Trap Ideas Please!

BloodyFingers23

Skeletron Prime
So me and a couple of friends play on a private expert world, and I have been known to blow up friends with explosive traps. It's all in good fun, no items or money are lost between us, and when it happens it's hilarious :merchantgrin:Well anyways, last night one friend decided he'd try and get me back. He failed miserably:

I've all but exhausted my bag of tricks to blow people up now and I'm curious as to what other ways people can think up. Here are some of the things I did:
  • One of my friends set up a teleporter network (from the house to the jungle or other biome, and from there to several places in said biome). I disconnected the switch from the teleporter and rewired it to TNT (successful :merchantcool:)
  • Our hellevator isnt perfectly straight, so at one point you will land and have to move over a block. I set a plate on that block (this one I blew myself up because a medusa petrified me and I fell on it :merchanteek:)
  • Our minetrack that runs the length of the map runs through our arena so I his some TNT connected to a platetrack. (successful, albeit the wrong target:merchantindifferent:)
  • At one point there was a Living Wood tree in an annoying spot so we dug through it (it eventually became a fishing hole with the tree just floating there). I set a plate in the shallows of the hole and raised the water enough to hide the plate. (huge success. I had the whole skype call rollin' :merchantcool:)
  • At one point our alchemy room was somewhat separated from the rest of the house, so I hid some TNT on a shelf and put a plate next to the door. (success, though I had to rebuild the alchemy lab :merchantsigh:)
I look forward to hearing your scenarios :) I'm really focused on explosives but if you have a fast way to kill someone by other means, and can be sneaky about it, I'm open to that too!

you could do a tunnel, and when a person goes to the middle, a couple of boulders roll down from each side, so that way it won't wreck your world and is at least somewhat reusable.

you could do a tunnel, and when a person goes to the middle, a couple of boulders roll down from each side, so that way it won't wreck your world and is at least somewhat reusable.
Nice idea :merchantgrin:I thought about using boulders but not in that way. I'll have to play around with em to get them to roll correctly then.

I had another idea. It's obvious they expect it from me now but they're becoming more and more crafty it seems... I was tinkering with our house in tEdit and found some left over explosives where the former house used to be (YES, Green nuked the ENTIRE house, in an attempt to get me. FORTUNATELY he ended up setting it off accidentally before he could finish preparing it :merchantsigh:I told that derp that the plate/switch is the last thing you do but nobody ever listens to me $-_- I'm off on a tangent...). I thought about doing something obviously silly and have say, a small hut with explosives, wired off a ways to an obvious detonator (like you find next to mass ore deposits) so when they press it (and they will) the hut will blow up, but also another trap will spring on the detonator location. I may use boulders for that too, since they can fall from off-screen and wont be seen while they follow the wire. I love this game we play XD

Nice idea :merchantgrin:I thought about using boulders but not in that way. I'll have to play around with em to get them to roll correctly then.

I had another idea. It's obvious they expect it from me now but they're becoming more and more crafty it seems... I was tinkering with our house in tEdit and found some left over explosives where the former house used to be (YES, Green nuked the ENTIRE house, in an attempt to get me. FORTUNATELY he ended up setting it off accidentally before he could finish preparing it :merchantsigh:I told that derp that the plate/switch is the last thing you do but nobody ever listens to me $-_- I'm off on a tangent...). I thought about doing something obviously silly and have say, a small hut with explosives, wired off a ways to an obvious detonator (like you find next to mass ore deposits) so when they press it (and they will) the hut will blow up, but also another trap will spring on the detonator location. I may use boulders for that too, since they can fall from off-screen and wont be seen while they follow the wire. I love this game we play XD
use slopes for directing to boulders

Back
Top Bottom