Other Town Music: Love it? Hate it? Respect it? Want it off?

Town Music Opinions

• It's pretty Good/Great

• It Alright

• I prefer the other day and night tracks/ I dislike or hate it

Results are only viewable after voting.

Random Fellow

Skeletron
Ok a common criticism for 1.4 was the Town music. And I agree, I think town music sounds boring even if Town Night is pretty alright. I preffer the more quirky and fun music of days gone by rather than the cuddly new town themes. But since there are people who still love the songs, I'm going to go down the line of should it have a toggle or not? I really think it should. At this point I really don't think Re-Logic would add this since its been a pretty big complaint that could simply tweaked to make everyone on both sides happy. (Honestly it feels like they have completely ignored it) But do you love it or hate it? And even if they never add a toggle, someone might make a resource pack for it. Who knows. I can live with or without it, but it gets to me at some point.

Also comment about maybe other ways it could be handled, like only playing if you have a pylon or maybe at special days or nights

I’d rather listen to an hour of middle school-level band music than the town music. It’s so boring. How about if the merchant or traveling merchant-when in a town-sells a special music box that, when toggled, turns off the town music and plays the regular ambience music?

Don't forget that you can use ingame music boxes to play different tracks in your bases! Granted it's a lategame item so it's not quite the same, but you could always spawn one in if it bothers you or like you said, a resource pack would be pretty easy to setup.

I personally love the addition of town themes. Not because of the themes themselves, but because it lets you separate town atmosphere from “wild” atmosphere more distinctly in music packs.

The songs are pretty alright enough imo. They’re a good indicator for when you’ve completely halted enemy spawns and unless I’m building I don’t spend long enough in towns for it to get repetitive.

I love the Town Night theme. It’s very atmospheric and calming. Having it playing during Lantern Nights is the perfect setting. I could listen to it for hours.

On the other hand, I dislike Town Day. It feels repetitive and doesn’t have the charm that the usual non-town tracks have or the atmosphere that Town Night has. For a track that you spend so much time listening to, it’s awfully bland.

Don't forget that you can use ingame music boxes to play different tracks in your bases! Granted it's a lategame item so it's not quite the same, but you could always spawn one in if it bothers you or like you said, a resource pack would be pretty easy to setup.
Yeah you can, but I'm not gonna micromanage that, infact no one is.

I love the Town Night theme. It’s very atmospheric and calming. Having it playing during Lantern Nights is the perfect setting. I could listen to it for hours.

On the other hand, I dislike Town Day. It feels repetitive and doesn’t have the charm that the usual non-town tracks have or the atmosphere that Town Night has. For a track that you spend so much time listening to, it’s awfully bland.
Agreed

I think so too, but I’d really stick to the original theme of Day/Night because I feel like the nostalgia and tranquil of the two original songs would be better than a new modern and comfy background.

Back
Top Bottom