tModLoader Tree of Life - Expanding the item combination trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's totally possible, but probably very OP :p
Needs to be really well balanced so that it doesn't make your life too easy and fits the Terraria game progression.
I'm liking the idea, though (now lets hope @Torwent likes it too :p)!
No that, It will does one tiny increase, and it will dropped by the penultimate boss and will be used to the final boos of the mod

No that, It will does one tiny increase, and it will dropped by the penultimate boss and will be used to the final boos of the mod
Then my earlier stated rules will still apply :p
This doesn't mean that I don't like the idea though, quite the opposite actually, since there isn't really an item in-game that allows for stat increase by only having the item in the inventory.

What kind of stat changes did you have in mind? Melee/Ranged/Magic damage boost, speed boost or jump boost (or any of the boosts I have not stated XD).
It IS kind of tricky, since you don't want the player to have 10 of those 'don't wear, but boost stats' kind of items, since even if you only have the item give youa 5% melee damage boost, if you have 10 of them, it'll still add up to 50%. I guess you'll just have to check if there's any other item with the same ID in the inventory and just ignore those stat changes.

Hi! My friend have tested the mod and noticed that some items cannot be crafted:
Frozen Shiny Stone
Summoner Necklace
Handyman Gear
Enhanced Magic Quiver

It is possible to make one item that add a buff or something like in inventory (not equipped)?
Tbh, I would like some item like a Holy Grail, you craft it with potions leaned towards defense and regeneration, and it would apply their effects while never being consumed, so you could use it as long as you want. It's counterpart could be an Unholy Grail, crafted with potions leaned towards attack. Recipes would be like this: Holy Grail (Swiftness, Ironskin, Regeneration, Endurance, Heartreach, Life Force, Thorns, Warmth potions and Pumpkin Pies, all to their max stacks) Unholy Grail (Battle, Hunter, Inferno, Wrath, Rage potion). Something like that, not exactly like it. And I think the Holy Grail is pretty OP as I described it. Well, just an idea, probably a bad one.

Another bug-report - the invisibility from Kung-fu gear is conflicting with the Vortex Armor not allowing to turn on the armor's invisibility. Another bug - put the Kung-fu gear into a chest and wanted to take it with another character, opened a chest with that character and the item has turned into an ordinary Master Ninja.

Frozen Shiny Stone - Spores cause too little damage in hard mode, 1-3 damage, it's too little of them make any sense, I propose to increase the airspeed by 50% and damage to 30-50, and the gas can be removed.

I would also like to see infinite holy arrows. How about infinite hellfire and meteor shot? I would like to see infinite everything, but that may be too much work.

I agree, we pretty much need infinite types of every ammo... Hey, how about infinite throwing items?? An non-consumable throwing dagger or javelin sounds great for players who like to use throwing weapons!

I like this mod very much, however I think it gives you too much boost and renders several potions and stations useless. Those accessories are useful only on Expert since on Normal you breath through the game. Therefore I suggest some recepies to be endgame. My suggestion revolves around the thought that you have to kill Lunatic Cultist, survive Lunar event and kill Moon Lord on Normal without some of the accessories.

My suggestions:

Frozen Shiny Stone
Ice_Machine_%28placed%29.gif
>
eoID9hY.png
=
Shiny_Stone.png
Shiny Stone +
Frozen_Turtle_Shell.png
Frozen Turtle shell +
Charm_of_Myths.png
Charm of Myths +
Worm_Scarf.png
Worm Scarf +
Spore_Sac.png
Spore Sac + 10
Luminite_Bar.png
Luminite Bars

Summoner Necklace (maybe it should be called Master Summoner Necklace, since it is a superior version)

Bewitching_Table_%28placed%29.gif
>
xEgEKHe.png
=
Pygmy_Necklace.png
Pygmy Necklace +
Summoner_Emblem.png
Summoner Emblem +
Papyrus_Scarab.png
Papyrus Scarab + 10
Stardust_Fragment.png
Stardust Fragments + 10
Luminite.png
Luminite

Enhanced Magic Quiver(maybe it should be called Marksman/Sharpshooter Magic Quiver)
Ammo_Box.png
>
jhwuc81.png
=
Magic_Quiver.png
Magic Quiver +
Destroyer_Emblem.png
Destroyer Emblem + 10
Vortex_Fragment.png
Vortex Fragments + 10
Luminite.png
Luminite

Enhanced Sniper Scope (maybe it should be called Tactical Sniper Scope)

Ammo_Box.png
>
Pv7jlPJ.png
=
Sniper_Scope.png
Sniper Scope + 20
Vortex_Fragment.png
Vortex Fragments + 20
Luminite.png
Luminite

Mana Tear (maybe it should be called Celestial Tear)

Crystal_Ball.png
>
Mana_Flower.png
Mana Flower +
Celestial_Emblem.png
Celestial Emblem +
Magic_Cuffs.png
Magic Cuffs +
Mana_Regeneration_Band.png
Mana Regeneration Band + 10
Nebula_Fragment.png
Nebula Fragments + 10
Luminite.png
Luminite

My suggestion for the melee characters, since they always lacks in damage compared to ranged and Solar Flare armor makes you the target of agression.

Celestial Fighter Gauntlet
Sharpening_Station.png
> Item = Fire Gauntlet +
Celestial_Shell.png
Celestial Shell + 10
Solar_Fragment.png
Solar Fragments + 10
Luminite.png
Luminite

Gives +20% Melee Damage, 15% Melee Speed, 10% Melee Critical chance, 7% damage reduction, 1 HP Life regeneration, gives permanent armor penetration buff. (NO mining or minion bonuses)

Master Handyman Gear

Heavy_Work_Bench.png
> Item =
rltK3wM.png
Handyman Gear +
Toolbox.png
Toolbox + 5
Luminite_Bar.png
Luminite Bars
Increases Tool, Block, Item and Wall placement speed and reach. + 2x Toolbox bonus
Also automatically paints the objects placed and gives you Permanent Buff of the Builder Potion (using the respective potion will have no effect while wearing this item).

Endless Quivers/Bullet Pouches
3996 of the desired arrows/bullets + 5
Stardust_Fragment.png
Stardust Fragments
+ 5
Vortex_Fragment.png
Vortex Fragments + 5
Solar_Fragment.png
Solar Fragments + 5
Nebula_Fragment.png
Nebula Fragments

-------
This will make Lunar Fragments more useful and won't render many Bars redundant until you proceed through the Lunar Event.

Maybe there should be two version of the mod, if those changes are too much for some people, the normal and light version. But I think that since it makes so many things useless it should be endgame, cheers :)

Last edited:

Another fan of hard, what do you propose to complicate the craft, if you are too easy to play, play with a copper sword and do not have to offer here. Or just do not make these things and everything. For example Frozen Shiny Stone deals 1 damage creatures from hard mode. Why do things have to accrue to the end of the game after the last boss, I for example after its destruction is no longer banned, so nothing to do after that.

Last edited:
Another fan of hard, what do you propose to complicate the craft, if you are too easy to play, play with a copper sword and do not have to offer here. Or just do not make these things and everything. For example Frozen Shiny Stone deals 1 damage creatures from hard mode. Why do things have to accrue to the end of the game after the last boss, I for example after its destruction is no longer banned, so nothing to do after that.

I'm not a moder, this is a suggestion thread. Everyone has its own unique playstyle, I made suggestions based on my playstyle and how I see the ballance. I also tried to make things like potions and stations more useful, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom