Weapons & Equip Touching up Merchant, Summoner and Early Game!

Should I add tinkering to the accessories?

• Yes.

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I will leave it up to you.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

solar_eclipse

Eye of Cthulhu
What I was going for with this is touching up.

Early game is a nightmare for summoners. Also, shackle/aglet/claws as accessories? make me cry. This adds some useful stuff to early game and summoner + merchant.

---[[Early Game]]---
(Fancy Failure)

Shackle

I suggest the shackle give +1 melee damage aswell. This means it is useful for melee. Also, the reasn it isn't a percentage is because this is so early that it isn't useless.

Slimy Arrow
1% Drop from slimes

+2 Ranged Damage

Magical Twig
1% Drop from trees (The leafy bits are the counted bits. So 5 branches makes it 3%)

+2 Magic Damage

Pet Rock
Rarely found on the surface. Can be collected with pickaxe. (Is a nest with a rock in it)

+1 Minion
-1 Defence

---[[Merchant]]---
The merchant will now sell new items.

Copper Coin Staff
Sold for 95 Copper Coins

2 Minion Damage
0 Knockback
Costs 5 mana
Attacks like a mimic.

Silver Coin Staff
Sold for 75 Silver Coins (After Eow/BoC is defeated)

8 Minion Damage
0 Knockback
Costs 5 mana
Attacks like a mimic and occasionally launches at enemies.

Gold Coin Staff
Sold for 35 Gold Coins (Hardmode)

20 Minion Damage
0 Knockback
Costs 5 mana
Attacks like a mimic, occasionally launches at enemies and shoots lasers.

Platinum Coin Staff
Sold for 7 Platinum Coins (After Duke Fishron is defeated

47 Minion Damage
0 Knockback
Costs 5 mana
Attacks like a mimic, occasionally launches at enemies, shoots lasers and flies at faraway enemies.

---[[Ending]]---

So basically, thats it. Also, before you complain that Platinum Staff is OP. It is supposed to be matched against Raven Staff. (I might make it Post-Plantera).

Constructive Critisism wanted, please tell me what you think!

Last edited:
I like it, but leave the shackle alone. That 1defense means a lot early game.
I kept the defence. That is why the damage bonus is so low, and it is supposed to be used by melee, multiclassers or other classes with spare slots.
EDIT: Dang how do I close the poll?

Spike claws are grapples for losers, and I find aglet pointless because I get shackles that make me faster.
because you can totally get a grappling hook by casually walking around in a forest <.<

Also, you forget that accessories can come with modifiers. So a warding Aglet is, in the end, much more helpful than a plain shackle.

because you can totally get a grappling hook by casually walking around in a forest <.<

Also, you forget that accessories can come with modifiers. So a warding Aglet is, in the end, much more helpful than a plain shackle.
True, yes. but then, what about a warding shackle? also, amethyst is so easy to get it's sad. And even still, I have found a hook within 10 seconds of a new world.

What about a Warding Shackle AND a Warding Aglet? Hmm?

But as to the original topic, I do think some early summoning weapons would be a good addition, but I'm not sure having the merchant sell them is the best answer. How about something like this: Zombie Arm + Shackle (at Workbench) = Bound Zombie Staff. Summons a Zombie, a slow, but hard-hitting (for this stage in the game) melee-only minion.

The accessory ideas are good, though the pet rock might be a little strong when you consider that it does the same thing as a Pygmy Necklace. Maybe give it a drawback or something?

We're going to get a kitten-launching sword, I don't think logic is involved that much in Terraria
Yeah but a beam of coins is impossible because coins are a round object and a beam us in abeam shape , and the meow mere just launches cat heads, which when you think about it is actually pretty disgusting

Back
Top Bottom