Biomes & Nature Trees, Seeds, & Grass

JamesDNaux

Terrarian

Dynasty Tree 0.png
Dynasty Tree 1.png
Dynasty Tree 2.png

Dynasty Sapling/Tree
[Sold from the Zoologist when the Traveling Merchant is in town]

Plants a tree that drops dynasty wood. Can be planted on grass and jungle grass.

Spooky Tree 0.png
Spooky Tree 1.png
Spooky Tree 2.png
Spooky Tree 3.png
Spooky Tree 4.png

Spooky Sapling/Tree
[Sold from the Zoologist during Halloween, after a Pumpkin Moon]

Plants a tree that drops spooky wood. Can be planted on grass and corrupted grass.

Pine Tree 0.png
Pine Tree 1.png
Pine Tree 2.png
Pine Tree 3.png

Pine Sapling/Tree
[Sold from the Zoologist during Christmas, after a Frost Moon]

Plants a pine tree that drops pine wood. Can be planted on grass and snow.

Pine Wood.png

Pine Wood/Reworked Pine Tree Blocks
[Drops from Everscreams during a Frost Moon]

Pine Tree Blocks are woefully underutilized compared to other woods, it's not even properly wood! Let's fix that with Pine Wood and all the various furniture and equipment that would go with it. Pine Tree Blocks would still exist, with the existing pine furniture folded into the Pine Wood recipes.

Seeds - Mushroom.png
Seeds - Cactus.png
Seeds - Bamboo.png

Sporecorn, Cactus Seed, Bamboo Seed
[Collected when destroying their respective objects]

Place on the ground to plant glowing mushroom trees, cacti, and bamboo respectively.

Seeds - Cattail.png
Seeds - Seaweed.png
Seeds - Lily Pads.png

Cattail Seeds, Seaweed Seeds, Lily Pad Seeds
[Sold by the Dryad]

Tosses out seeds similarly to the chum bucket, throw the seeds in water to grow the respective plants.

Seeds - Snow Grass.png
Seeds - Sand Grass.png

Snow Grass Seeds and Sand Grass Seeds
[Sold by the Dryad when in the snow and ocean respectively]

Plants grass on snow and sand that lets certain plants grow (regular snow and sand plants still grow).
Snow_Block_(placed).png
Sand_Block_(placed).png

Also, it'd be nice if you could mow all types of grass instead of just normal and hallowed. Mowed corrupt grass could even prevent the thorns from growing above it.
Mowed_grass.png
Mowed_sand.png
Mowed_snow.png
Mowed_jungle.png
Mowed_mushroom.png
Mowed_ash.png
Mowed_corrupt.png
Mowed_crimson.png
Mowed_hallow.png

Last edited:
Pretty interesting idea.
Though not sure about these sprites fitting into terraria's style, but maybe it was just meant as a sort of general demonstration how could they look like?

They could use a little tinkering, like because spooky wood might be OP if acquired early game - but it should not be halloween exclusive probably.

But as for other seeds, that's a pretty interesting idea too, indeed, it could help growing certain plants exactly where the player wants, and now with the book to not accidentally destroy plants, it could be good for gardening and wilderness - now if only tomstones would value it too instead of destroying your garden and herbs...

and as for snow and sand grass... I'm actually a bit baffled... that's a very interesting idea, I'm surprised no one thought about that before (or if they did, I don't recall seeing posts about them) - of course it do sounds quite logical after ash grass though.
That being said, these might need special properties, such as not spreading on their own, or only under certain circumstances, so you won't turn the entire desert into a grassland (a savannah?) just by planting one single sand grass seed.

Pretty interesting idea.
Though not sure about these sprites fitting into terraria's style, but maybe it was just meant as a sort of general demonstration how could they look like?

They could use a little tinkering, like because spooky wood might be OP if acquired early game - but it should not be halloween exclusive probably.

But as for other seeds, that's a pretty interesting idea too, indeed, it could help growing certain plants exactly where the player wants, and now with the book to not accidentally destroy plants, it could be good for gardening and wilderness - now if only tomstones would value it too instead of destroying your garden and herbs...

and as for snow and sand grass... I'm actually a bit baffled... that's a very interesting idea, I'm surprised no one thought about that before (or if they did, I don't recall seeing posts about them) - of course it do sounds quite logical after ash grass though.
That being said, these might need special properties, such as not spreading on their own, or only under certain circumstances, so you won't turn the entire desert into a grassland (a savannah?) just by planting one single sand grass seed.
Yes, the pictures aren't sprites, just a visual representation of the idea.

Edited the OP to specify the saplings as only being sold after the proper events.

Yeah, they've added seeds for just about every plant so I just threw in the few stragglers. I'd specifically want seaweed at least since right now it only grows in ocean tunnels.

Thought about it after trying to put sunflowers across my map and being unable to in snow and sand areas without putting a block of grassy dirt and poorly hiding it with paint. Grassy areas around houses also just make them... homelier. The grass wouldn't occur naturally so no worries about it spreading over entire biomes, you have to buy it and place it.

I'm all for more trees and vegetation. Christmas trees already exist and are similar to your pine tree idea, but they aren't proper trees.
Also, it'd be nice if you could mow all types of grass instead of just normal and hallowed. Mowed corrupt grass could even prevent the thorns from growing above it.
A few weeks ago I was trying to mow some jungle grass and was rather confused when I found out only normal and hallowed grass can be mowed. Evil biome grass makes sense, I guess, with it being evil and resisting or whatnot, but the jungle is a normal surface biome where you can build houses without issues. Ash grass would also be nice to add to the list of mowables.

I'm all for more trees and vegetation. Christmas trees already exist and are similar to your pine tree idea, but they aren't proper trees.

A few weeks ago I was trying to mow some jungle grass and was rather confused when I found out only normal and hallowed grass can be mowed. Evil biome grass makes sense, I guess, with it being evil and resisting or whatnot, but the jungle is a normal surface biome where you can build houses without issues. Ash grass would also be nice to add to the list of mowables.
I know about the Christmas trees, but I'd like some proper pine trees and the more important part of the suggestion is making pine tree blocks into a proper wood type.

Yeah, the grass thing is weird, I guess jungle grass is too "wild" to mow or something. Maybe the lawn mower could be upgradable? Throw some demonite bars and the mower together to get a corruption mower, throw some jungle materials/glowing mushrooms and the mower together to get a mud mower, hellstone and mower for ash mower... then combine all the mowers to get the Terra Mower. :D

Back
Top Bottom