Mobile Transferring Old Mobile Worlds to PC

Zarath

Terrarian
So, I am currently transferring old world files to my desktop to play them there. So then I transfer some ancient, and I mean ancient world files to my desktop from my iPad (these are the world files that have the designation '.world') I noticed that I can't open them up, so I tried moving my OldSaves folder to the folder where player and world folders are stored, no dice. If anyone has info on how I can make these .world files work, or convert them to an updated version. Please let me know :).

Does changing the file extension to .wld make any difference?

It could just be that the PC version doesn't have anything in place to convert them. On mobile and console, when the 1.3 update happened, code was put in the game to handle converting pre-1.3 worlds to 1.3. Part of that was removing/converting exclusive items. Those items were never in the PC version so it never needed a method to convert them in the same way.

If you could find an intermediary version on mobile that could convert them to 1.3 (or better still 1.4) that may work?

I pulled this out my :red: though, so I could be talking crap.

So, I am currently transferring old world files to my desktop to play them there. So then I transfer some ancient, and I mean ancient world files to my desktop from my iPad (these are the world files that have the designation '.world') I noticed that I can't open them up, so I tried moving my OldSaves folder to the folder where player and world folders are stored, no dice. If anyone has info on how I can make these .world files work, or convert them to an updated version. Please let me know :).
Hi @Zarath the .world files can’t be opened by the PC. However, if you open up that world on mobile (1.3 or 1.4), the mobile game will automatically create a new file with the extension .wld and you should be able to open that on PC.

Don’t move the OldSaves folder. Just launch the game, pick a character, load that world. Once you’ve done that it creates a COPY (as a .wld file) in the Terraria>Worlds folder. Your Terraria>OldSaves>Worlds (as .world files) will remain the same.

Hi @Zarath the .world files can’t be opened by the PC. However, if you open up that world on mobile (1.3 or 1.4), the mobile game will automatically create a new file with the extension .wld and you should be able to open that on PC.

Don’t move the OldSaves folder. Just launch the game, pick a character, load that world. Once you’ve done that it creates a COPY (as a .wld file) in the Terraria>Worlds folder. Your Terraria>OldSaves>Worlds (as .world files) will remain the same.
I don’t know if this makes a difference, but the device I’m using hasn’t been used for terraria in a while (Been through mobile 1.2 and below), I loaded up the world on my mobile device previous to transferring it, should I try moving this file to the main World folder instead of leaving it inside the OldSaves folder?

I don’t know if this makes a difference, but the device I’m using hasn’t been used for terraria in a while (Been through mobile 1.2 and below), I loaded up the world on my mobile device previous to transferring it, should I try moving this file to the main World folder instead of leaving it inside the OldSaves folder?
Moving the .world file manually will have no effect. :)

The world (with the .world file still in the OldSaves>Worlds folder) would need to be loaded in Terraria 1.3 (or 1.4) in order for the game to automatically copy and convert the .world file to a usable .wld file.

Moving the .world file manually will have no effect. :)

The world (with the .world file still in the OldSaves>Worlds folder) would need to be loaded in Terraria 1.3 (or 1.4) in order for the game to automatically copy and convert the .world file to a usable .wld file.
I do not see any effect on my device by playing the world, I have loaded it multiple times and are on the most recent build, a modern world file has not loaded anywhere. The .world file still remains

I do not see any effect on my device by playing the world, I have loaded it multiple times and are on the most recent build, a modern world file has not loaded anywhere. The .world file still remains
Yes, the .world file will still remain, but there should also be a .wld file in Terraria>Worlds

The .world file will be in Terraria>OldSaves>Worlds
The .wld file will be in Terraria>Worlds

Yes, the .world file will still remain, but there should also be a .wld file in Terraria>Worlds

The .world file will be in Terraria>OldSaves>Worlds
The .wld file will be in Terraria>Worlds
I do not see a .wld file, I cannot find it. I’ll try to throughly search the device for the modern world file. To my knowledge, it doesn’t exist yet

I have a similar problem, i haven’t played in a while (and on previous device), i can see my old .world saved worlds but when i try to open them the game just shuts down.
i can start a new world no problem and it saves as a .wld file.
is there any other way to open or convert the old .world saves?

Back
Top Bottom