Blocks & Decoration Transmogrification

Should this idea be added to the game?

• Total voters

ℒαღαґ™

Terrarian
Hello fellow Terrarians, my name is Lamar.

Following the ability to make any piece of armor look like another, and have any dye, i thought to myself why cant we do this with weapons too? There are many reasons why i think we havent got this, and one of them i think is that it would make the inventory system to cluttered, and how would we even implement an area for weapons to go and be dyed and have another look. But i do believe that i have found a solution to most of the problems, and this isnt an idea that i have come up with, its an idea that is already in another game.
Gsc9usg.png

In WoW there is a vendor called an ethereal Transmogrifier NPC. This NPC lets you make weapons and armor look like any other weapon and armor in the game, with a limit of course, staffs cant look like swords, and guns cant look like staffs. But you can still make weapons look like other weapons of its nature. So like the WoW team wanted to do, you could bring back into fation older weapons that have less damage, and place them over the newer weapons. My idea was for them to have the damage of the new weapon, but have to old weapons look and maybe particle effect. Some weapons like the Star Wrath, that doesnt have any weapon with the same particle effect (The Star Fury does but they are the same, just with more stars) could not be changed, or maybe you could just change the look of it to the Meowmere, but it still has the Star Wrath effect.

The ability to do this could be from an end game vendor or from an end game crafting station. The NPC/Station would also let you dye your weapons, this would be very fun as you can already dye your armor and equipables, and im not saying to take out the area to dye and change your armor and equipables in your inventory, im simple asking for you to add an NPC/Station where we can do the same but with Weapons.

Here are some ideas for how this could work.
1) The older weapon you want to put over the newer weapon would be consumed when transmoged.
2) You can untransmog the weapon but you would only get the newer weapon back.
3) The only way to do all this is with the NPC/Station
4) This is an end game NPC/Station
5) It could cost Gold to do this, and based on the items used more or less Gold.

The item when transmoged could look like this
vF5VGeU.png
=
ARzw06g.png

And the name could be the newer weapons but with Transmoged in front of it, like Transmoged Meowmer.

I have no ideas for the look of the NPC/Station, i thought the crafting for the station could use some of these bars:-
Luminite_Bar.png
Luminite Bar ?
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
Chlorophyte Bar ?
Shroomite_Bar.png
Shroomite Bar ?
Spectre_Bar.png
Spectre Bar ?
Hellstone_Bar.png
Hellstone Bar ?
Meteorite_Bar.png
Meteorite Bar ?
And the NPC could spawn after you defeat the final boss.
And also the interface for the NPC/Station could look a little like this maybe:-
ob0hBVT.png

But you could also put 1 weapon in if you just want to add a dye to it, and if you place a staff and a sword in or anything else you should not be able to transmog, it will simply not output an item in the far right box.

So this was my idea and i hope you guys like it :D

I like the idea, but I believe there will be a limit to what can transmogified (particle the size and effect of both weapons in question, EX: both sword must be at least similar size and shape).

I want to be able to mask my weapons, but I disagree with a limitation. If someone can have 100 defense wearing the dryad's bikini, then why not let them use the Megashark as a sword?

The ability to mask weapons should come sooner I believe, as it's simply a vanity effect, and we can use vanity items as soon as we find them. Perhaps give this ability to the Tinkerer's Workshop? Or the goblin himself.

A Meowmere that looks like a blue Fiery Greatsword that launches rainbow Fallen Stars. I'm unsure how the GUI would look but a lot of fun combinations could be made.

Megashark as a sword
The limitation would come from the simple fact of how Terraria handles the sprites with the corresponding weapon type, wouldn't it? Guns are horizontal, and swords are..... umm... slanted. Swinging animation has the character holding the bottom left of the sprite, and mid left for ranged weapon holding animation. I suppose you could just double the amount of sprites of weapons for the little gimmick though.

Last edited:
I make something similar in the past; a "Blacksmith" NPC
Blacksmith.png
, who sells a crating station that do the same thing with weapons, people don't liked my Idea, but anyway I like this, making your own weapons will be really funny and awesome, but so OP too...
latest
Obiously Support!
latest

Back
Top Bottom