tModLoader Tree of Life - Expanding the item combination trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guys bothered to check, the mod maker hasn't been on since December, so it's likely going to be a while before he comes back to update this. :sigh:

Hey. Its a bit not fair that there is no cursed bullet or arrow infinite pouches. Aand that you can carft firespark boots only with panic necklace.

Would be cool if someone made a mini-shark set for early-game expert mode.

Like Shark Fins + Silk = Shark Suit;
Helm = 2 Defense
Chest = 5 Defense
Leggings = 3 Defense
SetBonus: While holding a minishark, gain 20 armor penetration

Super Shark Suit
Soul of Might + Silk + Shark Helmet/Chest/Corresponding item
Super Shark Helm = 6 Defense
Super Shark Chest = 12 Defense
Super Shark Leggings = 7 Defense
SetBonus: While holding a megashark, gain 20 armor penetration, 20% Chance not to consume ammo

Would be cool if someone made a mini-shark set for early-game expert mode.

Like Shark Fins + Silk = Shark Suit;
Helm = 2 Defense
Chest = 5 Defense
Leggings = 3 Defense
SetBonus: While holding a minishark, gain 20 armor penetration

Super Shark Suit
Soul of Might + Silk + Shark Helmet/Chest/Corresponding item
Super Shark Helm = 6 Defense
Super Shark Chest = 12 Defense
Super Shark Leggings = 7 Defense
SetBonus: While holding a megashark, gain 20 armor penetration, 20% Chance not to consume ammo

Too specific I think? The only armor that specializes in one specific weapon is the Meteor armor and all it does for it is not have to use mana.

Furthermore 20 Armor Penetration is a lot in consideration to the few current methods to obtain it...

Finally i would not be early expertmode since you would need a gun to spawn the npc plus 35 gold to buy the mini shark. More for the bullets too. By thus point other less expensive weapons are available...

Too specific I think? The only armor that specializes in one specific weapon is the Meteor armor and all it does for it is not have to use mana.

Furthermore 20 Armor Penetration is a lot in consideration to the few current methods to obtain it...

Finally i would not be early expertmode since you would need a gun to spawn the npc plus 35 gold to buy the mini shark. More for the bullets too. By thus point other less expensive weapons are available...
That's the issue I find with the minishark. By the time you get to the item it's not useful in expert mode because everything has double defense making all your bullets deal 1s/2s
Armor pen is the only way to make it viable but not broken- considering mobs have less than 20 armor in hardmode, it would just deal it's base damage (which is a 1 damage increase in normal mode, and a 5 damage increase in expert mode from 1s to 5-6s in expert.)

That's the issue I find with the minishark. By the time you get to the item it's not useful in expert mode because everything has double defense making all your bullets deal 1s/2s
Armor pen is the only way to make it viable but not broken- considering mobs have less than 20 armor in hardmode, it would just deal it's base damage (which is a 1 damage increase in normal mode, and a 5 damage increase in expert mode from 1s to 5-6s in expert.)

But why not have accesories or armor that specifically increase armor penetration as opposed to favoring one weapon over another?

But why not have accesories or armor that specifically increase armor penetration as opposed to favoring one weapon over another?
Because that doesn't buff items with low base damage, that buffs all weapons- making the low base damage items still bad against high defense targets vs other options... do you... not understand?...

Because that doesn't buff items with low base damage, that buffs all weapons- making the low base damage items still bad against high defense targets vs other options... do you... not understand?...

As i said, favoring and creating a complete armor for one SPECIFIC weapon seems incorrect...

The only precedent is with the meteor armor and the only bit of its effect that targets the specific item is "not needing mana to use it". The other values of the armor are available to all other magic weapons...

Frankly, such a specific armor would most likely be ignored or treated as novelty rather than make the minishark more viable in the eyes of expertmode players...

PS- now that i think about it... This thread is mostly about combining the effects of various items rather than creating new armors and weapons... So our conversation here is a bit pointless...?

Maybe you should just give the idea to other mods that deal with armor sets to gauge their reactions?

It seems like there's many mods that make combinable accessories like these but they're all discontinued
RIP

This is like a single mod, abandoned and adopted from one person to another

Since the Thread seems to have been abandoned and the Thread has gotten derailed. We are closing this Thread for now.

@Torwent When/if you come back and want to resume working on your Mod again, feel free to Report your Thread and request for it unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom