PC Transferring a player

aMoth

Terrarian
I was using this player and I've made a decent bit of progress. I have put about 40 hours into him. Recent while cleaning up my desktop is accidently duplicated a lot of games and apps , terraria being one of them. I proceeded to delete the duplicates. Problem is I accidently deleted my actual terraria, not the duplicate. When is went to play terraria, and error code showed up with lots of errors. To fix this, i went into my terraria files and took out my character and world. I deleted the copy and the reinstalled terraria. Then i put the new character into the new terraria's files. But when i load into terraria, he is nowhere to be found. Anyone know how i can fix this?

Terraria only looks for those files in specific places, you need to put them back in the same position in the file hiearchy.
  • Worlds (files with the .wld extension) should be placed at /Documents/My Games/Terraria/Worlds
  • Players (files with the .plr extension) should be placed at /Documents/My Games/Terraria/Players
Additionally, in the Players folder there should be folder(s) with the same name as your player file(s). It should contain one or more files with the .map extension. The name is just a number. These files store information about how much of a world you have explored. As a player can visit multiple worlds (in either singleplayer or multiplayer) this information is stored in a folder in one or more files (each file corresponds to a specific world).

Hopefully you made a backup of those files as well. If not you will have to explore your world(s) again.

Terraria only looks for those files in specific places, you need to put them back in the same position in the file hiearchy.
  • Worlds (files with the .wld extension) should be placed at /Documents/My Games/Terraria/Worlds
  • Players (files with the .plr extension) should be placed at /Documents/My Games/Terraria/Players
Additionally, in the Players folder there should be folder(s) with the same name as your player file(s). It should contain one or more files with the .map extension. The name is just a number. These files store information about how much of a world you have explored. As a player can visit multiple worlds (in either singleplayer or multiplayer) this information is stored in a folder in one or more files (each file corresponds to a specific world).

Hopefully you made a backup of those files as well. If not you will have to explore your world(s) again.
Thank you, i have it fixed now :)

Back
Top Bottom