Weapons & Equip Total Wings Rework - BIG Progression and Diversity Improvements

Just made some major changes and revisions to the stats in this thread, as well as updated it with the full assortment of non-developer 1.3 Wings. Just to let you guys know!

I like the change to the luminite wings, I had been considering doing something similar with them, but I just wasn't sure how. Support!

Big updates to the main post!

I really feel like this thread didn't come out with quite the boom I wished it would, and I think that was in part with how intimidating the big brick wall of text was to look at. So, in addition to tweaking some stats and reworking the abilities of certain Wings, I have color coded the main post so that it's much easier to look at. Now the various points of interest are highlighted for easy at-a-glance reference. It is now easier to see which stats a certain pair of Wings favors without squinting at the actual numbers in the table, and unique Wing abilities are colored so you know what those specialized Wings have to offer without unnecessary strain on your part.

But don't take my word for it, check out the main post and tell me what you think! :happy:

It might just be my crappy eyes, but I can hardly tell the difference between the light green and the green.

The main thing is whether there is green in one column or both, because if there's green in both columns, that means the stats are fairly close to each other, and if there's green in only one column, that stat is higher than the other. :)

I like how much variance there would be, but some of these changes seem a little unfair. Why would the nebula wings have to be nerfed, right after they became viable for use? The stat increases for flying, especially the ones that provided by solar wings, seem way too strong and would make mounts such as the Cute Fishron not worth using after defeating the moon lord. Overall there seems to be a decrease to both flight time and in-flight bonus speed for most of the early game wings, and major decreases to flight time but extremely high increases to in-flight speed bonuses for the late game wings. Although the majority of the Terraria world is horizontally based this would be a major decrease to the average flight time of most wings. Personally I prefer the current system, with other accessories being the major influence on the variation of the player's wings, such as the frog leg.

I'm sure this comes as no surprise, but yeah I definitely approve of this. I've been complaining since 1.2 about how crappy some wings are for when you get them (*cough*batwings*cough*). Completely rebalancing how the wings work is definitely a great idea.

man, those beetle wings are pretty strong. six extra defense plus warding= 10 defense. then again, the paladins shield can have the same amount of defense, and they are both post plantera.

Hmm, I really like this. If you want, I could very easily forward this into a tModLoader mod. I'll setup both our names as authors. Would you like that? :)

Good ideas, especially the hoverpack! should ad some more abilities to other wings, like with solar wings double tapping down could activate a fire aura that burns enemies for 5 sec or something.

Hadn't seen this thread before, I like your ideas. The only thing I might argue with is how strong the steampunk wings are when they're something you just buy, albeit late in the game. You've got them very nearly as powerful as Fishron's wings, which are a rare drop from a tough optional boss. That doesn't quite seem right to me.

But on the whole, great suggestions, it's definitely an improvement over how wings are now.

P.S. I noticed you didn't do the dev wings, any plans to?

Some new craftable wings using the Angel Wings and Gems would be cool. Ruby Wings, Diamond Wings, Emerald Wings, so on... They wouldn't necessarily have to have any buffs or abilities added, could just be for adding wing variant options when making your first set of wings.

While I love the premise of this post, and think it is more balanced than vanilla wings, I do not find "more balanced" reason enough to support it. I feel you have somewhat over or under estimated the rarity of many wing materials, and though adding damage and defenses bonuses to wings is interesting, the active abilities you have proposed feel not only unfitting of wings, but sometimes overpowered; especially ghost wings, which make the mighty Ninja Gear near useless, and the Beetle/Bone wings, which have overpowered active/passive abilities respectively. I do like what you've done with the end-game wings though, and support those stats.

75% support

Back
Top Bottom