tModLoader Tremor Remastered [discontinued]

Do you like Tremor Mod? (If "No" please tell why)

• Yes!

Votes: 1,490 86.1%
  • Nope.

Votes: 241 13.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use and enjoy this mod along with a host of others. I do not understand the hostility here. Sure, some items are bugged but the authors are doing the best they can. Keep up the good work and don't let the un necessary hostility get you down..

Well- if I were to give my opinion on some of the Tremor gear and what could be done to spice it up, here's what I think.
For one, I'm a fan of Tremor. Undoubtedly, a lot of work has gone into putting out such a big mod with some amazing sprites and code. Though it has its fair share of balance issues, brought to your attention (hopefully) by other members to be fixed in the next update, which mod doesn't? It's definitely hard to balance every item perfectly.
However, there are some things (some simple things), that if done, would really raise this mod another level.
What Tremor seems to be lacking, in my opinion, is interesting weapon and armor effects. While, yes, there are some reeaallyy cool items, like the Sharking, the Swamp Clump, and the Carrow, a lot of other items lack visual effects, debuffs, or other small things that could be changed. For example, a lot of armor sets' set bonuses seem boring, as they're usually just defense or life regen increasing bonuses.
I notice that Tremor doesn't have many custom debuffs. Adding some to be given by, say, the Afterlife Set or the Magma Gear, would make them awesome! Perhaps adding different components to set bonuses, like life steal, certain bonuses in certain conditions, or even custom dusts, it'd be great.
If you'd like any help with stuff like that, including coding, I'd be happy to lend a hand. That's my two cents, expect more opinions in the future. Cheers, and I wish this mod the best!

Well- if I were to give my opinion on some of the Tremor gear and what could be done to spice it up, here's what I think.
For one, I'm a fan of Tremor. Undoubtedly, a lot of work has gone into putting out such a big mod with some amazing sprites and code. Though it has its fair share of balance issues, brought to your attention (hopefully) by other members to be fixed in the next update, which mod doesn't? It's definitely hard to balance every item perfectly.
However, there are some things (some simple things), that if done, would really raise this mod another level.
What Tremor seems to be lacking, in my opinion, is interesting weapon and armor effects. While, yes, there are some reeaallyy cool items, like the Sharking, the Swamp Clump, and the Carrow, a lot of other items lack visual effects, debuffs, or other small things that could be changed. For example, a lot of armor sets' set bonuses seem boring, as they're usually just defense or life regen increasing bonuses.
I notice that Tremor doesn't have many custom debuffs. Adding some to be given by, say, the Afterlife Set or the Magma Gear, would make them awesome! Perhaps adding different components to set bonuses, like life steal, certain bonuses in certain conditions, or even custom dusts, it'd be great.
If you'd like any help with stuff like that, including coding, I'd be happy to lend a hand. That's my two cents, expect more opinions in the future. Cheers, and I wish this mod the best!
Thanks for your suggestions! There are already some potions in 1.3 but we will add even more buffs & debuffs :) Same with unusual weapons.

For those who think that the Tremor is dead or will be released only in a few years, or just for those who are waiting for the update long enough, we'll leave here a list of what we have to do to update finally saw the light. At least in order for you to make sure that development is in full swing and we have plans for the future.

For release 1.3, we should do:
*Finish work on their new posthardmode game mode
*Inspect items and monsters to balance and fix some bugs of previous versions
*To finish the banners for Tremor's monsters.
*To Supplement/modify the behavior of some old and new bosses.
*Finalize the system of hunger and content associated with it.
*Create some new structures
*The final battle?...

I personally think that even if 1.3 plans to have the final battle, it shouldn't be the true final battle. It's like every mod that adds a posthardmode (even avalon) is quite short. For example, Hardmode has 8 bosses (not including the pillars and event bosses). And I don't think it's possible without giving out quite a lot of work and delaying the release of 1.3 to at least get 6/7 bosses within one update. I mean, if you're gonna make a new mode, you might as well live up to it.

I personally think that even if 1.3 plans to have the final battle, it shouldn't be the true final battle. It's like every mod that adds a posthardmode (even avalon) is quite short. For example, Hardmode has 8 bosses (not including the pillars and event bosses). And I don't think it's possible without giving out quite a lot of work and delaying the release of 1.3 to at least get 6/7 bosses within one update. I mean, if you're gonna make a new mode, you might as well live up to it.
perhaps that is why I put a question mark after the "final battle" :happy:

Well since we are talking about critic.
1: Most of the bosses in tremor have really boring attack patterns or moves that dont really give them flavor> (seriously pixie queen just summons pixies and rams you)
2: I really think you should release just tiny mini updates to fix some of the stuff people are talking about so that they wont have to wait until trem 1.3 just to get these fixed.
3: I feel like the boss loot just isnt really worth getting. Most of it is overshadowed way too quickly to be considered useful>
Just my 2 cents. Take what you want from it.

Not sure why so much school-yard drama and overwhelming waves of criticism (albeit *some* of it certainly constructive) ravaging this thread like a nasty tsunami all the sudden, but it's a shame to see. Anyone who has played this long enough knows there are some big issues currently holding the mod back.

That said, I'm sure most lashing out here are still running this mod and would prefer it in its current state than not at all. After all, there's still a TON of great content to be experienced here. And what isn't great, is being addressed to a large extent and will be fixed -- whenever it's ready.

This was the first mod I ever installed for Terraria -- I'll always be a fan. Therefore I have no problem with patiently looking forward to the next update. :)

the only real problem i have is that some items don't stack properly when picked up or added to another stack (like the thorn ball, may have been a couple other items as well that did this)

Not sure why so much school-yard drama and overwhelming waves of criticism (albeit *some* of it certainly constructive) ravaging this thread like a nasty tsunami all the sudden, but it's a shame to see. Anyone who has played this long enough knows there are some big issues currently holding the mod back.

That said, I'm sure most lashing out here are still running this mod and would prefer it in its current state than not at all. After all, there's still a TON of great content to be experienced here. And what isn't great, is being addressed to a large extent and will be fixed -- whenever it's ready.

This was the first mod I ever installed for Terraria -- I'll always be a fan. Therefore I have no problem with patiently looking forward to the next update. :)
Agree with you completely there :D This also was my first mod for Terraria. My only real grievance is Cog Lord's invincibility :red: in Expert Mode.

Just wondering, is there any chance of a "hotfix" update just to keep this running in the current tmodloader? From what I understand, its totally nonfunctional because of changes to fishing code and some other thing. I'd like to update my game to 1.3.3.2, but I'd also like my current world to still, you know, work.

Just wondering, is there any chance of a "hotfix" update just to keep this running in the current tmodloader? From what I understand, its totally nonfunctional because of changes to fishing code and some other thing. I'd like to update my game to 1.3.3.2, but I'd also like my current world to still, you know, work.
Current version of mod works fine on latest tModLoader version as @jopojelly told me today.
We're not using Cusom Sky and Fishing things in the current version so everything works.

That was Thorium, and now it's updated :D

holy moly, i just had deja vu reading those last few pages, anyway, i can half agree and disagree that this mod, while is ripe with content, lacks a lot of intersting stuff:

when playing with other large mods (such as thorium and calamity) i tend to not notice this mod, almost at all aside from the occasional NPC or my inventory filing with vanity items every 5 seconds in hardmode.

the bosses are very obsolete in terms of when you fight them or what they are like, of course cog lord is like a freight train with a spike attached to the front of it, the pixie queen is not really worth the effort to get the large amount of resources to fight it, the evil corn, while a good idea, is pretty much never seen or acknowledged because lets be honest, no-one really checks NPC's during a bloodmoon unless its hardmode, the rukh is also something i will constantly forget exists.

like mentioned in other posts, some weapons are buggy in one way or another, the invar bow will usually fire twice when you only click once, the hand cannon should really require some sort of ammo, as it is quite powerful if you get a pirate invasion early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom