Map-Survival Topuca - Custom Survival

rogerhnn

Terrarian
Inspired by the one map I saw on Reddit, I made a custom world to play with my friend on our server.
The main reason was because we were very annoyed to explore the other biomes with corruption or crimson together. The actual world generation sucks... Always spawning corruption or crimson inside jungle or ice biomes... Also the ocean biome and desert were too short or empty.

So I present you Topuca v.1.0 (Random name, no real reason for it)
RgxzTHu.png

Features:
- Separeted Biomes (each biome have its own space)
- Crimson and Corruption (located underground, the corruption have its own space and will not spread *I hope)
- Mountains (Icy mountains, deser mountains and some floating land over the jungle)
- Floating Island (16 unique floating islands)
- Ocean with Islands with treasures buried.
- Two big trees on map.

This is the first complete version of the map. Its a normal generated map with only a few corrections over biomes and some additional stuff.

Feedback appreciated!

Download on cursegorge

* Please a Moderator can change the title to Topuca instead of Topica, my mistake!

Last edited:
This looks like a very well-formed, not-too-inconvenient world. I'll definitely explore it when you upload it, so thanks in advance.

Awesome looking! Haven't started 1.3 fully yet due to a world/character corruption, so i'm hyped to start 1.3 on this! :D

Last edited:
I was looking forward to start a new playthrough and this map seems perfect for it. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to change it to expert with TEdit since I'm kinda in love with that mode and normal seems boring to me now. Any comments or suggestions I have I will let you know. Thanks!

It is meant to be played on expert. I forgot to change it, fell free to do it. I will update it right now.

There is one thing that could improve. While I like having lots of floating islands, I think there are too many in this world, and none of them are lakes so if I want to fish there I have to build it. The islands block falling stars which can be a problem in the early game, and also block meteorites. Other than that, the map is going great, I'm about to fight Skeletron and I'm enjoying the ride so far!

There is one thing that could improve. While I like having lots of floating islands, I think there are too many in this world, and none of them are lakes so if I want to fish there I have to build it. The islands block falling stars which can be a problem in the early game, and also block meteorites. Other than that, the map is going great, I'm about to fight Skeletron and I'm enjoying the ride so far!

Thank you for your feedback. I think I may have a solution for the floating islands, will half the quantity of them and make each one have double chests (random chests too) and put 2 islands with lakes.

Also I am thinking about making a large world, but instead of use the default, pick two medium worlds and put it together on the large world format, so it will have 2 jungles, two Ice biomes, corruptions and a large part with a ocean biome.
Also make a floating dungeon on one side of the map.

What do you guys think?

I love that idea, sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

You'd have to be super lucky to get world gen like that. Also the jungle looks awesome. I think I'll use this world for my next playthrough.

I assume crimson would be the biome to generate in hardmode, right?
The corruption and crimson are present in the world since you spawn. I will update the topic with the actual map, after I moved the corruption to the surface.
Also will improve the map by making some changes after the suggestions that I received.

Thank you for your feedback. I think I may have a solution for the floating islands, will half the quantity of them and make each one have double chests (random chests too) and put 2 islands with lakes.

Also I am thinking about making a large world, but instead of use the default, pick two medium worlds and put it together on the large world format, so it will have 2 jungles, two Ice biomes, corruptions and a large part with a ocean biome.
Also make a floating dungeon on one side of the map.

What do you guys think?
Sounds like a lot of fun, would play! :happy:

The corruption and crimson are present in the world since you spawn. I will update the topic with the actual map, after I moved the corruption to the surface.
Also will improve the map by making some changes after the suggestions that I received.
I mean after the wall of flesh, I know the biome is already there.

After the Wall of Flesh the biome that will generate is the Hallow.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439485391,1439485375][/DOUBLEPOST]
After the Wall of Flesh the biome that will generate is the Hallow.
Ok, thank you! That'll make hardmode easier at least. :D

Back
Top Bottom