Results are only viewable after voting.
As you may know, the trapped chest is fake
It cannot be opened and signals when awake
Perhaps traps that kill or to open a fort
But they will never open, not as a last resort

So I propose a signal that functions quite well
But the chests can still store, now isn't that swell

So terrarians, what do you think?
Will you lift this up or curse it to sink?

Summary: Trapped chests still send signals but can actuay be used to store stuff

I never even realized Trapped Chests existed. Sure, the inventory slots might make a good disguise since if you can't use a chest you know that's a bad sign. (Spooky scary explosives sends giblets everywhere)
So it's kinda Minecraft-y without the blocks (Replaced with pixels)

I would say no because of the Adventure Maps that I have seen that blocked you from have storage with these. Maybe interchangeable, like with a crafting recipe you could change with the normal and the storable.

I would say no because of the Adventure Maps that I have seen that blocked you from have storage with these. Maybe interchangeable, like with a crafting recipe you could change with the normal and the storable.
Just because you can store something in them doesn't mean you have to. You could also put a series of those letter statues in saying "HAHAHA" or something along those lines.

I'm gonna have to say no to this one, because I think that trapped chests are fine how they are, also, like @Animus Viral said, trapped chests are useful for map makers as they can be used as decoration but not storage. I also like his idea about them being interchangeable, but I think that when crafting a normal chest from a trapped chest, the player shouldn't be able to get back the wire that was used to craft the trapped chest. Or not, I mean there's no real reason for that so whatever.

When I want to trap a chest, I put a Player Sensor logic item beneath it, or somewhere where they have to walk past in order to reach it, just in case they try to do the ol' "Let's see how close I can get to the chest without being in the range of a possible trap" schtick.

This way they still get to use the chest as a little reward for their efforts, despite having something trigger. But yes, a logic sensor is only temporary while you're in the zone above it. There are still ways to trigger another switch nearby and hidden that will have a permanent effect if needed.

Back
Top Bottom