ground and create an endless, unstoppable swarm of biters that enemies cannot escape. Super fun to use.

2. Celebration MKII. Between all of the Moon Lord drops, this is my favorite. It’s so bright and flashy, and the ability to just melt an entire side of your screen by chewing through rockets feels amazing. Only reason it isn’t number 1 is because I am constantly concerned with how kany rockets I have.

1. Razorblade Typhoon. I know a lot of people don’t find utter spammability satisfying, but I think it’s amazing. The typhoons are awesome to smear around the battlefield, and the way they swarm enemies independent of command is awesome.

10. Daybreak, there is something really satisfying about throwing giant flaming spears, and thanks to the buff they are actually effective against moonlord.

9. hardmode darts, there are 3 varieties and they are all stunning both visually and in effectiveness. Ichor darts split, cursed darts carpet bomb, and crystal darts bounce around everywehre like its a pinball game. I prefer the rifle over pistol because of the big numbers.

8. Sniper rifle, Every ranged weapon tends to trend toward firing faster and faster with relatively little gain in base damage, this weapon completely goes against the current. Big damage is just satisfying. The extra crit also has a nice synergy with magnet sphere.

7. magnet sphere and clinger staff, 2 magic support weapons, clinger staff is satisfying because it's a literal wall that instantly stops enemies from running past it. Magnet sphere is a nice knockback and damage boost and is fun to watch zap everything.

6. yoyos, they're all effectively the same weapon... but the base yoyo is really fun to use, I wouldn't do a whole playthrough of just yoyos, but if I ever feel like using one there's going to be one available at my tier.

5. spider / flinx staff, these minions basically do the same thing, they are quickly accessible at a time when they are immediately useful regardless of what build you're doing. They can help keep enemies away, they add a good chunk to your damage output, and you can re summon them to attack through walls.
It's unfortunate that many people end the spider staff's carrier with trying to fight a flying boss with it, as it's really not meant for that.

4. Stack launcher... Killing Betsy with this thing will never get old. This is also the only weapon where I unironically use the rifle scope's effect.

3. flying knife, it's such a weird weapon, and its fun all the tricks you can do with it. Just like with the spider staff I find its utility in early hardmode amazing, just don't go fighting bosses with it.

2. Raven staff, ok so usually the minion I'm using by the time I get this is sanguine, this minion has a much higher base damage, it comes at the same time as spooky armor and papyrus + necro scroll stacking. This is the first time I usually see a minion with over 100 displayed damage and that's really satisfying.

1. Flails, Nothing is more satisfying that swinging around a giant spike ball then throwing it at enemies hitting like a truck. The 2 final flails also have special effects. Drippler crippler I'm spamming an avalanche of death balls, and flower pow is like if someone duct taped a magnet sphere on the end of my flail. It's too bad these things end at Plantera, Flairion doesn't count because that's more of in the 'chain knife' category, and its nowhere near as fun to use.

10. Stardust cell staff: This is a weapon not a lot of people remember about, and I admit it is a bit bad. That does not stop me from enjoying using it though.

9. Terraprisim: re-logic went all out with the empress of light drops. this weapon is not only satisfying to use but also to obtain

8. North Pole: This is a fun weapon that is amazing against some bosses

7. Parana gun: It may not be the best weapon, but come on. you are shooting Paranas

6. Eventide: This bow just looks so amazing

5. Razorblade typhoon: needs no explanation

4. Star Shooter/Super star shooter: Also needs no explanation

3. Flamethrowers: I just enjoy burning enemies

2. 1.4 flails: the new flail mechanics feel so smooth

1. Last prism: as a mage for life, I love just shredding everything with this

I don't have an ordered top 10 list so I'll just list some of the most fun and/or satisfying weapons

First of course the Blade Staff by a long shot. It is probably the deepest weapon in the game that massively rewards micro'ing whips, it looks cool, it attacks very fast and stunlock everything, and its idle animation weirdly relaxing. Additionally, it can be used with the Lucky Coin to gather money manually effectively, and it's very efficient DPS against Dungeon Guardian.

Flying Knife. Essentially an infinite range Yoyo with infinite piercing and also infinite lifespan. Its actual damage is low, but it's underrated for its usefulness against underground mobs & pirate invasion.

Rainbow Rod. Just looks super pretty, and killing Skeletron Prime with it is really satisfying.

Bee Keeper. Simply hilarious in casual PvPs as it inflicts confusion.

Starfury. Not only a very strong Pre-Hardmode weapon that is also relatively easy to obtain, but sniping small floating enemies with the falling star is fun.

Vampire Frog Staff. Looks adorable, but is also underrated and pretty powerful against Wall of Flesh.

Phantasm. Incredibly satisfying to use.

Firecracker. Same reason as Phantasm mostly, those explosions feel impactful everytime.

Stardust Cell Staff. Again same reason as Phantasm, the attack animation looks unusually cool and smooth. And also, come on, it's a bunch of orbs, and I love orbs (this is very awkward to phrase as I usually just say "Ball" to describe round things). I would have mentioned Xeno Staff for the same reason (cool attack animation), but their AI makes me want to smash them into pieces.

Last edited:
In no particular order:

Chloro Saber and Keybrand. I have an unhealthy obsession with true melee swords and these are the best at that role.

Vilethorn: A true classic, with solid DPS, wall penetration and crowd control. One of the very few things Corruption worlds have over Crimson.

Shadowflame Knife, Flameburst Staff, Xeno Staff, Razorpine: What do these all have in common? They are simple, accurate and useful in all situations. That's my style: Simple and versatile.

Life Drain: Crowd Control monster with infinite range and perfect accuracy with Palladium Armor's set bonus as an extra. Criminally underrated due to its name making people believe its healing is going to be the busted mess Spectre Hood is.

Drippler Crippler and Electrosphere launcher: Super unique weapons that shred crowds of enemies like nothing and maintain very good DPS against bosses. The former gets extra points for its name.

Tsunami/Phantasm: strong

Flying Knife: Recently I've gained a lot of respect for this weapon. It's often underestimated for its poor DPS but underground you can pull off amazing tricks with it to kill enemies safely.

Betsy's Wrath: No, it's not just a better Golden Shower. This thing has insane crowd control and DPS and Betsy's Curse just adds even more to it, encouraging you to use minions to get even more value out of it.

Durendal: Just a great representation of what a Whip should be. Strong by itself and with great universal bonuses that encourage Whip Stacking.

Last edited:
So, my opinions change quite often, so this might change as well, but here is my top 10:

10. Every single yoyo. Honestly, Yoyos are really fun, but absolutely all of them feel exactly the same as they have no unique abilities (except for the terrarian), so I see no point in putting them apart.

9. Rainbow gun. Pretty barrier of doom!

8. Lunar portal staff. I mean, I absolutely love when you can imitate enemy attacks, and getting a smaller version of moon lord's most menacing attack? Yes please. Also, stacking knockback boosts and watching it pick up and fling hordes of fighter AI's is the most amazing thing ever.

7. Chain guillotines. They feel pretty wacky to use sometimes, but there is just something so satisfying about watching a bunch of chain blades rapidly flying back and forth, shredding those who stand before you... Amazing.

6. Flairon. Bubbles. Just, bubbles.

5. Clinger staff. Such an underrated utility weapon, honestly! A (practically) free impenetrable wall that inflicts cursed inferno. It is extremely versatile: mining ores? It will block off any melee baddies better than most minions; Fighting a boss? Drop it down for free extra DPS, and to filter out random annoying enemies! Also, it just looks dope.

4. Staff of earth. This weapon has many things going for it - summoning boulders? Check. Bouncing and rolling projectiles? Check. Unique and interesting mechanic (speed = damage)? Check. Dropped from a boss that can be farmed easily and as such, is easy to aquire? Check!

3. Magnet sphere. The good friend of any mage in existence: free DPS and instant stunlock that does not interfere with any of your other weapons. Watching a ball of energy casually gliding around is surprisingly soothing.

2. Stardust cells. They may not be the strongest minion in the game, but they are, in my book, the definition of a perfect minion: they can go extremely far away, attacking some enemy at the edge of the screen, and yet will still be able to help the summoner through their secondary attacks! I could praise stardust cells a lot more, but I have done that in the past so...

Honorable mentions: Optic staff (horrible but adorable), Life drain (anything related to blood magic is cool in my book), Christmas tree sword (cool rework), cursed flames and predecessors (bouncing fireballs are always fun, too bad they don't have longevity in progression), Ice rod (more of a utility tool than a weapon), bubble gun (Bubbles), pretty much every other mage weapon in existence.

1. Nebula arcanum. It bounces, homes in, explodes, splits into fragments, covers large areas, lasts long, deals insane damage... And looks absolutely amazing. This has to be not only my favorite weapon, but my most favorite overall thing in terraria when it comes to visual effects. Not only that, but it's holding animation looks as if your character is actually casting the spell without a weapon, as if you can finally use magic without staves and books, which I absolutely adore.

Optic staff (horrible but adorable)
Optic staff is considered to be horrible? I always thought it to be decent but what do I know.

10. Thorn Chakram. I tend to enjoy melee weapons that actually reward you for going melee and boomerangs do just that. The thorn chakram has a neat aesthetic to it and can be obtained quite early.

I’ll finish this list later

Optic staff is considered to be horrible? I always thought it to be decent but what do I know.
In terms of accuracy, DPS and AI it’s weaker than Blade or Sanguine. I do however find use for it though: you can cast it behind walls and let it do its own thing unlike the former two, and in that case it has aerial mobility that spiders lack, which makes it a pretty good choice for hiding in a box and clearing out things like Moss Hornets or Vampires.

I do however find use for it though: you can cast it behind walls and let it do its own thing unlike the former two, and in that case it has aerial mobility that spiders lack, which makes it a pretty good choice for hiding in a box and clearing out things like Moss Hornets or Vampires.
I'm pretty sure that the Spider Staff does that much better as long as you summon the spider right on the enemy. And if we're talking about small boxes in large open spaces, the Blade Staff can be used since if you grapple to a ceiling the Blades attacks enemies above you.

Got to admit, tsunami, if used right will be so satisfying. I mean just watch this!
click to view full GIF

Attachments

• oh....gif
    oh....gif
    743.2 KB · Views: 722
Mine are... weird.

10. Daybreak.
-There's something viscerally satisfying about throwing your spear into an enemy and watching it... be in the enemy. Daybreak places above Bone Javelins because they explode, and explosions are always cool.

9. Desert Tiger Staff
-I love watching this guy jump into the air and launch itself between enemies. My literally only problem with this guy is how hard he is to get, and I actually hate playing Summoner in general, so getting it's rarely justified.

8. Spirit Flame
-Hold down button and watch purple flames go boom with big damage.

7. Vortex Beater
-Okay I actually enjoy how loud this gun is. Let me ask you: Have YOU ever shot an unsupressed Assault Rifle? It's not a quiet ordeal.

6. Phoenix Blaster
-This gun has it al Damage, Firerate, viability, and velocity. It does require a bit of timing to use, and that's exactly why I love it. Something very satistying about absolutely pounding left click and watching a stream of bullets slam into the enemy. Viable in hardmode too.

5. Flamelash
-What doesn't this weapons do well? Decent Crowd Control, great single-target, and fantastic visuals. Everything here is enjoyable.

4. Nightglow
-Release a swarm off firefly things that viciously chase down the enemy. Literally Spirit Lamp but better.

3. Eventide
-Frickin' Laser Beams

2. Razorpine
- Get close and watch the numbers pour. Works pretty well from far away too.

1. Megashark
-Old Reliable. This weapon has never let me down. Never.

10. Chain guillotines:
Most fun fishron fights ever, looks really cool and actually has decent usability though admittedly it is not a truly "powerful weapon"

9. Daybreak:
Incredibly powerful as of 1.4.1, makes you feel like an absolute burning warlord, and has very satisfying explosions

8. Razorblade:
Mindless and extremely overpowered and the bigger-than-you projectiles make for a weapon that will send you down in a doom-like power trip.

8. Phantasm: incredibly satisfying to use. Pounding a stream of arrows faster than any machine gun in the game right onto enemies feels great. Additionally this bow has extremely high dps and is without doubt among the most overpowered weapons in the game

7. Magic missile/Rainbow Rod/flamelash:
I grouped these two together because I absolutely love how these look. I do have some very small gripes with flamelash's trail, however. It looks rather strangely blended out imo. Regardless, all three are very cool and yoraizor had me extremely hyped when he revealed revamped rainbow rod.

6. Drippler crippler:
A big early HM flail that strikes out and just looks so good! Not to mention its bouncy balls with which you could bowl down enemies till the end of time! I've spent an easy few hours just generally having fun with this weapon in the crimson.

5. Stardust cells:
Never miss, insane dps, underrated, and they are so :red:ing satisfying to use! The only thing more satisfying than this is probably a lawn full of gatling peas in PvZ.

4. Dark harvest:
50% melee speed are you :red:ing kidding me? Not to mention it's other special effect is effective and very satisfying to look at.

3. Blade staff:
I'm a shyguy sub Has an incredibly satisfying striking pattern that is also quite effective at dealing with bigger hordes.

2. Celebration mk2:
A deepish rainbow blast of rockets that feel heavy and extremely powerful at the same time. You can just shoot it in any direction and it basically turns into noita's ":red: everything in that general direction spell". Also the fastest weapon for post ML pumpkin moons (excluding zenith of course) and I find doing these incredibly satisfying.

1. Electrosphere launcher:
Criminally underrated weapon. This one is very fun and unique, is arguably among the best multi-target weapons, is a ranged weapon that doesn't get countered by solar pillar and can be spammed to achieve very respectable single target dps.

Honorable mentions (since there are too many I will rank these based off tiers from C to S where:-
C = Rather interesting
B = I went out of my way to play around with this weapon for a while or would do so-tier
A = Very fun weapon. Would be in honorable mentions if I wasn't making them so large
S = Should have been on the list but my brain forgot about its existence and doesn't want to get back to changing the list for the nth time.

S: Seedler, Terra Blade, Starlight, Arkhalis/Terragrim, Sky Dragon's Fury, Daedalus Stormbow, Pulse Bow, Aerial Bane, Onyx Blaster, Blizzard staff, Razorpine, Resonance Scepter, Charged Blaster cannon, Magnet Sphere, Ice Rod, Stellar Tune, Nebula Arcanum, Last Prism, Terraprisma, First Fractal

A: Starfury, Flying Dragon, Death Sickle, Star Wrath [relogic pls fix iframes D:], Paladin's Hammer, Shadowflame Knives, Solar eruption, Zenith, Scourge of the corruptor, Paper airplane, all grenades, The Bee's Knees, Eventide, Phantom Phoenix, Tsunami, Hallowed repeater, Stake launcher, Phoenix Blaster, Clockwork Assault Rifle, Uzi, Coin gun, Megashark, Sniper Rifle, Vortex Beater, Nail Gun, Snowman Cannon, Venom Staff, Betsy's wrath, Vilethorn, Gray Zapinator, Bubble Gun, Book Of Skulls, Lunar Flare, Demon Scythe, Nightglow, Flinx Staff, Vampire frog staff, Sanguine Staff, Desert Tiger staff, Flameburst weapons, Whips that boost melee speed, Firecracker,

B: Slap Hand, Fetid Baghnakhs, Psycho Knife, Horseman's Blade, Influx Waver, Christmas tree sword, Sergeant United Shield, Possessed Hatchet, All basic flails (the ones that can be spun), flairon, Vampire Knives, Hellwing Bow, Shadowflame bow, Chlorophyte shotbow, Sandgun, Minishark, Boomstick, Super Star Shooter, Dart Pistol, Dart rifle (only because of ammo tbh), Piranha gun, Proximity Mine Launcher, Sky Fracture, Crystal Serpent, Flower of Frost, Whips in general (except for cool whip), Meteor staff, Tome of infinite Wisdom, Bat Scepter, Inferno Fork, Staff of earth, Bee Gun, Rainbow Gun, Laser Machine Gun, Water Bolt, Cursed Flames, Blood Thorn, Spider Staff, Deadly Sphere staff, Raven Staff, Xeno Staff, Stardust dragon staff, Whips that only give tag bonuses

C: Umbrella, Night's Edge, Bladetongue, Ice Sickle, Bee Keeper, True Excalibur, True Night's Edge, Storm Spear, North Pole, Snowball, Throwing knives and shurikens, Blood rain bow, Marrow, Ice Bow, all HM mined ore repeaters, Musket/Red Ryder, Star Cannon, Handgun, Grenade Launcher, Rocket Launcher, Thunder Zapper, Flower of Fire, Crystal Vile Shard, Space Gun, Piss Book, Spirit flame, Pygmy staff

Back
Top Bottom