PS4 Transfer from PS3 to PS4 ("No character available for download")

Burger_Town

Terrarian
Hello there. I got a little problem and i need some help.

I'm trying to upload my character and my world from the ps3 to the ps4. A bit of context: i've had the game on ps3 for a while and since i've just got the ps4, i bought the game on disc.
I've been able to upload both character and world from the ps3 to the cloud. Then, i'm able to download the character from the cloud to the ps4 and select it. The problem comes then. I download the world from the cloud to the ps4, it appears and when i select it, i always get this message: "No character available for download"
I even tried to upload the saved files directly to the playstation cloud using the playstation plus membership, but i was not able to download the files on the ps4. So i'm a bit stuck.
Does that ever happen to anyone?

Do you got the same PSN for that world? You need the same PSN

Edit: happened to a character on my account. i made a new account with a new character, put my old characters stuff in a chest on a world, downloaded the world, geared the new char with the stuff and it was virtually the same except life crystals and fruit.

Yup. Using the same PSN.
I could just use the same character in a new world, importing my most important stuff and all, but I had a few nice buildings and I've spent a lot of time to isolate the corruption... So yeah... I even talk to a guy at PS support, and another guy at 505, finally I reported a bug to the dev team. So I'm there now lol. Just waiting and hoping for the best I guess.

I'm in the same boat. I hope it gets fixed soon. I can download my old gen characters from the cloud service but the PS4 version can't find my uploaded worlds from my PS3. I would really like to keep my builds there.

I'm in the same boat. I hope it gets fixed soon. I can download my old gen characters from the cloud service but the PS4 version can't find my uploaded worlds from my PS3. I would really like to keep my builds there.
Hate to say it, but I really don’t see this bug getting fixed anytime soon. I got the game about a month or two ago and I experienced the same glitch, put in a bug report and everything, but the thing when I was looking for a fix, I saw that people have been getting this glitch for 2 or so years with no fix, ended up biting the bullet and making a new world myself, sorry guys :/.

Hello there. I got a little problem and i need some help.

I'm trying to upload my character and my world from the ps3 to the ps4. A bit of context: i've had the game on ps3 for a while and since i've just got the ps4, i bought the game on disc.
I've been able to upload both character and world from the ps3 to the cloud. Then, i'm able to download the character from the cloud to the ps4 and select it. The problem comes then. I download the world from the cloud to the ps4, it appears and when i select it, i always get this message: "No character available for download"
I even tried to upload the saved files directly to the playstation cloud using the playstation plus membership, but i was not able to download the files on the ps4. So i'm a bit stuck.
Does that ever happen to anyone?
Curious for anyone who’s experiencing this glitch, dunno if this would help them fix it, but every time like clockwork when I’m on the download world screen looking at my ps3 worlds, if I press L1(or L2 pretty sure it’s L1 though) the whole game will crash outta nowhere

Back
Top Bottom