Game Mechanics Torch Swap only uses regular Torches. This shouldn't the the case

Dakota Spine

Headless Horseman
I've experimented a little, and with normal Torches in my inventory, Biome Torch Swap works perfectly fine, for the most part. I automatically place Jungle Torches in the Jungle, Crimson Torches in the Crimson. The Ocean doesn't get Coral Torches however, and this feels like an oversight.

But my current point being that when I pick up the torches I tested with, they no long become the correct torch in the correct biome. I can place a Crimson Torch, take it, and move to the Hallow. But when I go to place a torch from my inventory, it takes the Crimson Torch I picked up and places that down instead of a Hallow Torch.
Granted, this is resolved by placing my torch stockpile in front of my inventory so that they take priority. But this both causes a new issue of clutter, and serves as a personal solution to a problem that is resolved by allowing all torches to be affected by the toggle. I see no reason why Biome Torches can't also be affected by Torch Swap.

Last edited:
Well it the prioritizing is used like that if you have more than one different torch, or paint in inventory, it doesn’t work with the torch thing, I don’t know, I just think the torch god only allows regular torches to morph.
ALL HAIL THE TORCH GOD
Hmmm I think I should add that to my signature

Well it the prioritizing is used like that if you have more than one different torch, or paint in inventory, it doesn’t work with the torch thing, I don’t know, I just think the torch god only allows regular torches to morph.

That's my point, though. The numerous types of torches not being compatible with the swapping mechanic feels wrong.
Torches as a whole should be treated like any other when it comes to the mechanic.

Back
Top Bottom