Tree of Savior

rubeszilla

Terrarian
Watch it and weep...

Why Tree of Savior is a Must-Play Game in 2015
(http://treeofsavior.hubpages.com/hub/Introduction-to-Tree-of-Savior-Game)

10906213_f520.jpg

Goddess of Death, Giltine and Goddess of Destiny, Laima

There are a ton of MMORPG games on the internet, there's one that I think will be the next big game in 2015. This is the newest MMORPG fantasy based game, Tree of Savior created by IMC Games. Even before its public debut, the game has already penetrated the market with a fan based Wiki and an active Community already!

Introduction
The game looks extremely familiar to the classic Ragnarok Online. That’s because the lead designer of the game is Kim Hakkyu, who was the same person behind Ragnarok Online’s success in 2002. Tree of Savior adapted the same 2.5D approach, 2D characters in a 3D environment. Many Ragnarok Online fans have been waiting for a proper sequel, which RO2 fails to deliver. Tree of Savior appeared as the “Spiritual Successor of Ragnarok Online”, this quickly caught on to many RO fans worldwide, making Tree of Savior a much sought after MMORPG game in 2015.

Design
This time, Kim Hakkyu has more in store for us. Working together with Art Director, Maggi An Jeong-won; Tree of Savior will display the highest quality of gaming graphics that are mostly hand drawn. Instead of using computer animation for most of the textures, Maggi opted for hand drawing for most environments; her aim is to allow players to fully immerse into fairy tale feel of the game.

10874044_f520.jpg

Gameplay
Tree of Savior will adapt full keyboard controls for most character movement and attack commands; mouse will only be used for interacting with the UI of the game. This may disappoint many RO fans, who are more used to mouse controlled movement and attacks. However, after many Focus Group Testing sessions, the developers have confirmed that keyboard offers the best control accuracy in terms of timing and directional controls.

10875082_f520.jpg

Character Controls

World Map
Tree of Savior also features 3 major cities and 200 territories. Some of the cities are inspired by Lithuanian culture, so some names have been adapted into the game such as Klaipėda and Šiauliai, third and fourth biggest cities in Lithuania.

10875412_f520.jpg

Variety & Progressive Job Classes
Tree of Savior game offers up to a total of 80 job classes. In the beginning, players will be introduced with four basic class streams, swordsman, wizard, archer and cleric. Each player will progress through ten class advancement in order to achieve max level of 100.

10875183_f520.jpg

Character Stats and Customization
With the recent “spirit” stat added, characters now have five main stats. There are many ways players can customize their character stats. To be the best, players do not have to fix with a specific build. Tree of Savior also boasts up to 50 character costumes (job class costumes not included) and the ability to customize character hairstyle and eye color.

10875146_f520.jpg

Crafting & Enhancement
Of course, crafting and item upgrades also play a big role in Tree of Savior game. All job classes can craft items; some specialized crafting job classes can create more sophisticated items. Equipment can also be enhanced by Advancement, Gem Slotting and Adding Magic Amulets.

10875053_f520.jpg

Ranking
Tree of Savior introduces the “Adventure Journal”, a UI that tracks the overall progress of a player. Players’ score is compared with the server’s best performing player and the server’s average. Ranking is divided into these few categories:
  1. Map Exploration
  2. Item
  3. Monster Discovery
  4. Crafting
  5. Quest Completion
10875132_f520.jpg

Quest & Ranking

Other Features
“Staying in the field after log out” is an interesting feature Tree of Savior game is showing off to their fans. This feature allows crafting to take place when players have logged out of the game. Some PVP is allowed for single and party plays, but large scale guild wars are not ready yet.

Final Thoughts
At the moment, Tree of Savior is still in its beta testing phase. After the February Focus Group Test, the developers continued to improve the game. The Closed Beta Testing was supposed to release in summer, but it has been delayed due to publisher issues. Although we still cannot play the game at the moment, however since the last official blog update, it is confirmed that the developers are putting all resources into finalizing the Closed Beta Testing.

Since the last blog update, Google trends for the keyword "Tree of Savior" has also gone through the roof. I believe Tree of Savior will not just be a successor of Ragnarok Online. Tree of Savior will set the next level of benchmark in MMORPG gaming and will definitely be the must play game of 2015.

OFFICIAL SITE: http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/

Terraria ToS Posse anyone?

So basically, Ragnarok Online III: Our Poster Girls Have Larger Boobs?

How much of what you describe will be hidden behind a Wall of Purse Emptying? That is the most important detail when talking about a "free" online game. If I'm going to grind through an RPG, I don't want surprise limits not described in the front page/game tutorial (something which happens way too often these days.)

So basically, Ragnarok Online III: Our Poster Girls Have Larger Boobs?

How much of what you describe will be hidden behind a Wall of Purse Emptying? That is the most important detail when talking about a "free" online game. If I'm going to grind through an RPG, I don't want surprise limits not described in the front page/game tutorial (something which happens way too often these days.)
I'm not sure whether anyone knows for sure yet if it will be pay-to-win - oops! I mean free-to-play but I hear your concern. I never got into Ragnarok I & 2, how did those games handle it? I imagine it will be the same model.

I'm more concerned about the all-ages gig. Some of the bosses have indicators as to where they are going to attack before they attack - and some of them don't. I hope that's only in the tutorial or turn-offable in the options menu.

Also some of that audio is very Looney Tunes and doesn't seem to fit the art. I would prefer more realistic sounds than the pre-school cartoon sounds.

Eh, time will tell. I really like the action combat over the click-n-wait :red: of other MMOs, the more original setting of Lithuanian mythology of the usual Tolkien-esque stuff, and that artwork, I love it.

This game is going to be awesome, several classes with their uses and gameplay, a world map to explore, several quests, boss fights.

I hope I be able to run it when it gets released :D.

I hope it's awesome but all of Razor Knight's concerns may be valid.

I've been following it and they've taken well to advice from the beta testers. They're removing the boss forewarning attack animations and beefing up the difficulty as the testers complained it was too easy. Good signs.

Even I that were watching the gameplay videos on youtube thought that the bosses were way too easy.
But it is good to know that they fixed that little issue.
Plus... http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?p=284
Yeah what a fantastic idea hey? Just get the gamers to write to the proper text in their language. Terraria needs to do this so bad. If the game supported it, people could upload their language packs and others could simply place it in the game folder for win.

Yeah what a fantastic idea hey? Just get the gamers to write to the proper text in their language. Terraria needs to do this so bad. If the game supported it, people could upload their language packs and others could simply place it in the game folder for win.
Not only that, it also seems like the game is going to have a global release very soon.
I really hope there's a International server without IP Block, because I will not be happy if I be forced to play on Brazillian servers.
Ps:. I tried to do that on my mod once, didn't ended very well. Beside is not a bad idea.

Not only that, it also seems like the game is going to have a global release very soon.
I really hope there's a International server without IP Block, because I will not be happy if I be forced to play on Brazillian servers.
Ps:. I tried to do that on my mod once, didn't ended very well. Beside is not a bad idea.
It's only a global beta test, the final release is still some time off.

I'm sure there will be private servers all over the world in time.

Back
Top Bottom