Console Transferring a map

Dambuster79

Terrarian
Hi, my son and I started a map on my account but Its becoming a bit of a pain as he wants to play it all the time, meaning my xbox has to be on and he always gets kicked from the game (some reason he keeps losing connection) . Is there a way of transferring the map from my xbox to his? And on to his gaming account? Thanks very much

Hi, my son and I started a map on my account but Its becoming a bit of a pain as he wants to play it all the time, meaning my xbox has to be on and he always gets kicked from the game (some reason he keeps losing connection) . Is there a way of transferring the map from my xbox to his? And on to his gaming account? Thanks very much
Hi there @Dambuster79, I see that you play both Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Not knowing which this question is for, here are details for both...
  • On the Xbox 360 you can copy the world from your 360 to a usb drive, and then you can copy the world to your son’s 360 from the usb drive.
  • From your 360 you can upload to the cloud, and then download to your son’s X1.
  • On X1 you should be able to download the world onto your son’s X1 from the cloud. I believe the X1 keeps your games there and does not allow them to be copied to a local drive.
In all the cases, however, it’ll remain on your account. I don’t think there is a way to transfer it to a different profile. And just as a caution, there have been reports from others that the uploading/downloading onto X1 is not working as well as it should, you can still give it a try though.

Hi there @Dambuster79, I see that you play both Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Not knowing which this question is for, here are details for both...
  • On the Xbox 360 you can copy the world from your 360 to a usb drive, and then you can copy the world to your son’s 360 from the usb drive.
  • From your 360 you can upload to the cloud, and then download to your son’s X1.
  • On X1 you should be able to download the world onto your son’s X1 from the cloud. I believe the X1 keeps your games there and does not allow them to be copied to a local drive.
In all the cases, however, it’ll remain on your account. I don’t think there is a way to transfer it to a different profile. And just as a caution, there have been reports from others that the uploading/downloading onto X1 is not working as well as it should, you can still give it a try though.
Hi thanks for the reply, the map in question is on the xbox one. I'll give it a try and hopefully it will work. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom