Items Transmutation Reactor - Extractinator Upgrade for off-world Ore conversion

With the early-game ores, the alts are exactly 50% more valuable than the originals. I just kept that ratio consistent throughout.

As for being the same in both directions, that would defeat any reason for going from alt to originals.

Well, aesthetically speaking for their brick counterpart I think Silver > Tungsten and Mythril > Orichalcum...but that's a pretty small point.

As for being the same in both directions, that would defeat any reason for going from alt to originals.
Well, aesthetically speaking for their brick counterpart I think Silver > Tungsten and Mythril > Orichalcum...but that's a pretty small point.
Also, it might just be that I never used Palladium, Orichalcum or Titanium armor, but I think the "classic" HM ores are nicer than some wierd set bonus.

I think 'a bit' is an understatement.

The Ranger and Mage original HM set bonuses don't contribute directly to performance at all. Their stats are close to being the same, if not inferior, to their counterparts.

Well, I just thought of a definite reason to allow conversion back and forth- tungsten worlds will want silver bullets

Well, I just thought of a definite reason to allow conversion back and forth- tungsten worlds will want silver bullets
Oh, that's what you mean. You can convert both ways. Three pre-1.2 ores will get you two 1.2 ones, and two 1.2 ores give you 3 pre-1.2 ones.

I thought you meant having the ratio be 3:2 in both directions rather than being 2:3 in one of them.

I really don't think silver bullets are even used that much. You can get meteor shots before them and you can get a tonne of bullets. I got Meteor Armour, Space Gun and 8k bullets from 2 meteorites. And by the time you reach hardmode, you instantly have access to Explosive bullets.

Maybe you could be able to change light should to dark souls and the other way around?
Also, conversions for non-ore materials between worlds is a distinct possibility, although I'm not sure which level of Transmutor this should require.
Just putting that there.

EDIT: Scratch that, I somehow thought Souls of Light and Night were alternates. Thanks for pointing it out, @FlakMaster

Last edited:
Light and Dark souls aren't dependant on a world though; they co-exist. Transmuting one to the other would just dissuade people from experiencing the content of the underground biome that drops the souls they transmuted.

Do you think it (the Transmutation Reactor) could also transform Souls into Cores or Runes, and vice versa, if you are counting the Cyber (and I know that you've been to Tobbvald's threads too)? The question is, how do you choose what they transform into? As crafting ingredients, they don't do anything on their own, and I think you could use them interchangeably for their ingredients (craft a Megashark with Cyber Cores), but I am not so sure.

Do you think it (the Transmutation Reactor) could also transform Souls into Cores or Runes, and vice versa, if you are counting the Cyber (and I know that you've been to Tobbvald's threads too)? The question is, how do you choose what they transform into? As crafting ingredients, they don't do anything on their own, and I think you could use them interchangeably for their ingredients (craft a Megashark with Cyber Cores), but I am not so sure.
I'm fairly sure that the official game won't include the Covert and Contagion, just because of how massive the project as a whole (including the addition of the Cyber) would be in order to implement. As such, I won't really spend time worrying over that.

Fair enough. I wish it were added, seeing how awesome and detailed those threads are, but I am going off topic. Also, I love this idea! I would like to transmute ores into other ores to make lovely Palladium armor in a world with Cobalt (seriously, everything Crimson and above, except Molten armor, is better than Cobalt).

Fair enough. I wish it were added, seeing how awesome and detailed those threads are, but I am going off topic. Also, I love this idea! I would like to transmute ores into other ores to make lovely Palladium armor in a world with Cobalt (seriously, everything Crimson and above, except Molten armor, is better than Cobalt).

Cobalt is actually a really good melee speed set, but Palladium is a better tanking set with the higher defense and what is essentially a permanent combat regen boost. I prefer Palladium, but for those who like to fight at high speed, Colbalt is a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom